It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's $100,000 Children Spring Break vacation at Bahamas Atlantis, While America is Sequestering

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Our government engages in a practice politely called "deficit spending". Other terms........ "counterfeiting" and "check kiting", but it all comes down to the same thing; spending money one does not actually have.
What would be a prison offense for a normal citizen was rendered legal for the government by the Federal Reserve Act.

So, with most of our manufacturing now gone, just what DOES America make? Trouble, mostly.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
It has been my knowledge that the President pays for his own vacations save the secret service which would be with him every day no matter where it happens to be. Yes we pay his salary but that does not give us the right to tell him how to spend it? You wouldn't think of telling your employee if you happen to have any how to spend the money you pay them would you? No that would be meddling.

Sure, but just a quick question? Do you think it costs more to utilize the secret service at Atlantis than Camp David?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut

Sure, but just a quick question? Do you think it costs more to utilize the secret service at Atlantis than Camp David?

Quick question(s)? Do you think the Obama's vacations should either be Camp David or bust? Do you always vacation in the same place? Do you like to have your boss tell you where you can and can not vacation? None of that sounds much like a vacation does it?
edit on 27-3-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Quick question(s)? Do you think the Obama's vacations should either be Camp David or bust? Do you always vacation in the same place? Do you like to have your boss tell you where you can and can not vacation? None of that sounds much like a vacation does it?
edit on 27-3-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

If I am leading by example, I do the right thing fiscally, that's what I do. Obama takes plenty of vacations all over the place, it is not like he ever goes without, period.

By the way, if I do vacation, I do it when I can afford it. I would say that sticking the taxpayer with yet another security bill, when the deficit is such that it is and we can't even offer white house tours, it fiscally irreresponsible and does not show good form.

Oh, and if my boss is paying for my security detail, maybe he should have a say in where I go. I was at Atlantis last year, do you have any idea how much it costs to vacation there?

edit on 27-3-2013 by artnut because: hit enter too soon

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

where are the tsunamis when you really need them?

CHANGE , CHANGE WE NEED

CHANGE , CHANGE WE NEED CLAP CLAP

CHANGE, CHANGE WE NEED CLAP CLAP CLAP

CHANGE , CHANGE WE NEED, NOD HEAD CLAP CLAP

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
It has been my knowledge that the President pays for his own vacations save the secret service which would be with him every day no matter where it happens to be. Yes we pay his salary but that does not give us the right to tell him how to spend it? You wouldn't think of telling your employee if you happen to have any how to spend the money you pay them would you? No that would be meddling.

Or his lavish trips to Hawaii.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join