The people who think they tune in to dead voices

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Headline of a BBC programe I heard yesterday whilst out driving and gave me cause to consider.

It seems that studies, where people heard repetitive random sounds, came to hear words and once a person had said what the words were, everyone else heard the same words, although there was in fact no words included in the sound.

Particularly interesting was the two examples they provided, I heard nothing at first, but when a word was suggested, I heard it plainly.

This is a bit like an audio version of the famous Rorschach ink blot test and does throw some doubt on the authentication of what some may hear.

"Advocates of Electronic Voice Projection (EVP) claim they can use radio equipment to communicate with the dead. But are they just hearing what they want to hear?" The start of the BBC article.

No idea who can listen to this programe but the listen again link is. www.bbc.co.uk...




posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot
 


That goes along with studies done on songs being played backward after a preacher said that those songs were about the devil.Had 3 control groups,1.weren't told anything about the song and didn't even know the artists,2.second group were told that the song being played backward was saying something,but they had to figure out what was being said,3. group was told that the song being played backward was talking about satan.

All 3 groups were listening to the same song,and yet only the group that were told that the song was talking about satan could pick up on it.The power of suggestion.And this is what all the nonsense about satanic music from the '80s on was based on.
But I have heard some EVPs that were quite clear and easy to make out what was being said.But the vast majority of them,its really anyone's guess.Sometimes it doesn't even sound like words to me.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae
 


Makes you wonder what other things we are being told to see/hear?

?



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ok, there are songs with messages heard if played backward. This is a fact. But it's not music only. You can find plenty examples at the reverse speech website.

reply to post by dowot
 


I can see why people are skeptical but all the 'research' you read in the world doesn't matter unless you do it yourself or it happens to you without even trying. I cannot say it's from the dead because I don't know.

But e.v.p is very real. I don't mean the obvious fakes you see on Youtube. Ones where noise reduction has been used so much you can't make out what it is. These fraudsters give a bad name to real researchers like myself.

What I'm going to tell you, I don't expect you to believe but I have better things to do than lie.
This is my experience.
Until a few years ago, I never believed in the e.v.p. Then I began receiving short, clear voices on my voice recorder that was built into my mp3 player. The voice recorder can be accessed only by going through the menu then selecting to turn on voice record.

The first communication I received was the word Andrew spoken by an older man. My name is not Andrew, neither anyone in my family. After that happened, I began researching e.v.p & tried my own experiments. But every time I tried I was never successful. This voice was loud & clear.

Since that time I have recorded unknown voices on the voice recorder from my shortwave radio while I was asleep. Voice that was clearly not radio bleed through, very brief and having a lifeless sound.
I have also recorded one to my pc while using my webcam to record my bedroom. A loud sound comes on, then a child like voice, then immediately a deeper voice. Both sounding robot like.

I was in my woods checking out an old stone circle, thinking aloud I said I wonder who built this. When I played back my recording and an older man's voice came on saying " It's me, and I believe he said his name. Then the voice faded off as if this presence was going away.

There is a recording of me washing dishes, after thinking aloud as I often do, I say " put some soap in here", a male voice says " don't you touch that".

My e.v.p recordings are very few & do not happen often. Months can go by before I hear any thing and I never try contacting any thing because I'm a Christian. But I do receive these, I don't know why and yes it can be spooky some times.

Saving the "best" for last. My last two I received until my recorder broke & so I have to get another one.

On April 6, 2011, my wolf mix dog that I had for 18 years was put to sleep & buried behind my home after dying of heart worms. A couple months after I dreamed he was alive, healthy. I hugged him, he licked me, then as I was walking back to my home, I looked back and he was gone.

Soon after this dream I received a recording with what I think was him. I had forgot my recorder was on and left it in my drawer. My t.v sat on top the drawer. When I played the recording, I hear the t.v but the sound begins getting drowned out by a wooshing sound like waves. I begin hearing a faint barking, bird sounds, then a sudden loud, high pitch tone and harp sounds.

The last one surprised me the most and happened in the middle of last year.

I was home alone practicing guitar. After I was finished, I made a comment on my playing, told my dog I would check the mail. Upon playing back the recording, after I made the comment about my playing, voices start coming in like 2 or more are talking to each other. Then after I say I will check the mail, an older female voice repeats my exact words! She said "check the mail, Mm hmm".
This was loud & clear as if a person was in the same room. Then as I'm unlocking my door to go out, I hear a voice say " glory, glory". This voice sounds exactly as my voice. I then heard my voice as I was going out side. Out of all I have experienced in the e.v.p, it was this recording of the lady & one that sounds like me that alarmed me the most.

All my e.v.p have been in my home except the 1 in the woods. My home was built in 1948. My father moved here when he was 7 years old. I can't say it's some how the voice of people that may of lived here before. Maybe even before this home was built since there were homes in the area in the 30's and early 1900's. I can't say what they are. But I can say it's real!
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
reply to post by Dimithae
 


Makes you wonder what other things we are being told to see/hear?

?


Well, not really. Unless it's definitive, that is why we use what we have something called common sense.

If your daily grind is a constant bombardment of static and noise and you cannot make heads nor tails out of what is going on around you, then you will need to be told what you see/hear.

Most people however, can filter out the noise and redundant information presented to our senses quite well. If we did not have this ability, we would suffer dyslexia type confusion from the information we receive, constantly.

We'd be constantly trying to make sense of nonsense. And that is why our brains developed the ability to recognise patterns in chaos.

Not to say subliminal influence does not happen. It's marketing, advertising, neurolinguistic programming, and a plethora of other language hacks and optical tricks that are employed all the time.

