It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!!!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm really fed up with fringe truthers. Ufo'ers, etc. In this opening post, granted, I speak not of those like the ufo "old guard" who yearned for grants. Funding.
So, there was this kinda newagey guy on a certain overnight broadcast show, going on about all the matters I had agreed with, had come to conclude on my own. ( Ufos, the state of our matrix,) and I sent him a not long communique, saying how I and why I was in situations where I experienced certain tings first hand, up close and personal. He comes back, basically, Thanks, heres the link to buy my book. Nnnnnnno curiosity, none.
Excuse me, Hawkers Of Wares, I don't need your book, nor your dvds, nor your $400 flying saucer mythos course. I've been where you only DREAM (and probably weave your profitable fiction around.)
None of them are interested in the human condition aspect of this, oh you're a troubled abductee, oh you're different after military hospitalization, stay away from my meetup, by the way, we have our middle class couples with their lawyer jobs and their lights in the sky, and don't call us, we'll call you. Oh you have hard documentation, I'm not interested, it might get me in trouble, as opposed to the stuff floating around out there, thats not as, ya know, "real".
Oh and don't forget to make reservations for our gathering of the usual speakers in the hiarchy of the subculture, With their college degrees, no close encounters, annnnnnnnnd
wares to hawk.
Why do internet and broadcast shows only have people on with wares to hawk? Versus people with no wares to hawk? By the way.

Please don't defend all them with, "there are just too many people who want at them, so they have to be curt and dismissive." I'm not in the mood to hear it. There is something else going on, too.

Man, I'm feeling horrendously disillusioned just now. Thats all.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I would LOVE to hear more of what you have to tell about your experiences. Only, of course, if you're comfortable doing so. And I swear I'm not hawking anything. Just genuinely interested.

And I certainly have to agree that today's ufologists seem to be nothing more than traveling salesmen peddling their snake oil.
edit on 25-3-2013 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I would have to write a book! Then after you purchase it on Amazon (only $17.00) talk to me, baby.

Just kidn. I have thought long and hard about showing my stuff on the forum. It's alot for a chat post. (OMG)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This too shall pass...

I am here for you, honestly.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Especially since it's free and ETs are from moneyless societies. All it takes is a good heart and reporting for duty. Anyone can meditate under the stars, they don't need to join an expensive group.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And yet in the case of open-source, free software, there is stiff competition among programmers who get no money for their efforts. Sometimes others take credit without having contributed anything. Still others sell free software made by others on eBay, with the actual maker of the software getting nothing. And some who have no programming ability threaten hostile takeover an open-source freeware project. And people say all that's okay.

So couldn't it be that some people in ufology do the work and what money they do make just helps support those efforts? Or that some people do research at their own expense without expecting to recoup a dime of it? Think about the cost of lab work for physical trace cases or filling FOIA requests, which sometimes requires going to court.

Sure, there are money-grubbing charlatans galore, and I want them to stop it, but not everyone in the field is like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
See, it's not just about me and my stories. I've seen people come in here and post about up close and personal reptilians, even, which is more than I can say. But you will not.......hear them on like, Coast To Coast, with the host all ears, and, "you have the floor and the spotlight" because they are not a published author nor accomplished speaker, nor made a celebrity by the "mainstream" media. And if they don't know the right person, it ain't happenin. A chat forum is not adequet for some of you, I know this, and so do you. I don't have a good answer, though, just venting, is all. I never was good at problem solving, I'm one of those intuitives, not an anal. (Per that other thread,..)
edit on 25-3-2013 by Eedjee because: x

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Especially since it's free and ETs are from moneyless societies. All it takes is a good heat and reporting for duty. Anyone can meditate under the stars, they don't need to join an expensive group.

Gold-pressed latinum (GPL).
Surely you've heard of it.
And no, I didn't call you Shirley.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Actually no I havent, but will say this, that moneyless societies are what eutopias are based upon, and there simply is no need for slavery or abuse of anyone. The Venus Project is a type of look at how its done, though not sure how that would work when there has to be many leaders, ie the people need to gain those skills and compassion, and leadership, problem solving, so that they'e not under elite councils or anyones thumbs.

Since so few are taking this step, forming local groups, and becoming the first level of government, deprogramming and dropping right and left paradigm ISMS for both freedom and equality are needed, its the slavery and monopolies that aren't. So that doesnt seem to be happening here, at least yet, and so it remains next steps for those trying to progress, to be learnt on other levels for them.

Those ETs that deal with concrete things, such as gold, are actually not the eutopia guys, or the equality guys either. They're the ones that toppled past cycles here.

