It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over. On March 31st, 2013, it's finally over.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I am sorry to say that nothing will happen. After March 31st 2013, life will indeed continue.

However, I do understand your emotions. But I come bearing cold, hard news. The system will continue. The rich will continue getting richer. The poor will continue getting poorer. There is no way to beat the system because there are too many in the system. Before, you could move off to some certain far-off lands and live like a nomad. Now, even those lands are being plundered and pillaged for the resources beneath them.

Now, now the only way out of the system - the only way to beat the system - is through death. Otherwise, you can work with the system and make it work for you - and in the off chance that you're really creative and really bright - you could probably rise in the world and become excessively wealthy; but even that's difficult these days.

I'm sorry - but too many people are entangled within the system. A breakdown of the system will be a breakdown of life as we know it - and many will not allow that to happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I really believe that doomsday predictions and the fear-mongering that goes with them; are not over; as life goes on; so will they.

However...they are over for me...I am just not going to read about any of it any more; as of now.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please tell me what exactly is over on the 31 besides another month?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't believe in any prophecy or predictons.
What about this, couldn't that be truth, a little?
Aurora (Aura Ora, Aura Sun/Earth)... Ancient Spaceship our ancestors came here by?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I was given a "message" about March 31st so I'm very curious to see what happens. And to be honest, IMHO anything is better than staying in a world like ours is now, with a few power hungry wolves in command of billions of brainwashed sheep.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'm under the impression that many did say that December 21st was the wrong date long before the date came to pass. So i don't understand what you're saying with question number 2.

Question number 1 seems valid enough though. I have no idea. Probably never. With the way different predictions are made all the time.. one of these days, someone will get it right. Whether it be by sheer fluke or not... somethings got to give right?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
Well I was given a "message" about March 31st so I'm very curious to see what happens. And to be honest, IMHO anything is better than staying in a world like ours is now, with a few power hungry wolves in command of billions of brainwashed sheep.

Ahh another person that believes if you are happy and successful in life you are brainwashed..
Whatever gets you through the day!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by Deny777

Ahh another person that believes if you are happy and successful in life you are brainwashed..
Whatever gets you through the day!

I did not say that. Although misery and suffering make for valuable learning experiences, IMHO that's somewhat of a medieval system and I think there's enough people ready for a more advanced class that justifies banning power hungry ego maniacs from the planet, who are basically responsible for most of the suffering humankind has had to endure. And by "power hungry ego maniacs" I mean anyone who spares no effort to be in a privileged position that allows them to be in control of other people's lives, be it a politician, a union "leader" or a CEO. Also by "sheep" I really meant people who blindly do as they're told, never questioning the system, be them happy or miserable. There are MANY levels of compliance, not all of them are as obvious as one would think. And you'd be surprised at how fiercefully the average citizen would fight for the very system that keeps her/him enslaved.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You could have at least said the new date is April 1 that way when it comes and goes with nothing happeining you can at least save a little bit of face by saying april fools instead of being blasted by people which is what is going to happen. I predict it will.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In the DISinformation age, fear sells, most obviously. Therefore, there will always be another date, until the time actually arrives (or our government shuts down the internet for our, I mean their safety).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
But... that's my birthday

Don't buy into the fear...every other day there is a doom thread on here. You will get used to it, btw welcome to the creepiest corner in the cyber world and happy early B-day

I must have missed the doom part in the op. Where is it again?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nowhere has it ever been said that the world would end, that we would simply poof out of existence.

The reality is that we go through ages, and we are simply transitioning into a new age, that does not mean things are simply going to change suddenly.

The changes that occur are the ones we make, the ascension of man is simply our progress both technologically and spiritually.

Much like a new calender year we do not judge the sum of the new year by passing through one day of it, nor should we judge the sum of a new age by the first couple of months.

