It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would such a thing be worth in the open market?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If you had a fully developed and readily deliverable premise that could allow the Atheistic community to literally pin the Theist and Deist argument helplessly against the wall, and actually do so without ever insulting their opponents' intelligence or capacity for perception interpretation, what would such a fully vetted presentation be worth to - let's say - The Atheists Alliance of America, Council for Secular Humanism, or any of the dozens of national and international Atheistic groups?

I know I'm supposed to give away everything to everyone - even if no one else ever does or ever will - but I'm not running for the office of Jesus 2.0, so don't waste your time pestering me with moralisms that you wouldn't even bother with yourself. The value clearly exists, especially considering the cultural shellacking that the Atheist community takes in even the most modern industrialized countries. But what is that value, as translated into liquid currency?

Hell, I'm just trying to work out my business plan like any right thinking American.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It will cost as much as my secret elixir of life does.

How much does my elixir cost, you ask?

You first.

Though, I don't really know if yours is worth it, seeing as you cannot pin belief to a wall helplessly in order to have someone deny it.

edit on 26-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Though, I don't really know if yours is worth it, seeing as you cannot pin belief to a wall helplessly in order to have someone deny it.

edit on 26-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

Ever sit through the lists of theism vs atheism debate clips on Youtube? They're sponsored by universities, think tanks, and all other institutions that find value in hosting them as pay-per-view intellectual deathcage matches. Beliefs have nothing to do with that sport. It's about what you can present that the opponent can't successful respond to without coming across like a snakeoil salesman or an outmaneuvered hick.

If you didn't already know what this is about, then you're obviously in the wrong thread, dear.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
If you had a fully developed and readily deliverable premise t...what is that value, as translated into liquid currency?

en.wikipedia.org... Rougly 50% of the US is adults who actively practice their religion which is about 150 million people. Let us say that only 30% of that bunch is actually NOT on the fence, and completely into Theism (that there is a supreme being to consider in their daily activities). That's about 50 million people. So you say, 5 bucks per person, you get 250 million dollars out of it. Good luck.

I never quite understood why the atheist gang feels it's so important to shove their un-fairy-tale down everyone's throats. You don't want to believe, don't believe - let the others carry about with their business. Do you think that those who wage wars in the name of religion believe in this supreme being (whose message is invariably 'love one love all' regardless of the religion itself?). They don't - they are the ultimate atheists, who USE people's belief in God to get them to do what they need done right there & then. That's all it is.

So if you strip away the illusion (or is it!!) of God's presence in the universe from people's hearts, these greedy control-freaks will find some other way to get the masses to do their bidding. NOTHING will change in the end.

The ONLY thing which can change our situation is when people start realizing that GOD is in ALL OF US and EVERYTHING - that we are all connected and bound by a universal force that flows through each and every thing in existence, humans, dogs, cats, trees, birds, flowers, rocks, rivers, grassy meadows, jungles etc. Then they will think twice before hurting another being, stealing or taking more than they need, subjugating them etc.

Thank you for reading

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

What about the priests (PRIESTS!!) who "molested" (and that is a very, very tame and downplaying word for that) little children? Didn't they read their own job's manual?

Whom could anyone trust to really live their life according to the bibles words and ideas?

As long as there is this huge discrepancy between "drinking wine and preaching water", there is no superiority of religion over atheism.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica
I never quite understood why the atheist gang feels it's so important to shove their un-fairy-tale down everyone's throats. You don't want to believe, don't believe - let the others carry about with their business.

I think it's more about the fact that - at least in the US - public atheists are widely discriminated against by theists and religionists when it comes to jobs, business opportunities, and definitely in politics, where Christian affiliation is the difference between being able to hold office and not, from the local to the national level in most regions of the country. This is the most theistic society on Earth, with entire markets entirely based on legally excluding nonbelievers from commercial participation. In some parts of the country, non-Christian businesses are legally discriminated against, with belief in God (and Jesus as his son) as the lone criteria that determines whether your business will survive or fail.

Some folks get incensed over stuff like that. In the US, only theism is approved by the government as a criteria for use when determining special treatment in business (like taxation, and now, even employee healthcare options). I don't think that most Americans care much about it, since most Americans are believers in some sort of God or other, or have simply decided that it's best to keep their disbelief to themselves. There are those nonbelievers who are just as adamant about their rights as those folks who refused to sit at the back of the bus in the 50s. In the US, atheism is the last socially approved stigma, and some people would like to change that as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Osho.

Double post.
edit on 26-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Osho.

It will be killed at inception.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Osho.

It will be killed at inception.

What will be killed? The idea?

You do realize that "inception" means "at the very beginning", and that if this premise already exists, and is fully vetted and fleshed out and ready for sharing, that it didn't get killed at inception?

Right?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

WEll as a business idea you would be preaching to the choir right? Nothing new under the sun today.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

WEll as a business idea you would be preaching to the choir right? Nothing new under the sun today.

No....I'd be teaching them how to rip the scab off the festering wound that is the psychological-intellectual schism between what humanity knows and what humans force themselves to continue to believe. It requires teaching. Not preaching.

Preaching is about selling to people. Teaching is about preparing people to be successful.

And yes, there is something very new under today's sun.
edit on 3/26/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It would have to be something really simple...and new.

Commonsense has never worked and that is simple...

...and doesn't require any convoluted or complicated explanation.

I believe you believe you have it all worked out...maybe you do

But I honestly doubt it.

I think you should re-work and re-word your premise...

Find a different way to express and explain it.

Being verbose and articulate is sometimes not enough.

A little like your songs...!

Content...idea and lyrics great...delivery not so good!

I think you have something and I respect that.

Write a book...in a different style...in a different genre!

Reading your stuff is a bit like reading Krishnamurti!

I believe you would be successful as an author if you can utilize your intelligence...

And find a different approach.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Atheists, I suppose one has two kinds of atheists. The ones who deny God in their hearts, and then you have the same.

When God is denied in the heart, it is the final of all denials of God. So there is no convincing this person anymore.

If an ahteist is one who denies God in his heart, they themselves are in denial, and this of God. They are proof of the existence of God themselves. They're just funny people.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I'm going to suggest that what I wrote 3 years ago has been dramatically recrafted, and that it contains a completely new slant that directly links everything being presented to very well established physics anchors. Believe me, this isn't the vetting shell that the other effort was.

I've decided to focus on the Atheistic market, since they're the ones who stand to immediately benefit from this. The focus of the vetting shell was pretty vague, as it needed to be, due to what its purpose was. I needed a broad mix of inputs and opinions from many varying perspectives.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Atheists, I suppose one has two kinds of atheists. The ones who deny God in their hearts, and then you have the same.

When God is denied in the heart, it is the final of all denials of God. So there is no convincing this person anymore.

If an ahteist is one who denies God in his heart, they themselves are in denial, and this of God. They are proof of the existence of God themselves. They're just funny people.

This isn't to convince Atheists of the existence of God. There isn't any God. This is heavy heavy artillery that they can use in their media (print, video, audio) defense against the cultural demands that they believe in a god. This is neutron bomb level stuff.

new topics

top topics

join