It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I unplugged from the facebook matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Soooo, I hope it is a break up that will last forever.

I ripped the bandaide quickly, but already feel the guilt.

I feel I left everyone behind...

I have no cell phone, only a landline so they can't text me.

How many have done this same thing so far?

Have you seen major life improvements?

I just felt like 20 years ago when I cut off the cable, it was taking over my life!

Next will be the internet, if I could just be single again so my bf wouldnt kill me, and I would have to rent to someone who wants no internet, so that part will be hard, but man, I just want my life back! lol

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Don't forget to remove the Facebook cookies, they'll keep tracking you if you don't.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatives

Don't forget to remove the Facebook cookies, they'll keep tracking you if you don't.

Crazy, thanks, how do I do that??

Just delete all of my cookies or is there more to it than that??

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have suffered from facebook burn out. I used to be on all of the time. Now maybe 3-5 times a month.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
For me I was sick of being attatched to EVERY page I look at, EVERY comment I make ANYWHERE, stuff I buy etc, plus getting too many stalkers and idiots acting like it is a dating site.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I did the same several months ago. Just got tired of the rat-race and decided to delete my FB account, which according to them doesn't really delete it, lol.

I don't miss it. I do not miss all the drama. Any drama that comes my way via the internet is only from here on ATS and I can control that by either not replying to a post or not even reading a certain post at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Yeah, no dount eh!

I figure out of sight, out of mind, and the rediculous amounts of misunderstandings and accusations of flirting or being flirted with , and just, yeah, blah blah blah....lol

My tiny cirlce that actually MATTERS, can call me or we know where to meet every week, half of them sleep at my house a few times a week as it is because no one drinks and drives, etc.... the rest were just starting to drag me down and suck me into a waistland of waisted time and brain cells, lol.

I wonder if there is a way to actually DELETE the account, instead of just deactivating it?
edit on 26-3-2013 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes, unfortunately it involves you having to write a letter to them, FB, and requesting that they delete your material. I read it somewhere while I was closing down my account but don't remember all the details. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I did that once. Lasted for 3 days. And I know it's useless. And I know people aren't really my friends, I just can't unplug. It's a sickness.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
most people DEACTIVATE, rather than DELETE their account. You can DELETE it now, is it deleted, or just deactivated?

new topics

top topics

join