It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is sick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm aware of the hit-list thread mentioned in the OP.

Yes, I said Hit-List.

I call it a hit-list thread because, well, it IS a hit-list.
I see a long list of names with political affiliation attached, coupled with emotionally charged vindictive calling for 'action', using buzz-words like 'Traitor'.

Some lunatic fringe nutters can certainly get some ideas about taking the law into their own hands with validating support like that on the internet to spur them on.

Hit-List threads like that are, in my opinion, irresponsible.
For one, starting such a thread certainly gets an asterisk next to one's name on the "persons of interest" list.
Calling lawfully elected officials traitors? Right. That's the behavior of someone totally sane all right.
Usually the first chicken that clucks is the one that lays the egg, in which case, the hit-list makers are the ones that need be worried about.

All this militancy is troubling.
Militancy in itself has a tendency to develop into self fulfilling prophecy. Waco anyone?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Ah yea friend, I hit your link and it came up NO DOCUMENT MATCHING YOUR REQUEST oe something like that...did I miss something or are you making this up on the fly?
Dont jerk me around without my medicine. Just answer the question

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

***ATTENTION***

No more personal insults or attacks please. ATS is an internet forum - not any one of us so the OP cannot, by definition, insult anybody here.

Please refrain from the vitriol. Thanks.

Hefficide

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The problem I had with the thread is they were saying "treason" (aiding an enemey) when I think they meant to say "sedition" (subverting the government). So considering they couldn't the lingo correct I just moved on without saying anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
So you are saying that most of ATS is..."largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed."

You have such negative and low opinions of most of us...I really do not want to study nor learn from someone who seems to think they are so superior to the majority here on ATS.

If you were really a wise person...you would have created this thread with a wide and compassionate understanding of the wonderful diversity here on ATS...and that we all are doing our best to learn and grow.

You certainly don't believe we are capable of much...but you are wrong!...

edit on 25-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

If I had been given your gift for linguistic articulation, I would have long since ruled the world.

Yes that is jealousy, I always find your statements to be so well stated. Instead my irish gets up, and I make a rather large ass of myself, as my anger instinct overrides my logic center.

It is quite embarassing somtimez....meh what does one do?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mpacc

The senate would vote to approve voting in favor of the UN small arms treaty in the UNSC.

The numbered points become binding under international law, however, they do not have jurisdiction over the US judiciary, and US legislation.

In theory they become binding, in reality, it is complicated, by the ability to enforce even these points, which do not restrict legal small arms ownership domestically, is tentative if not non-existent.

They vote on it, simply because it is better to be seen doing something, than nothing, and because, despite its lack of authority, it still has some impact, which is better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It was my fault heff, sorry man. No need to yell at all the kids when I know I was wrong. I apologised to the op already, but this lacks the necessary restraint and adult composure expected here.

I will take time and not post further until my attitude is back where it belongs on a forum such as this.

Sorry man......

link   
reply to post by caladonea

No I don't think ATS is capable of much. It is proven time and time again that many members on these boards enjoy sensationalist news pieces but are too lazy to do any critical research themselves.

I also generalise in the original post. I don't apologise for this, because I see it as the prevailing trend. Despite teh fact that there are many insightful and bright members on these forums, I rarely see their voice amongst the majority of "internet experts".

Lastly, I don't intend for my posts to be offensive and I don't apologise if they are. I intend for them to be honest, and pardon the cliche. Sometimes, the truth hurts. Lastly, if this struck such a cord with any members who viewed this thread that they felt they had to go on the defensive, I suggest the reflect internally on their own habits and see if they fit into the category of ignorance I described.

I may be a cynical, but at least I'm not trying to BS you. I think that is unappreciated on these forums. There are too many rosy petals and pats on the shoulders, not enough cold honesty.

link   

Well regardless the Senate voted it down by a bakers dozen. But it did appear to concern transfer and sell of weapons by ANYONE

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why not post this in the original thread?

All views are welcome....

Wait...Is this a thread about a thread?

No one is sick here OP, we are only searching for answers, justice, and the right to be free. Without intrusive parties seeking to strip our freedoms - one by one.

What's wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Congrats....Didn't think anyone could nail me in one rantish post
I think however you're using too big a brush here! Yes there are the fools and acrobats, not to mention the myopic and the overall twats but there are some very cool people on this here site
People who deliver well thought out, well researched and provocative arguments and material. I guess some days are just frustrating beyond words and all are seen as fools and acrobats

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Thank you for your response...it clarifies more of who you are...how you handle things...and what you stand for. (end of sarcasm)

edit on 25-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I guess I didn't connect with your handle soon enough
I do like your approach here however...A tad of honesty goes a long way in my world regardless of viewpoint

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have made many friends here. Of course, all is not rose petals and pats on the back. I've seen the pain of people losing their homes, their families. their very lives to terminal illness. Sometimes the thin thread of connecting here, is the only thing that holds some people through those hard, sad times.

I've seen the celebrations of life in photos of newborns, and relieved announcements of new and better times. To me, this is more than an internet forum. It's a place to feel. Freely feel a part of something bigger than myself. Bigger than what I see outside my window.

I've visited other Countries through members here, learning more of their homeland and culture, than anything I could have learned from a book, or classroom. I have been Blessed in many ways here.

I would hope, that you too...have come away with some of the good of this place, some of the connectedness that makes us a community...much more than just another internet forum.

I had to say this....it's just one of those times...I had to say it.

Des

edit on 25-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The forum you have subscribed to rant your views spells it out for you:

US Political Madness: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

To the thread you had a problem with:

Outside legal spheres, the word "traitor" may also be used to describe a person who betrays (or is accused of betraying) their own political party, nation, family, friends, ethnic group, team, religion, social class, or other group to which they may belong. Often, such accusations are controversial and disputed, as the person may not identify with the group of which they are a member, or may otherwise disagree with the group leaders making the charge. See, for example, race traitor.

At times, the term "traitor" has been used as a political epithet, regardless of any verifiable treasonable action. In a civil war or insurrection, the winners may deem the losers to be traitors. Likewise the term "traitor" is used in heated political discussion – typically as a slur against political dissidents, or against officials in power who are perceived as failing to act in the best interest of their constituents. In certain cases, as with the German Dolchstoßlegende, the accusation of treason towards a large group of people can be a unifying political message.

Treason

I see nothing wrong with your "rant", but as it is a "rant" it should be labeled as such.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thanks OP. One thing everyone should keep in mind is that no one really knows. Everyone should realize we are all here becuase were all caring individuals that want to know the truth.

There is no Right or Wrong Answers. Democrats and Republicans are just as corrupt.

So lets all just get along and respect each others opinions.
edit on 26-3-2013 by mpacc because: Question was answered

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Treaty of Versailles. Research it OP. Btw I am new here and don't fully understand where you are coming from. But from what I CAN tell, you're basically calling people that don't agree with you delusional and paranoid. So if I were to say "gun control supporters are sick, delusional and paranoid people" with no facts or evidence to back that, I'd probably look as ignorant as you do right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
One, how did the OP know I had a cold?

and two, did I give it to everyone else? (I sneezed on the screen yesterday, sorry)
edit on 25-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, ATS'ers are "sick, delusional and paranoid people", Are they?

Well, THANKS, Obama!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join