And I'm not shirely. I have yet to actually buy one of her books too. But someone did tell me that she was only other person that they had heard of that shared in some book or in some interview even, about help and monitoring during long distance driving and what happened while driving the car, after I was sharing some of my experiences. Which was interesting to me.

People have had abductions while driving, so to make this clear I was sharing protection while long distance driving over mountain passes, really frightened, white knuckles gripping the wheels, precious kids onboard, and even having help directly where I was not driving the car but being shown how to take these corners very well.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Those ETs that deal with concrete things, such as gold, are actually not the eutopia guys, or the equality guys either. They're the ones that toppled past cycles here

I am totally onboard with that. I believe they are involved with being behind the central transnational banks cabals.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

I'm here to criticize and question.
This usually makes people upset since they attach emotional investment to these silly little words on a screen.

I'm in agreement about all the charlatans wanting money.
Want money? ah, well, that's immediate grounds for disqualification.

Personal testimony absent verifiable nonambiguous documented evidence is also mostly worthless.
Share your story all you want, but, if I've an itch to, I'll ask some critical questions, and put your entire 'experience' into question as being what you think you thought you experienced.
That's the nature of criticism and critical thinking.
Don't expect everyone to buy whatever song and dance you peddle, even if it's free.
Inquisition with high prejudice should be expected and automatic when it comes to fantastic stories, because, as the saying goes, fantastic claims require fantastic evidence (and equally fantastic criticism).

That's if I've a mind or interest to be critical, so, fire away.
Perhaps another evil villainous skeptic will come along and ask questions if I don't.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

A couple of times I began to hammer out on the looking glasses I went through, but each time it turned into a growing blob. I don't have the smoking gun proof of aliens you seek anyway. I also have nothing to sell in that regard, and wont.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, I have decided to make it all pretty simple, if I understand the gist of this thread. I believe if your mind can conceive of it (being anything), it is possible to duplicate it. Like aliens. I don't know if there are aliens, but sometimes the argument for their existence is plausible, likewise with zombies, angels, niibiru, conspiracies,etc....., I just don't take it seriously til there is proof.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

I think the ufology people who do their travelling sales, for example, etcetera, should use their profits to do things like purchase expensive infrared equipment, and gather under big night skies, take photos, pay the objective professional analyzers. Practical........stuff like that, and then I wouldn't feel so miffed. But one should have a 'day job' for spending on the family and the individual.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee

Why do internet and broadcast shows only have people on with wares to hawk? Versus people with no wares to hawk?

That's because the hawkers use these shows as a platform to sell their wares, and the shows use the hawkers to fill up airtime.

It is a tried and tested business model, you create your masterpiece, get a press agent, who books you in for a few shows, and the product launch is in motion.

Don't think radio show, think business.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The ufol'ers are the aliens!

edit on 26-3-2013 by Eedjee because: x

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

I get the feeling you killed this thread, but you sure made me happy. Thanks man it was worth a laugh!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

Mo Money?

Gimmegimmegimme!

You probably get a lot of stories after being on a Radio Show.
Some of which may not be of interest to you.
I don't know your story, but just because I take an interest in fringe topics, doesn't mean I'm
interested no matter what.
I realize you're disappointed, but it's no big deal, and his reaction is really quite understandable to be honest.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I could write a rip snorting book that would even make Drucillia seriously contemplate the existence of "something else"
I'm also a pretty good public speaker, and a dam fine musician.. man i could tour the world and never have to pay for a thing ever again (honestly.. i could.. if i was in the "in crowd")

But... that isn't what it's really about.

For one.. i'd be askewing readers personal truths to my own beliefs, i want folks to realize things not have me spoon feed them my ideals.. Cult's are never good either.. and many of these "Authors" also have some form of a cult following after a book or two, once they are in the inner circle.. those folks tend to prop each other up... hence how we get crazy things like that UFO war last year... man that was fun to watch as they all jumped on the wagon for a new spin and another tour.. almost.. every one of them.

In short.. whilst some may have seen something, felt something.. they are no different than the next CT site poster.. only they see $$ where we see truth... were we try to understand, they want you to believe.. and send more $$ if you do.

I have often said... in today's age of the .pdf there is no reason to charge for knowledge is it's of "so much importance to the human race" .. and such, if it's so important a find.. then.. digitize it and make it viral.. don't waste time on publishers and pulp.. shipping.. delays.. all for a buck. but there's 0 profit in that... that tells me it's not all that important then huh.. and it certainly has nothing to do with aliens or undeniable truths.

They see the Con, and want in.. if their lucky, before long they'll be Camelot-ed and Jones'd for all to see.. may even get to tour with a David or two..
if they really lucky.. some Blake guy will do a special on his utube channel too.. further reinforcing the new "chapter" in the lie.

The Truth is out there.... but you wont hear it from these fools

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join