It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italys Overturns Amanda Knox Murder Aquittal, Orders New Trial

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I did not say she was guilty. I was simply pointing out that a lot of peeps here may well be defending a murdered. Regardless of nationality a murderer is a murderer and if the Italian courts deem that a retrial is needed then a retrial should take place. Someone died here under horrific circumstances and if guilty she should pay the piper.

Someone died under horrific instances, and we will NEVER know who murdered her since, IMO, AK and everyone else at that day was stoned/drugged - AK probably wouldn't even KNOW whether she killed (or helped killing) Meredith.

Also..it is clear that she will never return to Italy, so the entire new trial is just another pointless farce and waste of taxpayers money.

Stupid AK will go on Oprah and release her book, making millions, 50% chance she had a role in the murder and 50% she didn't, we will NEVER know, and Meredith is STILL dead and her family will not see a penny from the Millions stupid Amanda will make. That's the sad truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Baloney!

There is no evidence that Amanda Knox participated in the murder.

What is clear is that the prosecutor abused his position leading to an innocent person being convicted.

The prosecutor should be tried for prosecutorial misconduct. If Italy doesn't want to bring that case to court, it should be done here in the US and the prosecutor extradited here to the US. That would be justice for sending an innocent person to jail.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

although i agree the stories and facts do not add up in this case, i have to point out that, the drugs that she was taking as far as i know were not strong enough for her not to remember or not know what she was doing. the fact that she is not willing to go back and fight the case is rather unnerving as well. if in fact innocent it should be an open and shut case and she has enough supporters that i feel they would willingly pay for her defense a la george zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Flavian
I am glad there is to be a retrial. Hopefully, this time they get to the bottom of it.

Guede did it.
A conviction has already happened in this case .. and it's not Knox.
Amanda Knox was mistreated by the Italian police and Italian courts.
She wasn't given an interpreter .. food ... water .... medical care ...
She was railroaded by the tabloids.

More than one person can be found guilty of the same murder you know? duh!

railroaded by the tabloids? into what?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Being imprisoned for 4 years for a crime she didn't commit.

You don't see that as a horrible crime?

I'll bet if you had to spend 4 years in prison you would think differently. The prosecutor should have a taste of his own medicine if he is found guilty.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by ted4d

Being imprisoned for 4 years for a crime she didn't commit.

How do you KNOW that?

I don't know whether she did it, the court (obviously) doesn't know it either, you don't know it and likelihood is that not even she herself *knows* what was going on that night.

The rest is just emotional idiocy where one side is "supporting" her like they know something no one else knows and the other side which is "convinced" she did it. NEITHER side is correct. There is evidence speaking against her, BUT to find someone guilty there must be no doubt about someone's guilt - and that we don't have either and will likely never get.

The amount of books and movies does NOT bring out the truth, each has SOME bias where someone is either already convinced "she didn't do it" or otherwise. If the facts were so clear as some people ASSUME, we wouldn't have that entire charade for years.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually she was sentenced to 3 years for a crime she did commit ....she was convicted of slander of Patrice Lumumba, she was also ordered to pay his costs, he is also privately suing her because she ruined his life!

link

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

The evidence that convicted Rudy Guede was just as tainted as that that led to Knox and Sollecito being freed. The investigation was badly handled from the start. Guede could be guilty or innocent, same as the others. As the trial was flawed from the start, we do not know.

Rudy Guede's DNA was found in Kercher's blood in numerous locations inside the crime scene. Amanda's wasn't found anywhere in the bedroom crime scene.

Rudy Guede's DNA was found inside Merideth Kercher's vagina which means he ejaculated whilst engaging in sex with Kercher. So, Kercher was either raped or had engaged in sex with Guede willingly. (a slut it seems is what the uk rags called Amanda)

Rudy Guede's DNA was found on the toilet paper in the bathroom and the poop he left un-flushed in the toilet.

Dead is dead and nothing is going to bring back Merideth Kercher. The Kercher's have the overwhelmingly obvious killer locked up and they want more satisfaction by the further torture of another innocent woman? The Kercher's will never fully heal - time will lesson their pain, but they need to learn to deal with it on their own.

Amanda is nothing but a naive innocent young woman who's only guilt was trusting the Italian police who tortured and coerced her into the nonsensical stories that all the UK rags base their evidence on.

edit on 3/28/13 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

False accusations?...equates to lying

Is a liar's testimony trustworthy?

Looks like she was casting around to muddy the waters?? For what reason??

Maybe to deflect away from her involvement?

A tangled web of deceit to be un woven....

She's had a lot of time to hone her creative writing skills!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
the fact that she is not willing to go back and fight the case is rather unnerving as well.

