It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained ground cracks, tear earth in Arizona and Officials investigate cause behind massive eart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
March 25, 2013 –LUEPP, ARIZONA – It’s not something you see every day on the Navajo Nation, but a crack in the earth has been forming for a long time now and no one seems to have a clear answer. It just sits east of Flagstaff on Luepp Rd and about one mile west of Leupp gas station. It’s gotten so big, that they had to fence it in. According to the U.S. geological survey, they say earthquakes come and go in the northern parts of Arizona, which also covers the reservation, it’s not big enough to rattle down buildings but with the recent collapse of highway 89 near Page, some local residences wonder what mother nature has in mind for the vast reservation. On March 18, we reached out to the Navajo Nation land and geology department, they did not have a particular person to give us an answer, so no one was readily available to explain what that huge gash was in the earth.

Officials investigate cause behind massive earth-split in Brazil
March 26, 2013 – BRAZIL – The cause of massive land collapse in Brazil is being investigated. The prosecutor Douglas Roberto Ribeiro de Magalhaes Chegury is investigating responsibility for environmental disasters in the cities of Santo Domingo and Campos Belos, Goias in the Northeast. Since yesterday (14/3), and surveys are being carried out by the technical-skills expert prosecutors in places, where there were the disasters generated by the collapse of land. This information will educate the public civil inquiries which proceed through the Prosecutor’s Office and Justice of São Domingos Campos Belos to liability for damages. According Chegury in early February, shortly after becoming aware of the environmental disaster in the Serra Geral, which divides the states of Goiás, Tocantins and Bahia, the civil investigation was initiated public. The prosecutor even been to the crash site and collected samples of water and land that could be contaminated with chemicals and pesticides. With the collapse, the flood of mud, stones and earth opened up a crater approximately 7 km, changing in almost 200 meters to the east of the Mosquito River, a major Northeastern Goiás and Tocantins Southeast. The prosecutor also informed that another investigation was initiated in Santo Domingo for determining liability for environmental damage over the Serra Geral, similar to what happened in Upper Landing. On site, there was a landslide that hit the east of the São Vicente, which passes Terra Ronca State Park, the most extensive areas of environmental preservation of Goiás, with approximately 60 000 hectares, endangering fish species endangered and Sao Vicente cave complex.

Source

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow, these are truly bizarre and baffling. The most logical explanation would be subsidence in splits/crevices between rock masses, but even I'm not entirely sure that would fit something like these

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The Earth is expanding!

Expanding Earth

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"THEY HAD TO FENCE IT IN"

i know they realy meant to keep people safe from falling down it,
just thought it was worth a giggle!

maybe this is the begining of what occured along Norway, theres a huge crack miles long over 2 or maybe even 3 countries
im aware the difference in size from the one occuring in Arizona to the one i mentioned
but lets not forget, everything begins somewhere

im sorry i cant provide a link to it, i cant seem to find it anywhere
maybe im wording my searches wrong
if anyone knows what im refering to then please post it.
i remeber first hearing of it on a BBC documentary - How To Grow A Planet

its a series, consisting of 3 episodes
each being 60mins in length.
so either someone can watch them, which i will say is a very worthwhile watch and find out the name of the giant crack, and the time stamp
or i will do it myself later tonight as i have a very important appointment all day today................fishing

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It would appear to me that the Arizona crack is not that new, from what I see in the pic.
If you look on the sides of the crack, you will see lichens growing. They do not spring up overnight, and they don't grow inside of solid rock. That split was made quite a while ago.

The pic from Brazil shows a crack that looks to have been made more recently.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This thread: Dangerous Changes On Earth. New Huge Land Cracks. This time in Spain. Thread 899743 refers! I think!
edit on 26/3/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Can you please explain more on how Earth is "expanding/growing"? The link is a lot to read and since you seem convinced, care to share?

And OP, great thread. The Earth is acting very strange these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It could be the Earth rebounding from the melting of the ice at the poles. All that weight from the ice is allowing the Earth to bounce back so to speak. There isn't as much compression from the sheer volume due to said melting. This is why in the great lakes one shoreline is getting lower while the opposite side is getting deeper ie North/South
edit on 26-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
It could be the Earth rebounding from the melting of the ice at the poles. All that weight from the ice is allowing the Earth to bounce back so to speak. There isn't as much compression from the sheer volume due to said melting. This is why in the great lakes one shoreline is getting lower while the opposite side is getting deeper ie North/South

This seems like a very logical cause, Kimish. Anybody who's had to lug a full ice chest around knows how heavy ice can be.

