It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your health is your key to everything... what do you have without it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I apologize for posting another slightly "self indulgent" thread, But I promise, I have a point.

Since I have no friends or family on ATS (as far as I know), I can say that lately I've been having annoying chest pains and headaches, and I generally don't feel great.

My loved ones and I are stretched for money right now, currently in a zillion different transitions, and I don't have an income right now, or insurance. I can't afford to be having health problems right now.

But, the chest pains are getting a bit harder to hide, because they come at random times... they came at my cousin's birthday party yesterday, but no one noticed, thankfully.

So, I googled the symptoms. Of course, a bunch of heart attack stuff came up.

Then, I read something that actually made some sense.

Essentially, when your arteries become clogged, it takes a toll on your blood flow, and a good deal of the blood that's supposed to pump through the heart doesn't get there... which eventually, of course, leads to a heart attack. The symptoms are chest/abdominal pain, fatigue, and headaches.

Chest pains could mean anything, but I have been eating worse lately... I've even been drinking soda for the past week, even after going a year and a half without it.

I'm not active enough either. I go outside with my cousins and siblings now and then, but I always hold back from doing much, because moving around too much always either provokes a headache or more chest pains.

So, here I go.

With some odd combination of fasting and eating only fruits, veggies, and meat (no dairy, salt, butter, etc), I'm gonna kick my own ass out of this slump.

Your health is your ultimate prepper essential.

Hell, even if you're not doomsday prepping...

You're LIFE prepping.

I posted this in the "survival" place because surviving doesn't totally mean that the apocalypse is being anticipated. How well are you surviving life?

How much attention are you paying to your health?

You don't wanna end up like my ex-stepmother here ^

Come on, we all need a wake up call! Look out for your health!

This is whats becoming normal nowadays ^

Now, let me show you something more inspiring... something that's oddly overlooked by a lot of people.

Josh Peck, one of my favorite people, went from this;

To this;

And that wasn't surgery! Am I the only one inspired by this?

Come on guys, its never too late, and you're never too damaged.

Its hard enough, attempting to do this alone with no budget and no support... some of you better give me hope in knowing that there's at least some random people online, around the world, who care about their health.

Come ON!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You can be over weight and fit, or you can be skinny as a rake and unhealthy.

It doesn't really mean a lot.

If someone goes from obese to fantastic and looking smooth, it is all for nothing if they've done it for any reason other than themselves. If they've done it for the cheers and applauses of others, as soon as it stops, old habits return.

If people are too unconcerned for their health that all they do is eat maccas and hjs, having a fit bod won't make them any more attractive, in my opinion.

If someone has balance, then what fills the scales is what comes from balance. Instead of fear, regret, despair leading to impractical eating habits and cosmetic appearances.

That kid just looks like a normal kid to me.. both images. I hope the latter one is because he's finding a more balanced life rather than because he rekons now he's gonna score loads of sheilas..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Fasting is not being healthy, and not good for your body.
You need to eat man, just don't eat crap.

If you eat crap, you will be crap. If you do nothing, you will be nothing.

As winofiend said, find balance.
I smoke and drink a lot. So I exercise and eat healthy. It balances out.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

... I can say that lately I've been having annoying chest pains and headaches, and I generally don't feel great.

But, the chest pains are getting a bit harder to hide, because they come at random times...

... but I always hold back from doing much, because moving around too much always either provokes a headache or more chest pains.

Step 1 - Seek professional medical advice in the first instance.

There is no step 2 until the pathology of these symptoms have been determined... the rest is arbitrary for now.

Whether these symptoms are physiological, psychological or a combination of both... for the sake of your well being, they need attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hmm, I've been having similar symptoms lately as well. I know it's all related to the heart. I got off fast food and sodas a lonnnng time ago though. Unfortunately I was raised on the stuff as a kid. Now I only have a soda or a fast food maybe once or twice a month...and I usually regret that I did because it tastes like you know what.

I'm not as active as I used to be either. That's a major problem. I have a bit of a medical history that I won't get into here, but it's really cutting into my activity levels. I didn't notice the chest pains until my activity level dropped off the charts.

Eat well and exercise regularly. And just stay away from fast foods and sodas. If you want a hamburger that tastes better and is easier on the wallet..make it at home! (It's outrageous how much those puny fast food burgers cost!)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
yea I would like to point out if you care about your family you would tell them. keeping it secret isn't going to help. seek proper medical attention, as in go to the er. who cares if you can't pay you got perfect credit or something? man america is a crap country where we can pass universal healthcare, and never even one person gets assistance. what kind of politicians do you think you are, scum of the earth if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

But, the chest pains are getting a bit harder to hide, because they come at random times... they came at my cousin's birthday party yesterday, but no one noticed, thankfully.

