Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama's $100,000 Children Spring Break vacation at Bahamas Atlantis, While America is Sequestering

page: 2
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Breitbart has come to lean so far right, right's amazing their staff can walk upright and not simply fall over and flop around like fish.

...and it's precisely for that reason that they don't seem to get core facts wrong that I've really seen. They spin them till they can go no faster. The thing is, because they are so extreme right......screwing the core facts of just one story would get them torn to pieces and for months if not right out of business. It's something to consider and I imagine the other media outlets do too.

As for this ridiculous display of excess and opulence of the First Family at the world's exclusive and top resorts over the years? That really is over the top. Whatever else is said about Bush and especially his motives?

Bush Says He's Not A Golfer In Wartime

He at least had a sense of appearances and not this 'Marie Antoinette' attitude of 'let them eat cake' or some nonsense. I mean, we' re all being told to suck it up while they live it up. It's just pissing people off and there's no good reason for this. No need for it.

Obama could go party till he and his family drop from exhaustion when they aren't at the center of power to a nation in different levels of current crisis. Who cares what he or his family does in their private life, just a few years away. At the moment though, he's supposed to at least FAKE some empathy just for appearances sake and lead by example ....not just words in speeches.

It's coming up short all around so far. No one left to run against. It's time to fix things.....and vacationing on a regular basis really ..really...REALLY.. isn't being seen as anything but tone deaf and arrogant, IMO, by a good % of the nation.




posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet. If he wants to go on vacation with his family, or send them, he has that right. It would be like me saying, "I'm not going to disneyland because I know there are hillbillies and urban bums in this world.(your "old" pics not mine)

A lot of that $100,000 is for security against haters, kind of like yourself.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by Violater1
 


Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet. If he wants to go on vacation with his family, or send them, he has that right. It would be like me saying, "I'm not going to disneyland because I know there are hillbillies and urban bums in this world.(your "old" pics not mine)

A lot of that $100,000 is for security against haters, kind of like yourself.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)


and if he used his own money to pay for it that would be fine, but he is using the governments money, you know yours and my taxes. now if he would have used some of that $ 500,000 for a sit down meeting he was getting, to pay for it and all the other stuff, i wouldn't say a thing.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


How do they NOT expect us to wish death upon them?....I mean come on. At this point I think it is a valid case to wish for terrible things to happen to them.

We have people STARVING:...going without, the nation tanking....just go to Maryland and chill at ocean city. Ok. save a couple thousand and set an example...or is being a leader not up to par with your expectations for life?

THEN GET THE HELL OUT of our offices of power and live it up you *$$ %0/&$!

I pray for an angry mob to form and eat you like zombies...

Terrible examples from terrible leaders. You deserve for a TERRIBLE PEOPLE to throw feces at you instead of wave flags and pay taxes like a responsible and sensible country.

EDIT:
How much did the first ladies little field trip to those music awards or what ever cost?
yeah....no big deal...
edit on 26-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So what? I'm sure there are millions of kids going to Cancun and Hawaii for spring break.

Millions of Americans ??? Considering the economy ... I highly doubt that. And those few that do get to go .. they aren't costing the US taxpayers because they aren't using Air Force One and they aren't using the Secret Service, etc etc etc.....



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet.

Got proof of that? He manages to fill out his basketball brackets .. and golf more than any other POTUS .. and take tons of vacations ... and have tons of parties (at tax payer expense) .. take a tour of the left wing media like 'The View' .... etc etc . I know a lot of other people who work a lot harder than he does.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
POTUS is a millionaire with his own bank accounts. Right or wrong, remember...this is his own money. They are his kids...his money....Whereas it shows his lack of sympathy for the rest of us....he can buy them anything or send his kids anywhere.

But...it does show his a--.....and doesnt support the rest of us in financial difficulties....and it sure doesnt teach his girls anything of substance...just "Hey Daddy? Where you gonna send us NEXT YEAR? The Riviera?"



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger
 


not for security it is not.

Not for the entourage it is not.

Not for everything else with an official US seal on it from luggage to anything a bratty little rich kid asks for that their dad didnt dish out...

Also when your nation is in dire straights you set an example, that is the price of leadership.

If not, just be rich. POWER has responsibilities.

edit on 26-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Breitbart has come to lean so far right, right's amazing their staff can walk upright and not simply fall over and flop around like fish.

...and it's precisely for that reason that they don't seem to get core facts wrong that I've really seen. They spin them till they can go no faster. The thing is, because they are so extreme right......screwing the core facts of just one story would get them torn to pieces and for months if not right out of business. It's something to consider and I imagine the other media outlets do too.

As for this ridiculous display of excess and opulence of the First Family at the world's exclusive and top resorts over the years? That really is over the top. Whatever else is said about Bush and especially his motives?

