It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italys Overturns Amanda Knox Murder Aquittal, Orders New Trial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There's been a lot said on the thread about Amanda Knox not having a translator....

In 2005 she studied at the University of Washington and in 2007 she went to on to

continue her studies in Italy, at the University for foreigners in Perugia.

She studied
Italian, German, and 'creative' writing

So she would not have needed a translator......Hmmm
and 'creative writing??'

must have stood in in good stead for an alibi??

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Obviously you are Italian then..no need to yawn..just tell me you are Italian (or related in some way..I don't know who you are, why would I?) And as such I apologise for assuming you were blindly following the American mantra of "Amanda is a poor soul being targeted by a corrupt Italian system, just because she is American"

All judicial systems can be corrupted, but in this particular case, I don't think that is so, Knox and Sollecito still have a lot of questions to answer and they should be made to do so, and there is a great amount of forensic evidence that does point to both Knox's and Sollectito's involvement in this crime, no matter what you think of the judicial system, and that is a fact

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
She studied
Italian, German, and 'creative' writing

Her Italian wasn't good enough for her to be able to speak it at her trial.
It was four years later .. when she was aquitted .. that she could
speak well enough to make public statements in Italian.

Italian is a foreign language for her. I'm sure that no student learning
a foreign language will be able to navigate a foreign judicial system or
understand everything happening in the court system. She needed a
good interpreter. It was withheld from her.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i have to admit the entire story does sound fishy and i would not be opposed to a more thorough investigation and trial. i just want to point out 2 things.

1. she wasn't doing cartwheels she was doing yoga and by all accounts she would do yoga in the strangest of scenarios.
2. why didnt rudy guedde implicate amanda or her boyfriend and take the fall all by himself?

First I've heard of yoga, but still strange under the circumstances

Yes, Guede did implicate Amanda, he says they were arguing over money Link

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
All judicial systems can be corrupted, but in this particular case, I don't think that is so,

The FACT that the prosecutor was CONVICTED of corruption means nothing?
The FACTS as I showed in the links about the Italian Justice System being corrupt mean nothing?
The FACT that only 16% of Italians trust their Justice System means nothing?
Yeah .. okay. (sarcasm)

there is a great amount of forensic evidence that does point to both Knox's and Sollectito's involvement in this crime

No there isn't.
ABC News - Giuliano Migini Seeking Revenge/Redemption

Experts also found that the kitchen knife said to be the murder weapon contained such a small sample of Knox's DNA that it should never have been introduced into evidence. As for Kercher's DNA that was supposedly found on the knife, testing revealed it was not actually human DNA but a speck of flour and starch that likely came from rye bread.

and that is a fact

No .. it's not.

edit on 3/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
First I've heard of yoga, but still strange under the circumstances

No. It makes perfect sense. She was in a stressful situation. Yoga is used by people for calming. Just like a Catholic uses the rosary for calming. IF it was yoga .. and she's a practicer of yoga .. then it makes perfect sense for her to turn to her yoga for calming.

ETA .. a quick google of Amanda Knox and yoga reveals that she indeed is into Yoga and did yoga throughout her prison time. She's been doing it for years and years ...
edit on 3/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yea that is the nut job prosecutor I'm referring to.. He has some serious issues and has not business prosecuting cases..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just read on a news article comments section that a second appeal is common in Italy. There is a whole procedure regarding this process, it is very interesting and takes time to understand. I wonder where this originates from and is it the same in other countries in Europe?
edit on 26-3-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I suspect her Italian at the time was not much of an issue.

She was trapped in a perfect storm of other issues, but not because of her imperfect understanding of the language.

Incidentally, as you can see four years later, it becomes quite good.

edit on 26-3-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude.

But I am frustrated with some of the assertions you've made about the process, the investigation and her trial.

The fact is it was a mess, poorly executed from beginning to end.

I don't see how justice could ever be had in such a circumstance. If anger is justified, it should be directed against a system that let all sides down.

In fact, that is even Knox's point.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

his story sounds fishy too, why didn't he report the crime and instead flee to germany? did they prove that she meridith had been raped and was his dna found inside of her? all the stories sound fishy, a proper investigation and court trial is necessary imo.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

his story sounds fishy too, why didn't he report the crime and instead flee to germany? did they prove that she meridith had been raped and was his dna found inside of her? all the stories sound fishy, a proper investigation and court trial is necessary imo.