I believe we will bridge the gap of science and spirit in this new age we are just beginning, all this turbulence we see in the world currently, are its death throws of those trying to control and subvert the natural process of man.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
the mayans never predicted anything for the date, other than the start of the next calendar cycle. it was actually a cause for celebration, like our new years'.

the earth has been around for 4.54 billion years, the olmec most likely invented the long count calendar during their time (1500 BCE to 400 BCE), not the mayans who were around much later (250 - 900 AD).

...later researchers said that, while the end of the 13th b'ak'tun would perhaps be a cause for celebration, it did not mark the end of the calendar. "There is nothing in the Maya or Aztec or ancient Mesoamerican prophecy to suggest that they prophesied a sudden or major change of any sort in 2012", said Mayanist scholar Mark Van Stone. "The notion of a 'Great Cycle' coming to an end is completely a modern invention."

In 1990, Mayanist scholars Linda Schele and David Freidel argued that the Maya "did not conceive this to be the end of creation, as many have suggested".

Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that, "We have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, said, "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle", and, "The 2012 phenomenon is a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in".

"There will be another cycle", said E. Wyllys Andrews V, director of the Tulane University Middle American Research Institute. "We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this."

Commenting on the new calendar found at Xultún, one archaeologist said "The ancient Maya predicted the world would continue – that 7,000 years from now, things would be exactly like this. We keep looking for endings. The Maya were looking for a guarantee that nothing would change. It's an entirely different mindset."

Several prominent individuals representing Maya of Guatemala decried the suggestion that the world would end in the b'ak'tun 13. Ricardo Cajas, president of the Colectivo de Organizaciones Indígenas de Guatemala, said the date did not represent an end of humanity but that the new cycle "supposes changes in human consciousness".

Martín Sacalxot, of the office of the Procurador de los Derechos Humanos (Guatemala's Human Rights Ombudsman, PDH), said that the end of the calendar has nothing to do with the end of the world or the year 2012

Mayan inscriptions occasionally mention predicted future events or commemorations that would occur on dates far beyond the completion of the 13th b'ak'tun. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates"; Long Count dates together with an additional number, known as a Distance Number, which when added to them makes a future date.

On the west panel at the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, a section of text projects forward to the 80th 52-year Calendar Round from the coronation of the ruler K'inich Janaab' Pakal. Pakal's accession occurred on 9.9.2.4.8, equivalent to 27 July 615 AD in the proleptic Gregorian calendar. The inscription begins with Pakal's birthdate of 9.8.9.13.0 (24 March, 603 AD Gregorian) and then adds the Distance Number 10.11.10.5.8 to it, arriving at a date of 21 October 4772 AD, more than 4,000 years after Pakal's time.

wikiwikiwah
edit on 26-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

March 31st will be over as soon as 1st of April begins!
Oh and it's April Fools too.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Dammit I wait all this time for season 3 of Game of Thrones and now this happens

I suggest you don't plan your life around nebulous predictions made by people of dubious credibility.

The future looks #ty enough without ever receding dates of doom to worry about.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
...And when that day comes and goes, there will be another apocalyptic date. People have been trying to predict the end of the world for centuries, this is no different. If the world should ever come to an end, it will probably be on a day that nobody will expect.

Live for the day, living in fear is no way to live. Death is inevitable for everyone, so why worry or try guessing when the end will happen?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Oh damn another new date... when will you people stop this?

I really hope it ends. every day a new thread about a new date. now after 21st it is the 31st.. nice. what is next? april 12th?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
You forget that Mayan shamans were dyslexic so it's not 2012 but infact 2015

Jaguar men like to party.

No, it's 5105. You're looking at it upside down.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The video below proves beyond a doubt that the calendar actually does end on March 31, 2013. Check it out!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Look at this guy`s Tarot card reading for this week!!! A card for each day from the 25th of March to the 31st!
The card for the 31st comes out to be the Death Card!!!

www.youtube.com...

I think it`s pure coincidence... but weirdly freaky nonetheless!! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join