Bush Says He's Not A Golfer In Wartime

He at least had a sense of appearances and not this 'Marie Antoinette' attitude of 'let them eat cake' or some nonsense. I mean, we' re all being told to suck it up while they live it up. It's just pissing people off and there's no good reason for this. No need for it.

Obama could go party till he and his family drop from exhaustion when they aren't at the center of power to a nation in different levels of current crisis. Who cares what he or his family does in their private life, just a few years away. At the moment though, he's supposed to at least FAKE some empathy just for appearances sake and lead by example ....not just words in speeches.

It's coming up short all around so far. No one left to run against. It's time to fix things.....and vacationing on a regular basis really ..really...REALLY.. isn't being seen as anything but tone deaf and arrogant, IMO, by a good % of the nation.


You are joking about Bush's attitude right? No other president spent more on vacations than him. His 77 trips to vacation in Texas cost tax payers 200 million for the use of Airforce one alone. Who knows how much the other two years worth of vacations cost.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Violater1
 


How do they NOT expect us to wish death upon them?....I mean come on. At this point I think it is a valid case to wish for terrible things to happen to them.

We have people STARVING:...going without, the nation tanking....just go to Maryland and chill at ocean city. Ok. save a couple thousand and set an example...or is being a leader not up to par with your expectations for life?

THEN GET THE HELL OUT of our offices of power and live it up you *$$ %0/&$!

I pray for an angry mob to form and eat you like zombies...

Terrible examples from terrible leaders. You deserve for a TERRIBLE PEOPLE to throw feces at you instead of wave flags and pay taxes like a responsible and sensible country.

EDIT:
How much did the first ladies little field trip to those music awards or what ever cost?
yeah....no big deal...
edit on 26-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)


Isn't it amazing how people have just now woken up and see what is going on. So if Romney was in office doing this would you keep turning a blind eye?



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So the cost of the Secret Service is worth it for the Obama girls to go to the Bahamas, but not worth it so everyday kids can visit the White House?

Their Mexico visit last year cost 115K. Depending on where they are staying at the resort this one could run much higher. For example, the Bridge Suite runs 25K a night! Or maybe they just settled for the Presidential Suites.
edit on 26-3-2013 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


no

your point?



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Turkenstein
Obama is one of the hardest working men on the planet.

Got proof of that? He manages to fill out his basketball brackets .. and golf more than any other POTUS .. and take tons of vacations ... and have tons of parties (at tax payer expense) .. take a tour of the left wing media like 'The View' .... etc etc . I know a lot of other people who work a lot harder than he does.


No other president spent more time on vacation than Bush. Obama would have to take the next year off to catch up with him.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 

Maybe. But the point still stands. The poster said Obama is the hardest working guy on the planet. (or at least one of the hardest working guys on the planet). But reality says different.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by buster2010
 


no

your point?


You are acting like Obama is the first one to do anything like this. Besides with the exception of the bodyguards who's to say the Obama's aren't paying for this trip.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by buster2010
 

Maybe. But the point still stands. The poster said Obama is the hardest working guy on the planet. (or at least one of the hardest working guys on the planet). But reality says different.

Prove it. Let's see a daily listing of what Obama's workday is like.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 

how so?

I am simply saying that this behavior is not correct. Dont justify a straw man argument. I mentioned nothing of R-money or others.

I am taking this occasion to show this sort of degradation for what it is. You are somehow trying to apologize for it.

it IS reprehensible. THAT is my point. Yours?

P.S.
your own argument is implying that other expenses arent covered by Obama. That this is somehow the norm.
edit on 26-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Simply disgusting.


My brother lost his military tuition assistance. Thanks Obama!



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Vacation...from what? Luxury?

These kids get whatever they want, do whatever they want and they need a vacation from it?

I work my ass off 6 days a week and am too tired to do anything on my one day off. I also watch anything I spend on that day over 100 dollars.

But the poor little rich, entitled kids need a break from a few hours in school more than I need a break from a 70 hour work week.

I guess I can't say anything because Americans are OK with footing the bill.


Yeah. And it won't belong until Michelle Antoinette tells Americans to eat healthy again, and lose weight while they stuff their faces with all the food they can eat.



posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Jude..I couldn't have said that better..My family hasn't been on a 'vacation' since June 2002. I mean we have taken small trips to St Louis, MO (1.5 hours) to go to the zoo or museums..but a vacation..I don't even know what that is anymore.

Others are right that if it's his OWN money that's a different story..but with all the security and what not..I think the taxpayers footed some of it..even if the didn't..I think it is in EXTREMELY bad taste to send any member of the white house anywhere for any reason other than emergency family issues..or white house business.

I don't like being told to tighten "MY" belt and suck it up...while they party on...





new topics

top topics



 
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join