Could be as simple as heartburn...first time I had it, I was convinced I was having heart issues...

Have you checked to see if there are any state benefits that may cover some medical?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just some friendly advice

I think you need to check your pulse when your chest pain occurs. Use your index finger and middle finger and place them to the inside of your wrist under the bend on the thumb side. Find it and count how many beats while looking at a clock or watch with a second hand for one full minute. Feel if the rhythm is normal......if it goes fast, then slow , or fast fast skip slow slow slow for example, you may be having Dysrhythmia. Normal heart rate is between 60-100. If it is not in that range, then you could have a cardiac problem. Check your blood pressure if you can.

I know the fear of being a prepper and having a health problem. It is scary. Always know that you can show up to an emergency room and tell them you have chest pains and there is one simple blood test to show if you have had or in the process of having a heart attack. Also they can check your cardiac rhythm and see if there is a problem. They may keep you in observation for a little while if everything appears normal. If not then they will send you in to have a cardiac catheterization, which will show them if you have a clogged artery. If so they may want to place a stent in the artery. If you go in through the ER, you do not have to pay out of pocket, but will get a bill. Even if you pay $1 a month, at least you can be seen and taken care of. A hospital ER cannot kick you out if you do not have the ability to pay.

Just some food for thought. And if they determine it is just heartburn, you can safely go home knowing that everything is alright with your heart.

Blessings

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To everyone;

You can be over weight and fit, or you can be skinny as a rake and unhealthy.

Yeah, I know that... but looking at the past of my genetics, I kinda fear what I might turn into if I don't start living more healthily now.

That kid just looks like a normal kid to me.. both images. I hope the latter one is because he's finding a more balanced life rather than because he rekons now he's gonna score loads of sheilas..

The reason Josh Peck in particular inspires me isn't simply because he lost the weight, its also because he's got a generally good personality, and he stated that he wanted to lose the weight because he understands he's a role model for younger people in America, and he wants to give them a positive image. I thought that was pretty cool of him. Not enough people consider how things affect children, in ANY way.

Fasting is not being healthy, and not good for your body.

Actually, if you dig into it, there really isn't any harm done to your body. In fact, it works as sort of a natural detox. It'll only have negative outcomes if you fast for too long, then you'll get intestine damage or something.

You need to eat man, just don't eat crap.

Yeah, I agree... and I'm a girl.

Step 1 - Seek professional medical advice in the first instance.

I don't think the problem is bad enough for me to be in serious trouble... its not like its torturous pain or anything. Just an ache now and then.

Still, I'd like to get medical advice, I'm just really not in a situation where I can be picky. The only reason I have internet access is because I'm staying with my mamaw's family as of now, not because I have any money... Haha.

Hmm, I've been having similar symptoms lately as well. I know it's all related to the heart. I got off fast food and sodas a lonnnng time ago though. Unfortunately I was raised on the stuff as a kid. Now I only have a soda or a fast food maybe once or twice a month...and I usually regret that I did because it tastes like you know what.

Sounds like me

yea I would like to point out if you care about your family you would tell them. keeping it secret isn't going to help. seek proper medical attention, as in go to the er. who cares if you can't pay you got perfect credit or something? man america is a crap country where we can pass universal healthcare, and never even one person gets assistance. what kind of politicians do you think you are, scum of the earth if you ask me.

Compared to the illnesses that some of them deal with, whatever's wrong with me is nothing. Seeing and feeling the stress they're all under on a constant basis makes it really hard to tell them anything that would add to it.

Could be as simple as heartburn...first time I had it, I was convinced I was having heart issues...

Have you checked to see if there are any state benefits that may cover some medical?

Nope, but I should look into it.

I think you need to check your pulse when your chest pain occurs. Use your index finger and middle finger and place them to the inside of your wrist under the bend on the thumb side. Find it and count how many beats while looking at a clock or watch with a second hand for one full minute. Feel if the rhythm is normal......if it goes fast, then slow , or fast fast skip slow slow slow for example, you may be having Dysrhythmia. Normal heart rate is between 60-100. If it is not in that range, then you could have a cardiac problem. Check your blood pressure if you can.

Scary stuff...

I know the fear of being a prepper and having a health problem. It is scary. Always know that you can show up to an emergency room and tell them you have chest pains and there is one simple blood test to show if you have had or in the process of having a heart attack. Also they can check your cardiac rhythm and see if there is a problem. They may keep you in observation for a little while if everything appears normal. If not then they will send you in to have a cardiac catheterization, which will show them if you have a clogged artery. If so they may want to place a stent in the artery. If you go in through the ER, you do not have to pay out of pocket, but will get a bill. Even if you pay $1 a month, at least you can be seen and taken care of. A hospital ER cannot kick you out if you do not have the ability to pay.

