It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Interpret This For Me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Okay this isn't really a prediction or a prophesy, however I do feel it holds some special significance in my life, mods feel free to move if you will =D

Okay so this is basically it, I had a big long dream about all sorts, but when I woke up I remembered the most significant part of it, and now the only part of it I do remember, was this sword, it was sharpened to the tiniest fraction and gleaming in the sun and it had some kind of japanese or chinese symbol at the hilt, I was keeping it in a nice box like you would get a chain or a necklace in or something, a big long one with silk on the inside.
I was sitting on the roof of a building in the middle of the park in my town, with a few of my friends and just brandishing it in the sun. There were a few other scenelets of me walking around carrying the sword and I can just remember how bright it was!
But I never used it for violence or anything, I just marvelled at it and I just cant stop thinking about it and trying to draw it and its been like 2 weeks so I am convinced this has some special importance

Please anyone who knows about dream interpretations or anything like that could you let me know the significance of a straight, shining sword, katana btw, with a blue handle and an orient-like symbol at the very base of the blade. Thankyou

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

Maybe you sense an upcoming conflict and your subconscious mind is preparing you for it. Or maybe the zombie apocalypse is coming and you need to find this sword to defend yourself against the undead hordes.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Maybe the sword isn't the most important thing in your dream. You mentioned a few of your friends. Maybe your subconscious is trying to warn you about them.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
sword = phallic symbol

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Due to the phallic symbolic nature of the sword, would you like to continue this?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
sword = phallic symbol

Damn, I thought I was going to be the first to say it lol. Although I doubt that this is the case this time, it may find relevance.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Are you seeing a new person, someone that you consider special, worth showing off, and very sharp, someone to be respected while admired?

It seems like if you're in a relationship, a side one may start, or a new relationship will start. The importance of having this item in your hand and you brandishing it makes me think this new subject is going to be very attractive to you.

TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID PHALLIC SYMBOL!
edit on 25-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: i tried not to be a perv and i got the answer wrong

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The hilt represented the unknown in your life. You don't know what the symbol is or even the language which demonstrates the mystery of you. The blade is a reflection of your soul. It's brightness reflects that. This is why the sword is not used for harm and the reason you treated it with utmost care.
At least this is how I interpreted your dream.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To dream that you are wielding a sword represents your strength, ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and willpower. You are looking to hold a position of prestige, authority, and distinction.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I may have some insights to offer, but first I ask a little clarification from you.
1) How do you identify, gender-wise?
2) You said that this was a small part of a long dream. Do you recall any other particularly vivid themes, sights, or feelings from the dream?

edit on 25-3-2013 by Nirvana999 because: edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
could be that your dream-self is manifesting a response to, perhaps, a subconscious sense of vulnerability, providing a security and defence for yourself and your friends?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Are you male or female? And of what orientation.

The concepts of it being a phallic symbol are pretty accurate and the adornment of it and the awe that you held is important too.

If you are male, it signifies a sexual attraction to someone that you want to "share your body part" with. If you are female, it signifies the adoration of the owner of the "body part".

Either way, it does seem to be sexual in nature and a desire for love as well as lust concerning an individual that you hold in high esteem.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A sword is a powerful symbol of truth, honor, and power. Remember that the Knights of the Round Table (Arthur and his friends) used their swords in the service of truth and for the good of all.

Just because an object (sword or even a gun) is capable of killing, in truth it is an object of workmanship and like any tool should be handled with care and respect and appreciation for what it represents. It should be kept in fine working order, and carried with pride and used only when necessary and only when the circumstances demand it. Till then, wisely cherish the power it represents. (Your dream contained symbolic acts of this in that you polished it, sharpened it, and appreciated it.)

In your dream, you were with your friends high atop a building overlooking a park. Buildings symbolize foundations in life. The types of buildings have individual meaning, i.e., churches/spiritual, government building/authority and organization, fortress/outside influences.

I think perhaps you are assessing your position among this group or a representative group.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I would guess the theme about your dream is "power / control". What it means only you could tell.

The way I usually do to interpret a dream is write a bunch of words that come to your mind after you have the dream. Usually the elements in your dream are stuff you did see or read in the day before the dream but its hard to tell for what purpose these elements were being used by your brain. Think it was a little child who has word/images to play around and trying to tell a story instead LEGO pieces.
edit on 25/3/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What I gathered: the sword seems to be your inner stength. You know it's there, you see it but you don't know how to use it or access it yet. Seeing your friends on a rooftop maybe means you realize your close friends are very important to you. And you hold them above everything else, above the world.

