It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Flame all you want, but I don't think there's been a politician that has actually inspired me in my young life (I'm 28) until now. Ron started to, but when I started getting interested in/paying attention to politics about 10 years ago, I saw he had ran his course as far as having any chance at the WH and that his career was winding down, so I'm glad to have someone take his place whether it's his son or not.

So far Rand has done or at least tried to do everything he promised and has actually stood his ground and shown he's not afraid to take on anyone.

I'm posting this here to ask the supporters and detractors alike, do you think it's all a ploy for a Presidential run in 2016? Do you think he actually means what he says?

Personally I think part of it is definitely politics, because that's just politics, has been since its existence, but I also believe these are the things he really believes in, and unless something happens between now and the next election cycle he'll have my vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

If Rand ran, he would have my vote as of this moment. A lot could change in the next few years..but..

This is the guy that wants legislation passed to require bills to actually be read before they are passed.

This is the guy that had a large enough set to ask about the drones, and not stop until he got an answer.

This is the one of the few guys that actually seems to give a hoot about our constitution, especially our second amendment.

So as of this moment, this is the guy that has my vote.
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Not only did Ron Paul have a chance, he was set to win Iowa until there was an all out media blitz against him.

To the point where the Governor of the state went on TV and told people to vote for anyone BUT Ron Paul...

He was set to become our next President and the establishment was terrified.

Rand Paul will also be attacked and ridiculed by the establishment. Its already begun.

This time, dont give up so easily.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Rand Paul is TPTB's answer to Ron Paul as most americans will confuse the two. Expect many Ron Paul clones to come in the future that are very bad men.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Both Rand and Ron Paul are racists imo.

newsone.com...

But I do support Rand on his stance against corporate welfare.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Ummm...Rand???
The same guy who sold out his too good to be true honest politician daddy Dr.Ron Paul?
Give me a break, you are speaking out of your Carrey hole.
Rand paul, look at his track record now and tell me he is the good guy.
I'll bet you did not even know who he was until his filibuster?
They planned that you know.

(Edit)
Kool-aid drinkers...
edit on 25-3-2013 by g146541 because: ...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ron Paul was the most honest politician we could have had as our nations represenative.

Instead-we got Obama.

Obama is no Paul-and lies through his teeth whenever it suits his agenda. Yet we still got Obama

Rand Paul made a name for himself with that fillibuster that he didnt have before hand. It is up to Rand to forever live up to his own making, its up to him to stay true from here on out or people will throw him to the fire.
He impressed me- he showed more in that 14 hours than Obama has his entire presidency to date.

Politicians that SHOW what they are all about by sticking their necks out in order to get answers deserve more credit than those in charge who make deals behind everyones back.

Politicians that actually speak the will of the people deserve all the light that is shined upon them.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think a lot of people don't want to settle for a "lesser of two evils". Honestly, I think Rand Paul is still a "lesser of two evils", that's what both my gut and my mind are saying. However, that being said, with Rand in there would still be a bit of good 'ol Ron influence, as well as, likely, a good deal of "proper" (informed) grass-root support.

I would not make it a habit of voting lesser-evil, but if I absolutely had to once in my life, yeah, it would probably be with Rand. (this is not a commitment btw
)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

newsone.com...

Did you actually read your link? It amazes me how some people are so closed minded that they do not stop and actually think about something.

Being against the Civil Rights Act does not make you a racist. I realize that is what you are taught to believe, but open your mind for one moment and actually THINK.

The Civil Rights Act did not abolish racism. It did not simply make it go away. What it did do was HIDE racism. It took racism and put it in a closet- the old "out of sight, out of mind" theory. If the Civil Rights Act actually abolished racism in any way- it would not be an issue today. It would be something we never have to discuss. It would be a thing of the past but instead it is still a relevant issue today. So the proof is in the pudding, the Civil Rights Act did not abolish racism.

The problem with creating legislation with no thought of the future is that the legislation becomes outdated and worthless. Back in the 1950's a store owner could hang a sign in his window that said, "We don't serve coloreds". Do you think a person can do that today? Truth is, racist people in this world are a minority. If a shop owner were to hang that sign up today, he would probably return to his store the next day to find it burned to the ground. Open racism is not tolerated today. You will be shamed out of business by the outrage of the population.

I personally believe you can hate who you want to hate. For any stupid reason you want to hate them. Want to hate blacks? Go ahead! Want to hate midgets? Fine by me! Hang all the signs you want at your business and broadcast it to the world. As the consumer I have a right to simply not spend my money at your store because it is owned by a racist. That would be much better than the way business works today. Today, you have no idea who is racist- and chances are you are spending your money there and keeping them in business. I believe consumers should be empowered. They should have this type of information and be allowed to think for themselves.

