It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is sick

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
(I sneezed on the screen yesterday, sorry)

Yea, no kidding. Still wiping that mess up.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
take off the goverment issue blinders and take a closer look at both the world .. and the people in it ... life is far from simple ... and damn sure not black and white ... you may even learn a thing or two from those whom you malign ...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The name says it all folks.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
So here is why ATS sick. This is a narrative repeated over and over again. The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

And yet you've been here two years and have nearly 1400 posts. I guess that makes YOU paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed as well.
Welcome to the club.
edit on 3/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The TC is correct, this site is home to alot of mentally un-stable people. This site actulay believes that Sandy Hook never happened and no kids died. Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
This site actulay believes that Sandy Hook never happened and no kids died.

Um ... no. 'This site' does not believe that.
There are a few far-out folks who do think that.
But 'this site' has come down pretty hard on that kind of B.S.
Management has spanked those folks pretty good ....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's one thing to search for justice, it is another to go on a witch hunt.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Precedents was sent regarding treaties recently with Bond v. United States. A hallmark case hardly fit for headlines, it reaffirmed States' rights and Individual Rights, specifically upholding the 10th Amendment and even mentioning the 9th Amendment.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

The treaty of Versailles has nothing to do with the UN Small arms treaty. It's not trying to stop Germany from acquiring weapons, it is trying to stop the illegal transfer of arms across international borders.

I don't see there being anything wrong with being a gun nut. If you like shooting things, as long as they're not people or any endangered species, go ahead. If you want to own 19 handguns even though you only have two hands, go for it.

What I don't like, and I'm guessing most people don't like, is rebel groups attaining small arms and committing atrocities in the Eastern Congo.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Because they, or some of them anyway; disagree with your take? That makes them, us, me, delusional? Really?

Attacking the membership isn't exactly the best of ways to go about convincing people otherwise... How about a rational, well researched thread, without all the hysterical accusations attached to them...

TRAITOR!!! TREASON!!! YADDA, YADDA, YADDA... All sound great, and make for great titles, but without evidence other then hysterical accusations...? They mean exactly nothing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

The treaty of Versailles has nothing to do with the UN Small arms treaty. It's not trying to stop Germany from acquiring weapons, it is trying to stop the illegal transfer of arms across international borders.

I don't see there being anything wrong with being a gun nut. If you like shooting things, as long as they're not people or any endangered species, go ahead. If you want to own 19 handguns even though you only have two hands, go for it.

What I don't like, and I'm guessing most people don't like, is rebel groups attaining small arms and committing atrocities in the Eastern Congo.

the UN was trying to find ways to keep manufactures of arms from selling large amounts to rogue nations, and groups inside nations.....the manufactures of these arms are located in the larger industrialized countries. the US is a gun country, 1st in weapons manufactured, 1st in weapons owned, and 1st in gun deaths. the UN assumed that if western countries like the US are so interested in peace and economic stability, they would be able to limit their sales of weapons to areas of the world where there is constant war and death....they were wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I suspect this thread will be closed in the not to distant future, but one must note all the stars received by the OP, meaning there must be forum members in agreement...
I'd guess some did not read past the title and maybe a paragraph or so.

ATS is a community of not so like minded individuals sometimes. That is one of our strengths, it's called 'debate'.
My responses here are typically tempered with absorbing the World News and memory of past or impending events. I try to make 'level headed' replies.
Certainly not everyone sees the 'Cosmos' the way I do. I am 61 years old, and have seen quite a few re-runs in life.
Some here love sensationalism, while some are grounded in the available 'facts'
There is no 'foul' here, only opinions. "ATS is sick" .............. no, I think ATS is just functioning as usual in a sea of different opinions and cultures. One gets to thinking that ATS is a USA populated forum, but you must remember our forum is 'Worldwide' and not everyone thinks 'American' not even all Americans think or agree on the events taking place.
Your opinion is valued, and sometimes we as a whole need to rein in our 'knee-jerk' thinking and responses.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

