It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is just a dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You can probably tell what I want to discuss based on the context of the title; is our reality just a dream? They say that a dream feels completely real until you wake up and think back on what happened in the dream that you realize that it was just that, a dream. So could our reality be interpreted as a dream, that we will only realize is a dream when we wake up? If so, what will we wake up to? Would we wake up to the utopia that we all want to call "heaven"? This is just another thing that was going through my head this morning and I thought it might spark a nice discussion here on ATS, also if you are going to reply bashing on my thoughts please keep it to yourself, I am not basing any of this on scientific fact so there is no reason to try and prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've wondered this my entire life. That's all we can do, I fear...wonder.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwisoop
You can probably tell what I want to discuss based on the context of the title; is our reality just a dream? They say that a dream feels completely real until you wake up and think back on what happened in the dream that you realize that it was just that, a dream. So could our reality be interpreted as a dream, that we will only realize is a dream when we wake up? If so, what will we wake up to? Would we wake up to the utopia that we all want to call "heaven"? This is just another thing that was going through my head this morning and I thought it might spark a nice discussion here on ATS, also if you are going to reply bashing on my thoughts please keep it to yourself, I am not basing any of this on scientific fact so there is no reason to try and prove me wrong.

Well to be clear Reality is actual.. what we might perceive as Reality while dreaming is a dream or delusion. But the word Reality (the most correct use of the word) would be what you would wake up into. When you are dreaming what is Real is not in the context of being awake.

When you wake up from an extremely vivid dream you can immediately experience a shift in your awareness. The blurry edges that characterize even the most vivid dreams become immediately obvious. Waking up to Reality might be similar, but completely different in that you cannot know the experience through the dream. Having a dream about waking up to Reality will be very different than waking up into Reality.

Often while we dream there are triggers we can almost consciously use to wake ourselves up. So to with waking up into Reality. The triggers to wake up to what is actual are love and peace. Consciously asking yourself to wake up by focusing your attention on peaceful, compassionate and loving expression towards creation can trigger an awakening. Because these are characteristics of Reality. Reality is wholeness, completeness, absoluteness. It is ecstatic contentment and utter peace. By subjectively attempting to know this we can trigger an awakening in the objective reality of it. Peace!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwisoop
...They say that a dream feels completely real until you wake up and think back on what happened in the dream that you realize that it was just that, a dream. So could our reality be interpreted as a dream, that we will only realize is a dream when we wake up? ...

Was just talking about something of this nature with my daughter...
The strange part, to me, is - how dreams can include such vastly different backdrops (history, paradigm, etc...) than "this reality"...yet, not only do we accept them...but move in/through them without questioning. (usually)
There are the very rare instances where, at some point in the dream, I realize "something isn't right with this scenario"...and wake up...but, again...those are "rare" for me.

...This is just another thing that was going through my head this morning...

So - you had more than one thing going through your head this morning? ....

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Aha, but there you said it and then you flipped the discussion to something completely different.

Reality is a dream.

You seemed not able to grasp what reality was.

When you speak to someone, you do not read what you say from the walls or from the ground do you? The words/sentences come out of the dream. Your body is in tune with a dream. The world made itself a part of that dream. Like just yesterday you dreamed with some girl. When you ate lasagna, the lasagna you ate became part of the dream you call life you talk about, for we always talk about life and all you talk about is your life.

Life is a dream. Don't get confused on the topic.

new topics

top topics

join