I'm not any psychic or anything, just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by simplyLOVE
Okay this isn't really a prediction or a prophesy, however I do feel it holds some special significance in my life, mods feel free to move if you will =D

Okay so this is basically it, I had a big long dream about all sorts, but when I woke up I remembered the most significant part of it, and now the only part of it I do remember, was this sword, it was sharpened to the tiniest fraction and gleaming in the sun and it had some kind of japanese or chinese symbol at the hilt, I was keeping it in a nice box like you would get a chain or a necklace in or something, a big long one with silk on the inside.
I was sitting on the roof of a building in the middle of the park in my town, with a few of my friends and just brandishing it in the sun. There were a few other scenelets of me walking around carrying the sword and I can just remember how bright it was!
But I never used it for violence or anything, I just marvelled at it and I just cant stop thinking about it and trying to draw it and its been like 2 weeks so I am convinced this has some special importance

Please anyone who knows about dream interpretations or anything like that could you let me know the significance of a straight, shining sword, katana btw, with a blue handle and an orient-like symbol at the very base of the blade. Thankyou

king authur will return, Is there really a sword tho? The legend says he threw it into a lake where crystal claws took it. I a rough idea of what lake and if im right it will be accessible in the near future.

Anyways, symbolism of the end times no doubt.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirvana999

I'm male pansexual, so thats my orientation. Only ever been intimate with girls but i've had feelings towards guys before and i'm not afraid to admit it, though I dont think its a defining aspect of my personality, and I am mainly attracted to girls.

I do remember other sort of - clips but its was just scenes of me and my friends walking about my town with the sword, the only other thing i remember is feeling a sense that something happened to strengthen my relationship with my dad, but it was definately a side note to the main dream, I have read that swords can represent like, a son, and stuff to do with that but i dont feel that this is what the dream was talking about, and i already have a good relationship with my dad so.. And yeah as i said its been about 2 weeks now and when i first woke up from the dream i didnt consider it that important but i literally cant stop thinking about this sword, i reckon if there was anything else of major significance that it would have stuck in my mind as much as this sword has.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Also I cannot stress enough that it was in no way construed to be a weapon. More like a beautiful piece of jewellery.

The building I was sitting on was a kind of, public shelter which sits in the middle of the park in my town, here's a picture: www.geograph.org.uk...

A lot of my early teenage years were spent in, near or around this shelter (i'm 18 now) for a few summers me and all my friends from school went up there every single day and i had a lot of significant moments there. There's a public school and a private school in my town and this is where everyone who was friends with each other from the two schools would meet up to hang out. I don't know if this is important but i'm still friends with only about 10 of the 100 or so people from those days, and looking back i think they were all a bit shallow and immature, as was I at the time.

The people I was on the roof with were my three closest friends in the world, and I remember that the sword was mainly belonging to me, but i shared it willingly with them and passed it around to admire. And also, I explicitly noticed the sharpness and brightness of the sword as primary characteristics of it. The dream was not a dark one, infact it was very happy and uplifting, I say this because when i searched 'the significance of a sword in a dream" on google, most of the other dreams were like, battles and stuff like that with a dark theme to them and this was definately not what my dream was like.

Thanks so much for all the replies btw guys

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
1.Your dream was long, because America has been in existence for a long time.

2. The sword is the wealth of America. Something all the nations have marveled at in the past.

3. The sharpness of the blade indicates the power of this once great nation, and it's ability to trim even the poorest of nations of prosperity.

4. The sword gleams in the sun because of America's beauty, and awesome power.

5. There were Chinese symbols on the hilt because soon China will intervene in America to the extent that damage cannot be repaired/undone.

6. It is kept in a nice box made of silk. Some in America will remain in their financial positions, but "controlled". That is...kept in a nice silk box for presentation only.

7. You were on the roof, with friends..America and its people. "There were a few other scenelets of me walking around carrying the sword" ......The brightness, wealth, and importance [power] of America will never be forgotten.
[It will be remembered that some did resist]

8. The handle is blue because only one color remains for this once great nation. [there once were three].

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I believe that the sword may represent your manhood, something that you are well aware is awesome and beautiful and powerful. Your sword, like any sword, has the potential for violence, but you maintain perfect control of it and seem to be happily, even proudly, displaying it to your friends.

You mention you have found yourself attracted to guys but have only been intimate with girls. I think in this context, your dream goes deeper into your sexuality and suggests that you may have an attraction to one of the guys in your group of friends - maybe one of the guys that is Asian or has some characteristics resembling Asian men?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join