It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's $100,000 Children Spring Break vacation at Bahamas Atlantis, While America is Sequestering

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You are joking about Bush's attitude right? No other president spent more on vacations than him. His 77 trips to vacation in Texas cost tax payers 200 million for the use of Airforce one alone. Who knows how much the other two years worth of vacations cost.

No other president spent more on vacations than Bush? Gotta be careful with those absolute style statements.... They CAN be proven one way or another. Do you have anything beyond opinion to support that claim from your side though? After all.. it's a fantastic claim and again, made in a factual way. Should be really easy to support. In fact, I even know what section and general heading areas of the past budget numbers the answer should be in.

Oh... Err... That last part of your note means you actually have no idea, huh?

I'll check back and see if a claim made has finally been sourced with more than opinion. We've had debates like this before ..and I usually end up spending an hour or two getting stuff to back my side ....to little more than opinion based replies. Your turn to support.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this vacation. First, the Obamas are probably paying for the actual vacation, and tax dollars are paying for the security. The security just comes with the territory.

Kids grow up fast and they should be able to enjoy their childhood the same as others. Why shouldn't Malia and Sasha have a fun spring break. At their age, a couple of years is a huge jump. Let them play on mama and daddy's dime. They probably wish the secret service and all the extra security didn't have to be there either.

That being said, Michelle and Barack need to cut back THEIR own play time. There will be plenty of years for them to play after they leave office.

edit on 26-3-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Turkenstein
Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet.

Got proof of that? He manages to fill out his basketball brackets .. and golf more than any other POTUS .. and take tons of vacations ... and have tons of parties (at tax payer expense) .. take a tour of the left wing media like 'The View' .... etc etc . I know a lot of other people who work a lot harder than he does.

No other president spent more time on vacation than Bush. Obama would have to take the next year off to catch up with him.

Again... absolute statements implying absolute fact.. Please.. I really DO want to see the facts on this outside media's own opinion pieces. Anything to source?

Your two claims WOULD have major bearing and major impact on the thread topic..So it seems fair to ask. If backed, it pretty well makes the thread topic a silly political attack...rather than a valid sign of outrage to Executive excess in spending.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Obama does it more often

This is just 100% pure BS.

Bush had a total of over ONE THOUSAND days on vacation....ONE THOUSAND...that is nearly 3 YEARS of vacation during his 8 years.

Obama is just over the 100 day mark for his first term.

And as far as Bush not spending a lot of money...again...pure BS.
www.politicususa.com...

It's things like this that let me know that people are 100% delusional.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I personally think Obama should do this. All it does is illustrate the ivory tower elitist mindset that progressives have.

So enjoy, spendspendspend!

All you and your synchophants are doing is insuring that your legacy will be one of waste, lies, and elitism.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I know. This is simply disgraceful.
I've been to Atlantis...and it is definitely NOT inexpensive.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Big difference.
We didn't have 17 trillion in debt...and under national sequester under Bush.
Obama is just not about to personally sacrifice under his sequester...even though he is demanding everyone else do so.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is okay to close tours to the white house ruining the vacations of thousands of people, but hey, as long as they get their vacation, that is cool.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You're not counting Crawford, Texas...right? I won't count Obama going to a fixed 'Off site White House' either....If he ever had one he took time at. Every President (Before this one) had a residence that the Secret Service and Government techs convert to a near functional duplicate of the White House in Washington. So, vacation is a VERY relative thing when Reagan was in California or Bush was in Crawford.

Obama rents his places at unbelievable rates and then it STILL has to undergo some of those conversions ...but on a repeating and temporary basis for even MORE expense. I'd love to see him actually live in the house he seemed to want in South Chicago. ...but, yeah.. I doubt he spends any time in that place in his entire life.