I once worked at a club that increased the cover charge and drink prices for back people. Security would follow them around and they were harassed and made to feel as uncomfortable as possible to discourage black people from coming in. It worked well... meanwhile you also got all their money by increasing prices- and no one ever figured it out. Want to know who also was the Manager who created such a policy? He was a black man.

Going back to your article, did you notice what that was? It says, "Opinion: Rand Paul, like Father like racist Son". Notice the very first word in that title. Opinion, not Fact. It is simply the opinion of someone backed by very little information just "he's against the Civil Rights Act" which I explained above, and "he knows a racist". Which is an even sillier argument since everyone knows a racist. I know Whites who hate Blacks, I know Blacks who hate Blacks, I know Blacks who hate Whites, I know Blacks who hate Latinos, Latinos who hate Whites, and Whites who hate Arabs. I think you would be hard pressed to find a single person in this world who does not know a racist of some kind.

So when did opinion become fact?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Please this crap still and....a link to an opinion page....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Rand has his very own lobbying group that is closely linked to Grover Norquist - who might well be the biggest problem in Washington.

I honestly think Rand has a potential of becoming the next POTUS - which means we'll have put a lobbyist directly into the White House - thus totally eliminating the middle man. It's Wal Mart philosophy applied to government.

Sorry to say it, but Rand Pauls history shows that Rand Paul looks out for Rand Paul - just like every leech in Washington does. Sure, he'll play the good guy, for awhile. But once he's won enough voters over and gotten higher office? He'll take advantage just like all of the others do.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by olaru12

Please this crap still and....a link to an opinion page....

Do you know what imo means? IN MY OPINION, Rand and Ron Paul are racist; Even so I could vote for them if they support a platform I agree with. Slight chance of that happening but it could happen if they jerk back the corporate welfare state.

But both Ron and Rand are politicians; politicians aren't known for having a close association with the truth. I don't think the Pauls are any exception.
edit on 25-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

newsone.com...

Did you actually read your link? It amazes me how some people are so closed minded that they do not stop and actually think about something.

Being against the Civil Rights Act does not make you a racist. I realize that is what you are taught to believe, but open your mind for one moment and actually THINK.

The Civil Rights Act did not abolish racism. It did not simply make it go away. What it did do was HIDE racism. It took racism and put it in a closet- the old "out of sight, out of mind" theory. If the Civil Rights Act actually abolished racism in any way- it would not be an issue today. It would be something we never have to discuss. It would be a thing of the past but instead it is still a relevant issue today. So the proof is in the pudding, the Civil Rights Act did not abolish racism.

The problem with creating legislation with no thought of the future is that the legislation becomes outdated and worthless. Back in the 1950's a store owner could hang a sign in his window that said, "We don't serve coloreds". Do you think a person can do that today? Truth is, racist people in this world are a minority. If a shop owner were to hang that sign up today, he would probably return to his store the next day to find it burned to the ground. Open racism is not tolerated today. You will be shamed out of business by the outrage of the population.

I personally believe you can hate who you want to hate. For any stupid reason you want to hate them. Want to hate blacks? Go ahead! Want to hate midgets? Fine by me! Hang all the signs you want at your business and broadcast it to the world. As the consumer I have a right to simply not spend my money at your store because it is owned by a racist. That would be much better than the way business works today. Today, you have no idea who is racist- and chances are you are spending your money there and keeping them in business. I believe consumers should be empowered. They should have this type of information and be allowed to think for themselves.

I once worked at a club that increased the cover charge and drink prices for back people. Security would follow them around and they were harassed and made to feel as uncomfortable as possible to discourage black people from coming in. It worked well... meanwhile you also got all their money by increasing prices- and no one ever figured it out. Want to know who also was the Manager who created such a policy? He was a black man.

Going back to your article, did you notice what that was? It says, "Opinion: Rand Paul, like Father like racist Son". Notice the very first word in that title. Opinion, not Fact. It is simply the opinion of someone backed by very little information just "he's against the Civil Rights Act" which I explained above, and "he knows a racist". Which is an even sillier argument since everyone knows a racist. I know Whites who hate Blacks, I know Blacks who hate Blacks, I know Blacks who hate Whites, I know Blacks who hate Latinos, Latinos who hate Whites, and Whites who hate Arabs. I think you would be hard pressed to find a single person in this world who does not know a racist of some kind.