It will be interesting to see what occurs around the world as more ice melts in the near future.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any precious metals down there, how far down does it go?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Earth Rips Apart In Brazil! “The Earth Is Reeling”

TextWhat in the world has caused this? The Earth has split apart in Brazil, causing a massive gash that appears to be ripping the Earth wide open.

Check out these amazing pictures yourself! The translated description of this 'event' raises more questions than it answers. Please watch the video down below the pictures, even geologists are now warning us. The Earth is reeling with a major 'event' soon; we have been warned!!!

______beforeitsnews/earthquakes/2013/03/earth-rips-apart-in-brazil-the-earth-is-reeling-2453664.html

Sure is scary!
edit on 26-3-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Regarding the video, the cause from the tremors and earth quakes could be caused from the Earth rebounding from compression as I stated in my first post. I don't personally think anything will get worse but I do believe what we are experiencing will remain constant and consistent.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Mine is not a scientific hypothesis, but an intuitive one.

I remember sitting in my classroom in the 2nd grade and looking at a map of the Earth. It's resemblance to puzzle pieces seemed uncanny to me. The continents obviously fit together almost perfectly, and the places that were not perfect were islands and peninsulas and floating bits.

I personally believe it is common sense that the continents were once one solid mass of land that split apart with the expansion of the planet -- but there are many very grand theoretical approaches to the rather obvious fact that the Earth is growing. Case in point:

Expanding Earth

edit on 26-3-2013 by antoinemarionette because: deleted error

edit on 26-3-2013 by antoinemarionette because: grammar

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Earth Rips Apart In Brazil! “The Earth Is Reeling”

TextWhat in the world has caused this? The Earth has split apart in Brazil, causing a massive gash that appears to be ripping the Earth wide open.

Check out these amazing pictures yourself! The translated description of this 'event' raises more questions than it answers. Please watch the video down below the pictures, even geologists are now warning us. The Earth is reeling with a major 'event' soon; we have been warned!!!

______beforeitsnews/earthquakes/2013/03/earth-rips-apart-in-brazil-the-earth-is-reeling-2453664.html

Sure is scary!
edit on 26-3-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Really?...BIN is not the best source for this kind of info, unless you were being sarcastic then i say to you good one!, Also the video in the link is a guy who has no idea what he's talking about....sensationalist poo, however I will agree the earth is changing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

more & more proof of this theory

surfaces each & everyday..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

- Measurements with modern high-precision geodetic techniques show that the Earth is not currently increasing in size to within a measurement accuracy of 0.2 mm per year. The lead author of the study stated "Our study provides an independent confirmation that the solid Earth is not getting larger at present, within current measurement uncertainties". The motions of tectonic plates and subduction zones measured by a large range of geological, geodetic and geophysical techniques supports plate tectonics.

- Mass accretion on a scale required to change the Earth's radius is contradicted by the current accretion rate of the Earth, and by the Earth's average internal temperature: any accretion releases a lot of energy, which would warm the planet's interior.

- Expanding Earth models based on thermal expansion contradict most modern principles from rheology, and fail to provide an acceptable explanation for the proposed melting and phase transitions.

- Paleomagnetic data has been used to calculate that the radius of the Earth 400 million years ago was 102 ± 2.8 percent of today's radius.

- Examinations of data from the Paleozoic and Earth's moment of inertia suggest that there has been no significant change of earth's radius in the last 620 million years.

wikiwikiwah
edit on 26-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
For your consideration:

The Strange Sound Being Heard Around The World Redux: The Menominee Crack Revisited
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/11/2012 @ 10:51 AM

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Might this be important as well when taken with the "Unexplained Sounds Being Heard Around The World" angle?

Unidentified "booms" over Tucson, Arizona USA,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Baddogma
started on 2/27/2013 @ 11:34 PM

edit on 3/26/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i'm just not seeing a connection, interesting reading though, cheers for the link =)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is not rebound from melting glacier, since there are, nor have there been glaciers sitting on this ground. Ice in the Arctic is sitting on the ocean, and does not cause the underlying crust to be displaced. There has not been enough melt in Greenland, the only place in the northern hemisphere where an ice cap is actually sitting on the crust, to result in rebound locally, let alone all the way across the planet.
The ice pack in Antarctica is currently growing btw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join