So..lets make sure we're keeping Alternate White House separate from actual vacation. The difference is ...is the place designated for the purpose and modified as needed FOR THE WHOLE TERM IN OFFICE....or just for the days or week the POTUS drops in to party every so often?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is unbelievable that you have to ask for proof of Bush's vacation days...a simple google search would show you. But here you go.

politic365.com...
www.democraticunderground.com...
jonox.livejournal.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
...and let's not forget Spring Break 2012 for Malia:

So how much does this vacation cost? We don’t know for certain, but as Breitbart points out, Judicial Watch discovered that Malia Obama’s spring break trip to Mexico last year cost taxpayers $115,000 due to accompanying Secret Service protection.

www.ijreview.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Oh yes...of course you don't count Bush going to Texas as "vacation".

What a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by Violater1

Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet.

Oh My... Just pissed myself...

No budget in 4 years...
Wars still going on despite promises to end them...
Record deficit spending...
Guantanamo Bay still open...
Over 100 rounds of golf played...
Weekly parties in the White House...
Dozens of lavish vacations...
The economy STILL in the gutter...
Unemployment STILL higher than when he took office...
Median household income down OVER $4K per household since he took office...
Gas, utilities and food costs up significantly since he took office...
Obamacare DOUBLING insurance costs despite promises to reduce premiums...

Sure, he's working hard.
To DESTROY the freaking country maybe...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks... Your links confirm what I figured you were talking about. You're counting his time at his personal residence and "Western White House" as vacation...as if he were down at Padre Island, living it up (Or Hawaii..on a temporary stay on contract rates, as another President makes a habit of) In fact, your last link it very informative..

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Camp David? Thats a vacation as opposed to an extension of the working White House? Thats interesting. I'd be far more interested in demanding arrival and departure lists of OTHER PEOPLE while Bush happened to be in residence at Camp David. It's not a vacation spot for how it's traditionally used. Oh, it's a beautiful place ...but it's a SECLUDED and media private secluded place when they desire ..and hardly the Magic Kingdom.

So.. would we want to compare Apples to Apples ...or keep comparing Apples to Watermelons?
edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

So how much does this vacation cost? We don’t know for certain, but as Breitbart points out, Judicial Watch discovered that Malia Obama’s spring break trip to Mexico last year cost taxpayers $115,000 due to accompanying Secret Service protection.

www.ijreview.com...

Are you suggesting that Malia not be afforded secret service protection or are you suggesting that she should never leave the protection that the walls of the White House provide?

edit on 26-3-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Last year, Malia went to Oaxaca, Mexico for her $115,000 spring break vacation with her 12 friends and 25 Secret Service agents.

This time since both of the Obama kids are on spring break vacation, the number of Secret Service agents may have been doubled while the number of friends still unknown.

The strange part about last year’s spring break vacation was how the story was scrubbed from the internet soon after it was reported.

katenews2day.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Big difference.
We didn't have 17 trillion in debt...and under national sequester under Bush.
Obama is just not about to personally sacrifice under his sequester...even though he is demanding everyone else do so.

No, we were only around 10 trillion in debt...I guess in your mind 10 trillion is ok...but no more than that.

If you are mad about the sequester...talk to the Republicans that refuse to ask millionaires to pay taxes.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

www.ijreview.com...

Are you suggesting that Malia not be afforded secret service protection or are you suggesting that she should never leave the protection that the walls of the White House provide?

I'm saying that...if a fish stinks from the head down...than a country should sacrifice from the head down, as well.
Obama's sequester is making the country cut back on extravagances...yet he continues to indulge himself and his family at taxpayer expense.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

www.ijreview.com...

No, we' are suggesting that President Odumbass put his money where his mouth is and stop living like he's some type of royalty! We are suggesting that he end the hypocrisy of whining about how tough we all have it while he lives like a king. We're suggesting that perhaps the hypocrite-in-chief demonstrate how "Difficult" the sequester is - after all he stated as much but continues to live the life of the rich.

THAT is what we are suggesting!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

And right wingers include Camp David in Obama's numbers...so.........

And it takes just as much security and Air Force One expenses to go to Texas as it does for any of Obama's "vacations".

Just admit it...you are just desperately looking for something to bitch about...becasue that is what you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join