It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
NK Nukes: Aluminum pipes chock full of firecrackers.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
North Korea technology at its best.

Sometimes a picture can say more than 1,000 words can.

I see NK is so perfect, nobody needs eyeglasses.

My guess is that glasses make strong man look weak.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Yikes.. Talk about a topic where anything I apparently say has someone pissed at me. I guess that means I'm an individual, as always.

How many wars do we want to start here??? We STARTED Afghanistan. (Remember, the Taliban were offered 100% free passes on all of it ..if they'd just hand over Bin Laden. I wish they had..) We STARTED Iraq in 2003 (1991 was finishing what Saddam started). We've done our damndest to start one in Yemen a few times though they're too busy fighting each other to focus outward for any length of time.

Add to those... Panama, Grenada and assorted misadventures before those all over Central and South America? I think we've had our share of new wars WE pulled first strike on for at least a few decades, eh? If KIM starts it then I want to see him and his entire command structure simply cease to exist in the form they currently do....with as few North Korean civilians hurt as possible ..so they may rebuild what the Kim's have done to them.

@ItCameFrom

Those little firecrackers made one heck of a signature on seismic recorders....eh?
edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

what I haven't seen (or probably missed) was the fact that PRNK just set off a more-advanced test nuke....if that's not provocation I don't know what is.

So good. They are more able to defend themselves?

Besides, this was only a test...

Like we are only "exercising".

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You can bring up any war you want you completely dodged my question. You would let people harass you and your family and do nothing about it because they didn't throw a rock at your house?

I didn't ask about past wars I asked about what you would do. Don't need your defensive dramatics.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

They were M-80's! LOTS of M-80's.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Russian bombers have flown sorties over Us terrorities even nuclear armed, did the us respond we would attack Russia because of it?

Not above board. But I bet hot lines were ringing at both ends. The "Supers" don't need to threaten each other because they know it would be the end for both parties.

"Whiny" little Korea? Now there we must build a case. We need to in the public eye after all, before we "spank a child" there must be some valid reason. We can't just make one up.

Heres the current scenario:

and the way it should be:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The flyovers (still in the South) came after DPRK unilaterally rejected the armistice and made triumphant propaganda film of California getting nuked.

American treaties? Just so you know, Americas word ain't worth squat these days. Theres a real world opinion out there, besides our own that is.

Uh, who is 'provoking' whom? So much automatic USA-hate.

"Auto hate"? We have occupied half their country for over half a century, you know. Or doesn't that count? Look at what happened in Vietnam. North and South... you think the North gave a rats ass about the American "Posture"?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Okay, I'll answer your question directly. YES. I would. What would you have me do? shoot them?? People harassing me and making threats is NOT imminent danger to my health or safety nor is it to any of my family or friends. We can all substitute terms as this has nothing to do with me or my house in Missouri. However, the example is good enough I suppose.

Now, to carry the example you've chosen, in specifics .... I would have firearms out of the safe. I'd have them easily accessible around the house and loaded. If that harassment so much as cracked a window, there would be response. If that harassment carried into direct, imminent and clear threat by their action? Well...then they wouldn't have an open casket funeral and that's about as nice as I can put that one.

Still.. Until verbal threat becomes clear action? It's words from someone's mouth. Words...Speech ..that thing we protect with our lives on this side of the Pacific. It would be ironic to take lives on the other side, for the very same thing. Wouldn't it? Lets see a war exist before we fight one...is all I'd say.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
North Korea is a puppet State of Red China. They don't do anything this huge on the World stage without the back door support of their Mandarin Masters. Let's make sure we got that clear. This is just common knowledge to anyone who understands the history over there and how the Asians view things and operate. They do not think like we do over there, it's an ancient culture in China.

Just because a few empty suits in the mass media report that China is calling for "restraint", doesn't make that the truth, LMAO! That's just the propaganda that is fed to the masses of fools here in The USA and abroad thoughout the western world who jump on every headline that the deciders yes men write about or air.

I understand why they are painting China as being upset, it's a business decision in regards to the China / US relationship. That is not to say that China is not participating in this agenda as well, and are perfectly happy to add to the confusion. Everything these days is based on economic partnerships. Well, atleast until the bombs start dropping.

And to those who are suggesting that we just drop a Nuclear warhead on Pyongyang prior to being attacked, jump off the stupid wagon and fix your brain. ~$heopleNation
edit on 26-3-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The war does already exist, it never ended. How many warnings do you need before you get smacked in the face.

Really not trying to argue with you Wrabbit.

I just see someone threatening lives as opening that window. You live in Missouri. Not Guam or Hawaii. Would you as an average citizen ( not an ATS citizen with general knowledge of accuracy and distance of NK missiles) would you feel the same? Would you still not feel threatened?