But voices in digital recordings and ink blot testing doesn't infer that we're being 'told' anything.
edit on 26-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
Ok, there are songs with messages heard if played backward. This is a fact. But it's not music only. You can find plenty examples at the reverse speech website.

reply to post by dowot
 


I can see why people are skeptical but all the 'research' you read in the world doesn't matter unless you do it yourself or it happens to you without even trying. I cannot say it's from the dead because I don't know.

But e.v.p is very real. I don't mean the obvious fakes you see on Youtube. Ones where noise reduction has been used so much you can't make out what it is. These fraudsters give a bad name to real researchers like myself.

What I'm going to tell you, I don't expect you to believe but I have better things to do than lie.
This is my experience.
Until a few years ago, I never believed in the e.v.p. Then I began receiving short, clear voices on my voice recorder that was built into my mp3 player. The voice recorder can be accessed only by going through the menu then selecting to turn on voice record.

The first communication I received was the word Andrew spoken by an older man. My name is not Andrew, neither anyone in my family. After that happened, I began researching e.v.p & tried my own experiments. But every time I tried I was never successful. This voice was loud & clear.

Since that time I have recorded unknown voices on the voice recorder from my shortwave radio while I was asleep. Voice that was clearly not radio bleed through, very brief and having a lifeless sound.
I have also recorded one to my pc while using my webcam to record my bedroom. A loud sound comes on, then a child like voice, then immediately a deeper voice. Both sounding robot like.

I was in my woods checking out an old stone circle, thinking aloud I said I wonder who built this. When I played back my recording and an older man's voice came on saying " It's me, and I believe he said his name. Then the voice faded off as if this presence was going away.

There is a recording of me washing dishes, after thinking aloud as I often do, I say " put some soap in here", a male voice says " don't you touch that".

My e.v.p recordings are very few & do not happen often. Months can go by before I hear any thing and I never try contacting any thing because I'm a Christian. But I do receive these, I don't know why and yes it can be spooky some times.

Saving the "best" for last. My last two I received until my recorder broke & so I have to get another one.

On April 6, 2011, my wolf mix dog that I had for 18 years was put to sleep & buried behind my home after dying of heart worms. A couple months after I dreamed he was alive, healthy. I hugged him, he licked me, then as I was walking back to my home, I looked back and he was gone.

Soon after this dream I received a recording with what I think was him. I had forgot my recorder was on and left it in my drawer. My t.v sat on top the drawer. When I played the recording, I hear the t.v but the sound begins getting drowned out by a wooshing sound like waves. I begin hearing a faint barking, bird sounds, then a sudden loud, high pitch tone and harp sounds.

The last one surprised me the most and happened in the middle of last year.

I was home alone practicing guitar. After I was finished, I made a comment on my playing, told my dog I would check the mail. Upon playing back the recording, after I made the comment about my playing, voices start coming in like 2 or more are talking to each other. Then after I say I will check the mail, an older female voice repeats my exact words! She said "check the mail, Mm hmm".
This was loud & clear as if a person was in the same room. Then as I'm unlocking my door to go out, I hear a voice say " glory, glory". This voice sounds exactly as my voice. I then heard my voice as I was going out side. Out of all I have experienced in the e.v.p, it was this recording of the lady & one that sounds like me that alarmed me the most.

All my e.v.p have been in my home except the 1 in the woods. My home was built in 1948. My father moved here when he was 7 years old. I can't say it's some how the voice of people that may of lived here before. Maybe even before this home was built since there were homes in the area in the 30's and early 1900's. I can't say what they are. But I can say it's real!
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)


This is very interesting, my guess would be parallel dimensions rather than ghosts. Do you have the recordings to share?



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice
 


I do have some but the one of the dog, my very first one and the on of the woman repeating me with what sounds like my voice I no longer have. The first one got lost and the other two spooked me enough that I didn't share it with anyone and deleted it. Then I later regret it and was trying every software to try retrieving it from my hard drive. I did forget to mention another one I had. I recorded one from my phone that said buenas noches. Meaning Goodnight in Spanish. Funny since I'm Scots Irish heritage. I didn't hear it when I was recording. Only after playing it back.

I also thought of maybe some how a recording of the past is heard, bu then there's that one that repeated me. If there are parallel dimensions, then that just brings a lot more questions.
edit on 26-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Headline of a BBC programe I heard yesterday whilst out driving and gave me cause to consider.

It seems that studies, where people heard repetitive random sounds, came to hear words and once a person had said what the words were, everyone else heard the same words, although there was in fact no words included in the sound.

Particularly interesting was the two examples they provided, I heard nothing at first, but when a word was suggested, I heard it plainly.

This is a bit like an audio version of the famous Rorschach ink blot test and does throw some doubt on the authentication of what some may hear.

"Advocates of Electronic Voice Projection (EVP) claim they can use radio equipment to communicate with the dead. But are they just hearing what they want to hear?"


Certainly and unless the EVP is a Class A - The voices are understood by all that listen. The words are actually somewhat loud and clear - and even then, I often pay little attention to them. There is so much more to listen, evidentially speaking, and as a survivalist, I can't get through the "good stuff" MUch less the EVP crap and semi-crap.

Prefer...Direct Radio Voice (DRV): on a one-to-one basis through a functioning radio as in case of Marcello Bacci (who also brought through evidential testimony from the spirit world with all the electronics pulled from his radio.


Bacci



posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i heard movie theatres use to put quick frames of food during the movie so you would get hungry and go to the consessions.





new topics
top topics
 
3

log in

join