It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHOCKY - 1980s british kids tv show - SCARY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi ABTS

I share this as last night my subconscious reminded me of it

This was a programme broadcast on UK tv in the early 80s.

I remembered it and it scared me then and in my recollection.

Why would a 40 year old be afraid.

If you have never heard of this it was in the main stream UK child arena

I am asking to watch the programmes they are worth thinking about.. alien beings .. scouts from other worlds.. in the 80s ??

this is one episode of many

they fed this to 10 year old (me) in the ealry 80s

there are alot more episodes .. will do my own homework but welcome some support

Chocky episode 2

Brian

edit on 25-3-2013 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
actually... chocky is right about the car.

I could say a lot worse about damn ugly french cars...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd be more worried about the subliminal messages with Willy Wonka and his Chocolate Factory, some creepy old guy in a leisure suit gives you chocolate and you're supposed to go in his locked mansion and ride the elevator with him?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

did you watch the shows ? willy doesnt fear me either... do me a favour and watch some of the shows sober xx

chocky 3

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

I only watched the part you linked, but was there supposed to be something scary about it? Must just be a personal association from when you were a kid. Seems kind of funny, I might watch some more later.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
maan, that is a good show!

so how does it end? whos chocky, an alien
i thought it was a paranormal film.. but id say this is sci fi

and to the post above

weve all liked a willy wonka at one point
nearly went blined "watching" it too much lolol

edit on 25-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Seriously, I sometimes wish I had a better ear for British English (I'm American). Usually on these TV shows I can't make out a word they're saying. I have to turn off all distractions, put my headphones on, and still try to read their lips. Don't get me wrong: I love Brits, and I like many British TV shows. Just can't make out what the hell they're saying. I'll flag this for when I have some leisure time....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've never heard of this show before, probably as I am a resident of the United States and rather young (25) but it is intriguing. I see it is based on a novel published in 1968.

For those who are not familiar with the plot line, it is about a young boy who at first, his parents believe, is communicating with an imaginary friend but later find out he is receiving telepathic messages from an extraterrestrial consciousness that has been sent out on a scouting mission to find planets to colonize, which in turn becomes "of intense interest to shadowy government forces."

I can certainly see how it would scare some people while they were young, it has a rather unnerving feeling to it. And the TV shows "title image" shown on Wiki is very strange looking.

I also see that our favorite alien-related film director Mr. Steven Spielberg has acquired the rights in 2008 and wants to make a feature film based on it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm a kid of the 80's (born 1980), and I don't remember this show at all, weird.

The only two things that scared the poop out of me as far as TV/Films were concerned back then was Watership Down and the first Manga/Anime I seen, Warriors of the Wind.......

Gonna watch your YouTube link now.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i completely missed that one,the 80's uk tv had a fair few aliens tho,
and with recent developments i'm surprised more 40 somethings aren't
coming unraveled,not sure i could blame the 80's for my own tilt,but hey
i'll stick it in the bank for later use....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i totally remember Chocky, and Chocky's Children too. it was some spooky stuff... i aint gonna watch the vids now as it's bed time and i've already been on the cheese (of the "on toast" variety)

i very much support spooky kids tv too... one of my earliest memories of kids tv (mid 70's) was a show that i think was called "ludwig" some kind of stop motion-esque animation about creatures living in a strange world ruled by and egg or diamond that lived in the sky... i barely remember it, can find no trace of it online and whenever i bring it up, no one else knows what the heck i'm talking about.... i think it had a lot to answer for when i reached my teens, put it that way

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
first Manga/Anime I seen, Warriors of the Wind.......

Oh dear, that was a heavily butchered version of a very good anime, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Note that the old US release titled Warriors of the Wind is an entirely kiddiefied version which edits the original movie heavily, thus creating an entirely different story.
www.jamesaxler.com...

Watch the original - in fact, watch all of the Studio Ghibli movies for some quality entertainment.

Chocky is a classic SF story, written by a master. The UK made a lot of childrens SF in the 70's and 80's - do a search for chocky at amazon.co.uk and have a look at "Customers who bought items in your Recent History"
edit on 25-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I've got Nausicaa, I've just never got round to watching it.

It was when the big fire demon monster thingies are marching towards the screen that gave me uncomfortable dreams.
edit on 25/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I haven't seen this one but I've seen The Tomorrow People another show for British teens.The BBC started this with Doctor Who in 1963 - it's the longest running show in TV history. The BBC also did The Tomorrow People as mentioned, Blake's 7, Red Dwarf and a host of other popular TV shows about Aliens throughout the 60's 70 and 80. ie The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy and