It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

408 error many times today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

im getting 408 error many times over the last 24-48 hours,
its on ats only,
and im woundering if anythings changed on your end?

thanks in advance xp

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I would say its probably a remote ad server causing ATS not to load. Its either that or the ATS server is busy. I am more inclined to feel its an ad server causing the issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Whatever it is, I'm getting sick of it. If the adds are screwing up the works, get rid of them or use advertising companies that can advert without ruining the site.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I have had recent problems with slow internet connection. The problem was investigated by my ISP and found cause by a problem in phone network somewhere. When it was slow i was getting the 408.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by XPLodER

I have had recent problems with slow internet connection. The problem was investigated by my ISP and found cause by a problem in phone network somewhere. When it was slow i was getting the 408.

the connection is at its normal speed and the latency is normal,
ping 255 ms

408 is my end but i cant find whats causing it ???????

its ats only

xploder

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
I would say its probably a remote ad server causing ATS not to load. Its either that or the ATS server is busy. I am more inclined to feel its an ad server causing the issue.

i have tried blocking all ad servers temporarily and still having issues,
nothing strange on wire shark that i can find, no recent browser updates,

its odd

xploder

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Have you cleared cookies, history, cache? I just had to do so because my FF was loading funny. If your O/S has upgraded recently there can be latency based conflicts with old stored info. It's worth a try.

FTR I haven't had any time-outs today... not even when I was downloading 140 Mb of updates on this sorry AT&T DSL connection.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

i clear cookies daily but will give it a try,

im off for dinner so i will try again in a few hours

xploder

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I have been getting the same error message for a week. A few times a day.
It drives me crazy. It doesn't take a second for the error message to appear so I don't get the timed out thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I have been getting these recurring errors too. It's probably the Aliens trying to tap into our information. But seriously I think it is an http error one of the Admins probably made. Should be fixed soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Check your internet security settings, if you use windows make sure the zones are where they need to be. Clear page history to zero bump that cache setting to the max, find the secure socket setting clear that. Open advanced and click clear on exit. Update your browser. Open your windows firewall and delete everything in it with permissions allowed, then click set to default.

If you're not on windows get UFW fire wall...its built into most packages but you have to turn it on, then set it up using a forum. Download bleachbit and use it.

I am going to assume your on a Windows machine though...the only error I have gotten from a server failure was because I have that particular server port blocked...I just hit back on the browser and try another link to avoid that port.

top topics

join