Dude .... she was horribly mistreated and she was railroaded by a corrupt prosecutor in a court system that even the Italians dont' want any part of. She had a massively bad experience. If it were me .. there is NO WAY I'd go anywhere's near Italy. Innocent or guilty .. not a chance I'd go near that country's sick joke of a court system.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

There wasn't any evidence pointing to Amanda Knox, you know? Duh!

Read the thread before you post. The information was already given.
The corrupt prosecutor had a 'trial by press'. He released fake information
to the press and not only corrupted the unsequestered jury pool but
had the entire population thinking that 'Foxy Knoxy' was a freak.
He was on a quest to get a big name conviction because he scewed up
his other cases and was up on corruption charges. (and he got convicted)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No one orders a retrial unless the last one wasn't convincing.

All those defending Knox should wait and see what this new trial uncovers, you could all be defending a murderer just becasue she is American.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ted4d

There wasn't any evidence pointing to Amanda Knox, you know? Duh!

Maybe there is now, hence the need for a retrial.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I thought Italy was a civilized country. Why are they going to try the same person for the same crime they were already acquitted from? And like you say, apparently there was not enough evidence to convict her, but there was enough evidence to convict someone else. Now to come out and want to try her again is just ridiculous, especially since someone else has already been convicted. There has to be something going on behind the scenes, such as pressure from somewhere, unless some extremely damning, new evidence was found, which I highly, highly doubt. All she has to do is avoid that country for the rest of her life. I would not want to go to a country with a justice system that is even worse than that of the US, especially if you do nothing wrong and find yourself in jail.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I thought Italy was a civilized country. Why are they going to try the same person for the same crime they were already acquitted from? And like you say, apparently there was not enough evidence to convict her, but there was enough evidence to convict someone else. Now to come out and want to try her again is just ridiculous, especially since someone else has already been convicted. There has to be something going on behind the scenes, such as pressure from somewhere, unless some extremely damning, new evidence was found, which I highly, highly doubt. All she has to do is avoid that country for the rest of her life. I would not want to go to a country with a justice system that is even worse than that of the US, especially if you do nothing wrong and find yourself in jail.
Why do you think it is highly unlikley that they have not found any new evidence? Why would they even bother with a retrial if that was the case?

Also, i doubt very much that Italy has a worse justice system than America, your country has private prisions that get paid for keeping their prisons full.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Convicted for a statement she made during a 14 hour brutal interrogation.

More evidence of the recklessness and brutality of the prosecutor.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Emotional idiocy seems to be the only thing the people who support further prosecution of Knox want.

Those who point out what is wrong with this whole action by the Italian police and the out of control prosecutor have presented the facts of the case over and over again, in which there is no evidence against Knox except statements during a brutal 14 hour interrogation by the police.

We should prosecute the prosecutor here in the US and demand his extradition.

And his cop buddies.

edit on 28-3-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I just wonder If the girl who had been murdered was American the same people would be sticking up for the accused.
Let the courts decide, they will not press the conviction unless they think she did it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
Why do you think it is highly unlikley that they have not found any new evidence? Why would they even bother with a retrial if that was the case?

Really? The pressure put on the prosecutors office by the family of the murder victim .. the pressure put on the prosecutors office by the corrupt (former) prosecutor who inflamed anti-Amanda-Knox sentiment across Europe with his outlandish theories and gutter-type inuendos?? You don't see why?

i doubt very much that Italy has a worse justice system than America, .

You need to go back and read the thread.
I posted plenty of data showing how bad the 'justice system' in Italy is.
Only 16% of Italians trust their own justice system. That's really bad!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Actually, no (in short!).

If she is found guilty in Italy then an International Arrest warrant will be issued - meaning if she ever strays out of the US again she could be arrested where she lands and sent straight to Italy.

What i want to know is why people think that if the evidence was tainted, why does that not also apply to Rudy Guede? It was the same Police Investigators, etc. If it was wrong for Knox then that also applies to Guede and Sollecito - any other position is pure hypocrisy and actually rather embarrassing.

And she wasn't actually acquitted as such - she was freed due to errors in the investigation and subsequent trial by the Appeals Court.

And that is why a retrial is essential - to get to the truth for both the victim and for her family. Strawman arguments about lack of new evidence, etc, are just total rubbish. All that needs to happen is the evidence needs to be looked at properly and both sides given a fair chance to put their case forward. The fact that Italian Justice has been so lambasted over the last few years due to this case means they will not be overlooking anything at a retrial - all evidence will be looked at properly and assessed as such. And then we will know (or not) - the same as every trial should be.

Guede certainly looks guilty as hell (when viewing what evidence their is) but Knox and Sollecito definitely have answers to give - particularly in trying to frame the bar owner. The retrial would not necessarily go against them - in fact it could actually work in their favour.

However, what has happened from start to finish means that justice has most definitely not been served here. Yet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join