It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs that make you Cry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This song when I first heard it made me break down sobbing and as a guy who's quite masculine emotionally I rarely cry but this music made me very nearly bawl my eyes out!

I think most Very masculine guys would to, It's like try NOT to cry!

Don't laugh and think I'm a sissy until you have listened to this at least twice in a row!

You will cry, I Did and I consider myself very masculine.

also Tell me what you think of this music? The original is from EELA CRAIG - Hats of Glass - 1978.
edit on 26/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

"Spaceman Came Travelling" was originally from Chris Deburgh.

Try not to cry with this one:

edit on 26-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This song ... The lyrics are good and the video is just powerful!

edit on 26/3/13 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

*snip*

Try not to cry with this one:

Yes that's one that does it too..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
A song and melody that really guts and tears me apart every time i hear it is the one below.... It came out just after i lost my father and i think that many people can put themselves in the same situation :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm one of the lame people who do not know how to embed videos. I know it's probably easy, but I just haven't learned yet (if anyone would be wonderful enough to embed it here for me, I would greatly appreciate you!) www.youtube.com...

The one song that really gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME I LISTEN TO IT is "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon.

My dad was always there for me in the most wonderful way. He passed away in 2004. My first son was born in March of 2010, and my second son was born in December of 2012. This song has a double meaning for me. It reminds me of how my own father must have felt about my siblings and I, and now it reminds me of how I feel about my own sons.

If you're a daddy, and you really listen to the words of "Beautiful Boy", I guarantee it will touch you. As a husband and a father, your number one job is to love your family, and you are constantly in protection mode. This song sums up very well how a father feels. Well, just listen to it and you'll know what I'm talking about!

edit on 26-3-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
I'm sorry, but I'm one of the lame people who do not know how to embed videos. I know it's probably easy, but I just haven't learned yet (if anyone would be wonderful enough to embed it here for me, I would greatly appreciate you!) www.youtube.com...

The one song that really gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME I LISTEN TO IT is "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon.

My dad was always there for me in the most wonderful way. He passed away in 2004. My first son was born in March of 2010, and my second son was born in December of 2012. This song has a double meaning for me. It reminds me of how my own father must have felt about my siblings and I, and now it reminds me of how I feel about my own sons.

If you're a daddy, and you really listen to the words of "Beautiful Boy", I guarantee it will touch you. As a husband and a father, your number one job is to love your family, and you are constantly in protection mode. This song sums up very well how a father feels. Well, just listen to it and you'll know what I'm talking about!

John Lennon...... *sighs*... here you go my dear friend :

Reminds me every single time of my 2 beautiful sons (twins of 15 who are a pain in the arse right now!!!!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This song used to always make me tear up, i'm desensitized to it now i've heard it so many times, but its all about goodbyes and losing the ones you love. It's a good song but depressing as all get out.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you very much, brother! It is a great song. I'm glad to hear it touches you the same way.

And best of luck with your two sons. I'm looking forward to those days, but then again, I'm not looking forward to it
Thank you again.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Nearer My God to Thee - Reportedly the final song played by the quartet on the Titanic

Itzhak Perlman's theme for Schindler's List

Yes It's Genocide by Serj Tankian (Disturbing Images)
YouTube without disturbing images

Amazing Grace performed by The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards

Taps (at a funeral with the 21 gun salute it's like a knife to the heart)

Sorry I get carried away on these youtube video posts

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
As we are also on the John Lennon style of things....

Another three wonderful songs that always bring a sad AND happy tear to my eyes are the following :

Thank you to all of you ladies out there.... you deserve MORE than what you get.

and this one... just imagine if this was possible.... heaven in my own eyes :

This one is for myself and many of us here on ATS : WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT :

And to finish off, the "grande finale" :

WE ARE ALL TOGETHER MY FRIENDS....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 26-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
reply to post by Rodinus

Thank you very much, brother! It is a great song. I'm glad to hear it touches you the same way.

And best of luck with your two sons. I'm looking forward to those days, but then again, I'm not looking forward to it
Thank you again.

Jeramie...

Have fun with your psycological cricket bat...

How many times i smacked my kids around the back of the head (like in a GORE movie!) especially that they are 14 years old...

Love your kids, let them love you in the way that they will learn to love you... and everything should be cool...

Otherwise... they say that a baseball bat with a rusty nail at the end does wonders!?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Got to add this

Chris Isaak - I Wonder -
Not recommended for those who are above .08 BAL - Please, listen responsibly.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Funny, I was thinking of solo Lennon as well. But I was thinking more of his last recording that never got completed called, "Grow Old With Me"

And since we're on Lennon--my favorite tune that also never really got past the home recording stage, "Real Love"

edit on 26-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I can barely listen to this one, the song itself is sad enough, with the video....forget it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Listen to this boys and girls...

It sort of sums up all of us here at ATS... and probably will make a couple of you shed a little tear...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I forgot these two classics too :

and this :

other version :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sayitaintso

Those lyrics just hit you where you do not want them to hit you.... thank you for that song mate.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join