So when did opinion become fact?

I like the fact that my kids can go to the top public school in my area. Remove the Civil Rights Act, and I'm almost positive that they would be denied a chance at that education. Ron nor Rand have my approval if they think that each State should have a legal stance in denying education to children based off of their race.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Rand may not be his father, and he may be part of a 2-faced political party, but he is a huge step in the right direction compared to any other politican in the limelight at the moment.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Rand Paul = Just another nut job who doesn't stand a chance in any general election. Go ahead, GOP, nominate this guy for President. Keep that 'winning' streak going.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think he means what he says, just like his father. Let's face it. Our government is run by the elitists. None of them give a damn about our schools or children, about the true welfare of the common man. Ron and Rand Paul do. I'm certain of it. I will be supporting Rand next election as I supported Ron for the past two. My only fear is that if we get someone of honor in the WH they will go the way of John Lennon, MLK, and so many others that have taken a stand for what is right for the world as a whole.

I admire Dr Martin Luther King Jr. He was a bold man. I believe the powers that be had him assassinated for fear of their loss of power. Obama IS NOT MLK. He's just another BS artist that talks a big game and does absolutely no good for anyone just like Bush, Chaney and the vast majority of politicians that somehow manage to get voted in. I'm tired of these egomaniacs dumping more and more money into military R and D, personal agendas, parties for big pharma and big oil and the banksters that contribute funds and media coverage to the benefit of no one but themselves. The children should always come first. Schools should have always been priority one, but they want generations of controllable sheep, so they cut education funding and fill our kids heads with garbage. I don't know what makes me more angry: The fact that they are more willing to fund war than education or the fact that the sheeple vote these A-holes in knowing that they are full of it, but they expect something to change.

What's that old quote? Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again...... and expecting a different result. We have the power to change this nation into something respectable again, but it's going to take more than Rand Paul. It's going to take all of us demanding a real change. There..... I'm off my soap box.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Brown vs the Board of Education took care of that long before CRA came around. Based on the Supreme Court's recognition that Plessy vs Ferguson (seperate but equal) proved unworkable.
The CRA and the VRA are both more problematic now and both were intended to be temporary. The idea that blacks need have their hand held by the federal government forever and for always is a myth propagated by "progressives" who believe that everyone of all races should serve the federal/corporate plantation.
Courageous Southern blacks changed the nation's attitudes/ideas about race. NOT the federal government. What they provided was an assist at best. A self serving assist.
The Pauls recognize that as do most who study and think on the subject in a critical manner.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Wait... this is the same Rand that endorsed Romney for president last year?
This is the same Rand that didn't endorse his own father, even though his own father stood on sound principles, and Romney stood on shady business practices and a handsome smile that never seemed to meet his eyes?
Rand screwed up the chance of me EVER voting for him when he catered to the establishment last year... my vote as of now will probably be the libertarian candidate. I think the last time I ever had any hope for anything to change in washington left after the RNC failed to nominate Ron Paul last year. If Rand would have just stuck to his guns... and would have listened a little farther than the 'anyone but Obama' campaign, then he may have had the foresight, but I think this will really hurt him when it comes to people that use common sense as their guide.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
I like the fact that my kids can go to the top public school in my area. Remove the Civil Rights Act, and I'm almost positive that they would be denied a chance at that education. Ron nor Rand have my approval if they think that each State should have a legal stance in denying education to children based off of their race.

I am sure you do like that aspect of what the Civil Rights Act accomplished. Who wouldn't? However, it is not exactly "equal" is it?

If I were a black man holding up my fist screaming "Black Pride", no one would think much of it... but let a White man do the exact same thing and he is a racist. We have things like the United Negro College Fund and people praise it, but what if there was an organization that only gave scholarships to White Students, well that would be racist.

All that being said, what makes you believe that your children would be denied an education based on race? That is an old school 1950's mentality. It would not happen today on a massive scale like it did back then. Racism was accepted back then by the masses, today it is not. If a principle, school board, school district were to deny a person of color an education based solely on race, people would be pissed off. Not just black people, but people of ALL colors. Perhaps you also were not aware that schools are no longer segregated. People go to public school based on their zip code, no matter what color they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

newsone.com...

But I do support Rand on his stance against corporate welfare.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

that has been explained over and over again, BUT let's just say that they are for arguments sake........if they are, they are racists who support equal rights and freedom for everyone no matter what their race is, and no matter what their sexual orientation is. that is hard to argue against.
edit on 27-3-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added

top topics

<<   2 >>

join