ATS is a community of not so like minded individuals sometimes. That is one of our strengths, it's called 'debate'. My responses here are typically tempered with absorbing the World News and memory of past or impending events. I try to make 'level headed' replies. Certainly not everyone sees the 'Cosmos' the way I do. I am 61 years old, and have seen quite a few re-runs in life. Some here love sensationalism, while some are grounded in the available 'facts' There is no 'foul' here, only opinions. "ATS is sick" .............. no, I think ATS is just functioning as usual in a sea of different opinions and cultures. One gets to thinking that ATS is a USA populated forum, but you must remember our forum is 'Worldwide' and not everyone thinks 'American' not even all Americans think or agree on the events taking place. Your opinion is valued, and sometimes we as a whole need to rein in our 'knee-jerk' thinking and responses.

That is indeed the case. While the majority of the membership is indeed from the U.S., there is still a very large number from all over the globe. Most of whom will have differing opinions about matters of any sort. Some would disagree that the sky is blue...assuming for the moment it is...

Opinions are like, well you know... Everyone's got one. Our task here is to be willing to listen to them. Agree if you want...certainly disagree if you want. Disagreeing doesn't make one evil, just as agreeing doesn't put one on the side of the angels...or the reverse.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I agree with OP

This place is really not different from mainstream media and tabloids
Just look at most of the home page topics at any time. Nothing but negative, Fear mongering, brainwashing threads/posts.

And im not saying everything posted here are BS but a lot of people seem to get fact
confused with opinion.

edit on 26-3-2013 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

In the past few weeks I've seen a few threads that were laughable.
One was someone saying there was a lizard on Mars. It was a rock.
Constant posting of Sorcha Fail articles.

I see what you mean. But our jobs as good members is to go into those threads and debunk them as best we can with evidence.

This problem has always been around. And will continue to be around.
it happens.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I really dont like how you threw all of ATS into the paranoid, delusional group. Hell i didnt even respond to that thread, nor do I go out on a limb to try and prove my point when responding to a thread, I simply respond either by a fact, or respond to a thread based on how i interperate that thread, and usually stay the heck away from the threads that have a ton of bickering going on back and forth. I like the threads that actually have merit, facts, scientific basis, and also like the threads like Ufos, and Crypto, so I can endulge in this with opinion and not have to state a fact. Really not cool to say that ATS is sick, especially while your a member

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well from the posting that you made apparently you are not aware of the way things work in either the US or with the UN. Treaties that are made, can not be done so, at the whim of what seems like the best idea at the time. Thoughts about what the long term ramifications have to be given.

In the US, treaties can not be enforced unless it is by the will of the people through the US Congress. If the Senate turns it down, then it can not pass. And right now, gun control is a hot topic, with both sides lining up. Nor did you take into consideration that those who voted against said treaty, did such for political pandering, and in an attempt to remain where they are currently sitting.

The UN is an organization that is long past its prime, that much is certain, with no more authority to do anything without the backing of the players of the world and countries willing to give it what it needs to do. Ultimately it can not enforce or use force with out the expressed permission of the member states. Treaties are like most laws and sometimes they are either badly written or have other things in them that would violate laws on the part of the country that votes against it, or does not have its interest at heart.

But here is the question that should also be answered, if they had enacted this treaty, how much more trouble would the economy be in, after all right now firearms are one of the most lucrative businesses around the world, would you further cripple more economies for the sake of a treaty when the country needs all of the income it can get, or would you prefer to wait till things cool down, the economies are back and healthy and then try to pass this?

I do not trust the UN, it has not done much in recent years and like most governments needs an overhaul, as it is about as effective as giving an ox the title of bull, thankful for the title, but would rather have what makes a bull a bull.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
as meatloaf said...i would do anyyything for the gov, but i wont state factsss, oh wait no.. that was the OP.
but really, coming and making a thread putting us all down, on a conspiracy froum no less, is rather rude and since youre a member as well, are you sick too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join