It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Nobody wants war, and nobody wants N.Korea to exist. Now they are claiming targets and getting units combat ready?

We keep hearing threats and nothing happens... again we all say "lets hope nothing happens... blah, blah, blah"

Well, lets hope nothing happens. The US would put an end to N.Korea if conflict were to arise again. It would keep Russia and China on the edge of their chairs while Israel helps settle Syria... maybe.

When are these threats going to be taken seriously? After it's too late?

First, America cannot afford another war. Second, N.K. civilians are average people, like you an I; how dare you call for atrocities to be done to them in response to their stubborn, belligerent leader.

North Korea needs regime change, not obliteration.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'll take a guess and start thinking that Russia was the one that pointed out to North Korea where all the military bases were, about late 2012. Now they got the posture going. How much of a delay is that, 3 or 4 months? Essentially then they have a nuke or few aimed at the US and are trying to country-jack South Korea. They might be being set up. Maybe Russia is going to hit a base and then say NK did it.

That would be a problem wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No particular troop movements have been reportedAccording to this Article

My fear is that NK launches a small localized artillery strike, sits back and says the balls is in your court to US and SK. They did this a few years ago when they shelled a coastal island, killing South Korean civilians. This to me seems the most likely course of action by the North. Little Kim gets to look tough and the US will not respond to a localized incident. Not sure what the correct course of action would be but I doubt Obama or the South would respond to limited artillery barrage resulting in under a dozen causalities.

Little Kim is crazy but probably not dumb. He knows a nuclear war will result in his death. Like all sociopaths his personal well being is all that is important to him, he's not a ideologue who actually believes in a cause, he's a power mad nut who wants to stay in control of his crappy little country.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

I understand what your saying, but even a small attack would lead to their demise. SK threatened to return the attack 100 fold, don't think there would be much left of pyongyang afterwards.

Ill say this again, Li'l Kim needs putting in his place, does he really not grasp what he's up against......i mean....really.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
David Ben-Gurion ( pronunciation (help·info); Hebrew: דָּוִד בֶּן-גּוּרִיּוֹן‎, Arabic: دافيد بن غوريون‎, born David Grün; 16 October 1886 – 1 December 1973) was ...

Time of his death was about when I played 'partizans-germans' game for the last time in my life, I was 8.
We started playing (that is a kinda of bang-bang childish game in Yugoslavia), than some guys came, told something quietly to one of us being playing, and he said: let's play some other game.

And noone ever again mentioned that game after that.

I am not Jewish, I am Serb from Yugoslavia.

Know something about reasons for abolishing of that game, one of my favorite ones?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
David Ben-Gurion ( pronunciation (help·info); Hebrew: דָּוִד בֶּן-גּוּרִיּוֹן‎, Arabic: دافيد بن غوريون‎, born David Grün; 16 October 1886 – 1 December 1973) was ...

Time of his death was about when I played 'partizans-germans' game for the last time in my life, I was 8.
We started playing (that is a kinda of bang-bang childish game in Yugoslavia), than some guys came, told something quietly to one of us being playing, and he said: let's play some other game.

And noone ever again mentioned that game after that.

I am not Jewish, I am Serb from Yugoslavia.

Know something about reasons for abolishing of that game, one of my favorite ones?

That happened in Brčko, part of town: Poljoprivrednik, in yard of non-finished house of Kurudžija family, and around that.

edit on 3/26/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

edit on 3/26/2013 by dragnik because: addition of smiley

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

Ill say this again, Li'l Kim needs putting in his place, does he really not grasp what he's up against......i mean....really.

On the contrary, it's more likely that he and his allies in Tehran know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Are you F'ing kidding me??? Russia sends bombers into US air space on a regular bases and we don't pull out our measuring stick to do a richard measuring contest with them. Come on now. Sorties? They probably thought the single prop Cessna flying 60 miles away from their boarder was some form of new B-2 bomber. LOL to simple minds!

to you too. Cessnas. Where did you come up with that? And whos talking about the Russians? You know as well as I do what "Bombers flying sorties" means. It ain't Cessnas.

More likely, a fighter bomber group coming straight in, popping up on radar and only changing course at the last moment. Just another psyop. Good to test the NK defenses, keep them off balance, and start a whole 'nother round of internet abuse... against tiny little Korea and for that matter anyone else that points out the real 800 pound gorilla in their room.