Thanks for the info

I guess its not JUST that I don't want my family to think about it... But I really don't wanna think about it either. Scary shyte. The thought that something could be wrong with my heart terrifies me.

edit on 26-3-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You aren't giving me a lot to work with but there are some generic things I can say.

First of all the liver is mostly above the stomach. Many people think liver problems are heart problems and they are related with similar solutions to problems. If you eat a lot of junk food and sugar it is hard on the liver. Sugar turns to acetylaldehyde which needs to be detoxed. If levels get to high the liver will protect itself and stop detoxing the other organs. Processed food and over cooked meats do not contain much NAC, the disulfide bonds are heat liable. NAC helps make gluthiones that are necessary for detoxing and help protect the mitochondria, the energy producing part of the cells in the body.

Try taking a multimineral tablet which contains moderate amounts of Molybdenum and Selenium, both which should not possess more than two times the daily requirement of these minerals. At least 66 percent Copper should be in the pill.....Only one a day even though it says to take two to four.

Either start eating some meats that are medium rare or fresh fish or take a NAC supplement. This can help to restore the gluthione and help to fix the liver and help it detox. Milk thistle also works well to fix the liver and fixing the liver helps it fix other organs I took the milk thistle for a while but I should have only used it for about a week and then skipped two weeks. My liver went a little overboard and got sore. I also had blessed thistle in that pill, and I want to say....guys don't take blessed thistle

Eggs, over easy, have usable NAC in them also. Remember that over a hundred ten degrees or so the NAC falls apart. I am getting good results from the supplement but know that I need to stop taking it for a couple of weeks after a week of taking it. My liver is partially calcified because of some meds I took, it is not dead, calcification occurs sometimes to protect it. I learned to do things slower, having patients and studying everything I have learned.

Brocolli and calliflower have NAC also but the Phytic acid can tie it up so it does not get absorbed. Cooking them can fix a lot of problems but makes the NAC nonexistant. The Isotheocyanates also tie to energy receptors and lower energy use by cells. A little of these are good for you raw, with dip to tie up the oxalates so you don't get kidney or liver stones, but too much is no good.

You could have liver stones also.

I know a lot about this stuff but, like doctors, cannot tell you what to eat because it is genetic spacific. Multimineral pills contain adequate Iodine as does some salt but magnesium is skimpy in these pills. A cheap magnesium supplement can help you process energy also, most people do not get enough magnesium and coffee has some but caffeine makes you burn up a lot more magnesium so it can cause a deficiency.

Talk to a doctor, if it is heart, I have given you some good advise. The heart needs magnesium and NAC. It also needs the base elastin protein which is found in similar muscles high in elastin and in the skin and intestines. Eating a natural casing hot dog can actually be good for you. I know that jello has glucosamine but I have not seen anything on whether the elastin protein is in it. Fat cells have elastins in them, bacon can be good for you

Hope I didn't confuse you. There must be a doctor that will help you out there, some hospitals have programs that help those without insurance. It only covers doctors visits, not testing. There are good doctors out there that desire to help people. Ask at your local hospital. It costs nothing to ask.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Fasting is not a good idea when you are having chest pains. They don't have computers in heaven and I look forward to conversing with you on ATS. Try a small magnesium pill, most heart attacks have one thing in common, a magnesium deficiency in almost eighty five percent of the cases. Maybe it is a coincidence, maybe not.

I take a 66% magnesium supplement about once or twice a week, took one a day for a week to start. My daily multimineral tablet only has 25 percent magnesium and it isn't quite enough. I take a big vitamin/mineral about once a week and on that day I do not take my mineral pill. We don't need these things every day. If we take them every day they can interfere with our ability to take them out of food.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thank you very much for all the info... I didn't know the liver could have anything to do with it.

I'll look into it later... just woke up from a nap with a splitting migraine ......

Sorry I'm not leaving much of a reply... head hurts

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Migraines can be caused by a few things. Sulfites can cause migraines, acetylaldehyde can cause migraines, xanthine can cause migraines. These three headache types can be helped by molybdenum.

Popcorn can cause migraines, Apple cider vinegar (one tablespoon) with a little honey or sugar in a glass of water helps these migraines as does a tablespoon of dill pickle juice.

Too much aged food coupled with natural MAOI inhibitors can cause a headache. Some common spices are MAOI inhibitors. This can sometimes be from high blood pressure caused by the aged food. Any common food or drink with diuretic properties will help to reduce the tyramine levels. another words eat or drink something that makes you pee. A stick of celery works pretty fast, so does coffee. A slice of onion works good too.

Sorry for getting carried away.
edit on 26-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join