Agree, and that is why there must be a re-trial..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Apology accepted and thank you for pointing out that Amanda's Italian was far from basic...

However there are just too many unanswered questions and I believe that both Knox and Sollecito can assist in this process and I am glad there is to be a re-trial, hopefully those questions will be answered and justice for Meredith will be served

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Related legal proceedings

The jury upheld Knox's conviction for falsely implicating bar owner Patrick Lumumba

the man originally accused by Knox of murdering Meredith Kercher.

For this Knox was sentenced to three years in prison, which she had already served

and she was ordered to pay Lumumba 10,000 euros in restitution. 40,000 euros as

compensation for Lumumba's legal expenses he incurred to be represented at his trial

and his court costs of 22,000 euros

"Creative Writing??" will come in handy!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a proper investigation?
a re-trial?

In italy?

I'm going to shoot my dog. Next time I buy chickens, I'm going to buy a fox! Yep!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
a re-trial?

Absent new evidence, I see little point in it.

The forensics are all hosed up and frankly, if you really want to make this relevant to ATS, seems like another distraction intended to keep Italians away from focusing on much larger issues at home.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by union_jack
I did'nt think they could do that, once they'd been found not guilty...

In America there is no double jeopardy. Apparently, in Italy, they can do whatever they want depending on the emotions of the ruling mob.

No, it exactly the same in US courts.

I would advise you to read this website.

It seems there is a lot of evidence that Knox did indeed have something to do with Kercher. I wouldn't trust all the MSM sources in the US, which, based on what you've been saying here, is the only place you're getting your evidence. I know the talking heads are claiming Italy is a mockery, but I think there is something to an appeal here. After all, wasn't it an appeal that got Knox released in the first place?

I agree with the poster who believes this case should be settled, no loose ends, regardless of what the courts decide. The Italian Supreme Court has not ruled, and so no one has truly been proven innocent or guilty. This is why appeals processes exist.

Anyway, hope you take the time to read it. Wouldn't you feel like crap if it was proven beyond a doubt that Knox did indeed have a sinister role in Kercher's murder and you just wanted to let her off the hook?

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by union_jack
I did'nt think they could do that, once they'd been found not guilty...

In America there is no double jeopardy. Apparently, in Italy, they can do whatever they want depending on the emotions of the ruling mob.

No, it exactly the same in US courts.

Flyers Fan is correct. Once acquitted a person cannot be re-tried.

The link below goes into details.

Double_jeopardy

Interestingly enough Great Britain has basically abolished double jeopardy after it has been in effect for 800 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

It seems there is a lot of evidence that Knox did indeed have something to do with Kercher.

Funny how reasonable minds can differ. I see nothing impressive or compelling on that website. Moreover, even reading the The Massei Sentencing Report, I'm struck again by how flimsy it all seems.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Wouldn't you feel like crap if it was proven beyond a doubt that Knox did indeed have a sinister role in Kercher's murder and you just wanted to let her off the hook?

USA! USA! USA!

I'm more disturbed by the notion that an innocent person would be punished for a crime they didn't commit to provide false comfort to the victim's family and friends and political and career credentials to bureaucrats who aren't really otherwise motivated to find the truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You know I don't want to spew random conspiracies but I think there is a chance this is face saving for what just transpired between India and Italy.

Two Italian marines returned to India on Friday to face trial in the killing of a pair of Indian fishermen, ending a diplomatic rift that had soured ties between the two countries. Italy had earlier said it would not send the marines back as promised, insisting the South Asian nation had no standing to try the men. But Italy reversed its position Thursday and sent them back to meet a Friday deadline for their return.

www.usatoday.com...

Plus the Italian foreign minister just quit. This stuff is front page news in Italy for months.

Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi has resigned in protest of his government's decision to send two Italian marines, accused of killing two Indian fishermen, to Delhi for trial.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Italian government is under a lot of pressure at home. A new news front could help take the pressure off. Smells like a classic misdirection, PR move.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join