Oh and sortie(s) plural by definition, means a lot i'm sure. Down played of course by the New York times, but I wasn't there either.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think it's time we as a nation stop antagonizing the world. This reminds me of my sister. when her life starts to fall apart she puts all her effort into criticizing others instead of looking at herself and fixing the things in her own life. Our country is falling apart we can't pay for the war that we are already in .900,000 veterans not recieving THIER benifits. Poeple think it's wise to put our country in another conflict. How do we pay for it? ( Besides with american soldiers lives and limbs).More loans from china? Do you think they will loan us money to bomb thier back yard? This is the same thing as Iran another country that can"t do bussiness with sleazy american corperations so we feel we have the right to change the regime. If I were NK or iran I would want weapons to defend myself too. This is a distraction to keep the american people looking the oher way while our government screws its people with this financial fiasco. OPEN YOUR EYES

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
North Korea technology at its best.

"This one is called Donkey Kong, you have to climb the ladder here"

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
bankers want a new market and they need a war to get there

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Isn't that the MO though? They tried with Iran with nothing, now they are doing the same thing with a more unstable country.

Right about that. If we can just rattle their windows with enough sonic passes, maybe we can bully them into doing something that will in turn justify an over whelming bully response like... I don't know, take over their country. Like that hasn't ever been done by the US before.

Even though we love clowning their leadership and well everything about their little impoverished country (mostly because of US "sanctions"), I don't think they are childish enough to give the US the excuse it seeks. So meanwhile we will go on here at ATS with thread after bash Korea thread and build a case against them that way until enough cry "Something Must Be Done", through the preponderance of BS.

Just give us an excuse the police say as they beat you to the ground with clubs and tasers.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The bombers weren't bright and even I said so ...but to even joke like this, let alone say it's a counter move may VERY well get those bombers coming back

We been trying to provoke them just off their shores (only "exercizing"). Its no joke. Another victim for the US is what I see through all the smoke and mirrors. Just another in a long list.

Dancing on the edge.

edit on 26-3-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

but i don't understand Dennis Rodman said they don't want war

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
bankers want a new market and they need a war to get there

Yes, that could be

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The whole "Saber Rattling" by North Korea is for domestic consumption. Its for him to consolidate power, to gain respect from his top Generals and too insure everyone is on the same page regarding the leadership, in case of some sort of dissent. Threats from North Korea are not unusual, but the repetition of threats right now is a little bit different, but recall he has something to prove to his own, some who might think he is too young to lead.

Also, don't believe China for one second. Their Generals are probably agreeing with everything that is happening, regardless on what is said on the "World Stage"

You have to see China and North Korea as distinct countries yet bound closely together, so all the action we are seeing must have the blessing of China.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Threats from North Korea are not unusual, but the repetition of threats right now is a little bit different, but recall he has something to prove to his own, some who might think he is too young to lead.

And they'd be right in thinking that... He's going to end up threatening himself into a coup....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh...it would erase them from creation like an F-5 tornado with craters.

OK, just a heads up...I'm stealing this.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
And they'd be right in thinking that... He's going to end up threatening himself into a coup....

Coup? No way. The Norks are too brainwashed to defy their Glorious Leader. Might keep them from gaining access to the magical unicorn lair they found.

Last bunch of senior officers that defied the Leader found themselves on the receiving end of a mortar barrage.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The bombers weren't bright and even I said so ...but to even joke like this, let alone say it's a counter move may VERY well get those bombers coming back

We been trying to provoke them just off their shores (only "exercizing"). Its no joke. Another victim for the US is what I see through all the smoke and mirrors. Just another in a long list.

Dancing on the edge.

edit on 26-3-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

Provoke them? I don't think so. I've read this entire thread and have seen good comments from both sides of this argument but what I haven't seen (or probably missed) was the fact that PRNK just set off a more-advanced test nuke....if that's not provocation I don't know what is.

As far as the short and medium range missiles are concerned.....we definitely have the ability to stop them. I worked on a project in 2002 with the Navy as a civilian contractor where we regularly intercepted missiles from Ticonderoga-class cruisers with roughly an 80-85% success rate....that was 2002 mind you and I know the technology and money being poured into this project has increased exponentially. From my former peers who stayed on the project, they've told me that there are missile "barges" in Tokyo harbor, Guam, and Hawaii. In case you've never heard of this, in 2008 we easily shot down a 5000lb satellite that malfunctioned. US-193

You want to fear something from North Korea? Asymmetrical and Cyber Warfare. I would suspect that they can easily hack into our power grid at this point and likely have terror cells in the country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join