I think your tone would be different on a little island. An island they named specifically to bomb. That's much closer to NK than Missouri.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I see where rabbit is coming from. I had a threat coming to me the other day. The traditional I'm coming over to kick your ass threat. I didn't call the police. Or I didn't act scared or threaten them back. But I did put a baseball bat in front of the door and had pepper spray ready, even though I knew they weren't coming. Precaution is different than action. We should take precaution

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by phsb2008

Sorry, but death of fellow countrymen in an attack we ignored threats from is more serious to me then you getting your ass kicked.

Eta: Offense is the best defense. If he was serious your laughable door wedge and pepper spray wouldn't help you.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The US could care less about attacking North Korea. South Korea has got all the trade items and good ports. North Korea has mountains, dirt and starving people who poop in the crops for fertilizer. They are of no economic or stratigic importance unless you want a highway straight from China to the ocean to a walmart near you. then taking over the north may be a good idea. If a war starts it will be because the little fat man does something really stupid.

link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The US could care less about attacking North Korea. South Korea has got all the trade items and good ports. North Korea has mountains, dirt and starving people who poop in the crops for fertilizer. They are of no economic or stratigic importance unless you want a highway straight from China to the ocean to a walmart near you. then taking over the north may be a good idea. If a war starts it will be because the little fat man does something really stupid.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh I know your not arguing..I hope I don't come across that way either, even if I'm a bit energetic at times. It's a subject with some personal touch to it.

I don't live in Hawaii but if he can hit Hawaii, he can hit Missouri. I ran the numbers out of curiosity. Honolulu is just over 4,800 miles or 7,300 kilometers from Pyongyang. Guam just over 2,100 miles or 3,400 kilometers. He's into ballistic missiles to make that range ....and just how large a leap is it when we haven't even seen him test ONE missile at that range to start? It'd have to be tech we haven't seen (no one has) or...worse..tech he bought or stole from other nations that can cross those distances with a warhead.

So..in for a penny, in for a pound. Does it bother or impact me? Well, as a matter of fact..yes, it likely would in a general war. The home base and operating center for the B2 Spirit Bomber is Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. In other words.....the bombs that fall all over him will have come from planes and/or crews that may well have started out right here ...just north of where I live.

If FULL war breaks out, the body count on this one will be 7 figures easy. Probably 8 figures by the time it's over. I'm interested in never seeing it happen. I'm really interested in seeing any war that starts? End fast. As fast as anyone can manage it. I sure have no desire to see one started ....(and until people are dying, there is not a war yet. There simply is no status of peace or armistice)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
NK nuke is just for show or for a M.A.D. scenario. NK wouldn’t use it as a first strike option on SK because for one they know they would lose that battle and second the reason there is tension between NK and SK is for resources.

NK wants SK land and yes there is the classic democracy vs. communism ideology conflict going on however the primary reason is for resources like agricultural farming land. I have been on the border and have seen NK lands they have strip mined the land it is a barren somewhat inhospitable country for agriculture. I was stationed in Alaska at one time but the winters in Korea were the coldest I have experienced. The closer you were to the DMZ the colder it got. The moisture in the air cuts you to the bone. Anyway if NK nuked SK it would ruin the land they so desperately want making the conflict pointless.

NK saying they are targeting US bases is old news. 20 years ago we knew our bases were targeted by artillery so every time things heated up we went on alert and had a field exercises relocating our base camp every day in the country so that if they did attack it was hopeful that they hadn’t learned of our coordinates yet. My 14 months in country CID had caught 3 spy’s working on our base in that time and that was just the ones I knew about. We had incinerators on base where we disposed of any classified material because as soon as the garbage trucks would leave the base they would brazenly start going through our garbage not even a block away. They were always trying to gather intel on our troop strength or locations of our next field exercise.

NK announcement about targeting US bases is just something to try and stir things up it hasn’t changed anything. I think it’s just the ranting’s of the fat little punk arse dictator and nothing more.

When NK would act up like they are now the US and SK would hold a joint exercise called Team Spirit which was nothing more than a show of strength all branches of the service would coordinate maneuvers and work together Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and the R.O.K.A.’s the whole thing would last about a week or two and by the end of it NK would back down from their posturing because they would realize they didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of surviving if war were to break out again. I don’t know when the last time Team Spirit was held but my opinion is that it is way overdue.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wasn't the best example but it had a point. The threats have been going on forever. We live in America, so innocentuntil proven guilty right. All I see is threats. I don't see a way for them to carry out threats. But if they do they are gonna be broken to the point to where they wished they would have never done it. But we can't just attack someone for having a big mouth.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My friends who had to run wern't americans they where Iranian and they have a whole diff story than your telling. And as point of fact Ive got you beat by well over a dacade of age and I live it not remembered it. What is pimped by the media, the history story tellers and the kool-aid drinkers doesn't even come close to the truth. The worse day in the Life of an Iranian was the day a bunch of right wing extrmist under the guise of ALLAH trashed the embassy and disposed the Shah. The middle East may never recover until their all riding camels again and under total Sharia law.

Allahu Akbar

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I wonder if they can reach Salt Lake City from Pyong Yang?

It would be like cauterizing a wound really.

Who would miss it?

Then we wouldn't have to listen to the White Horse prophecy nonsense anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join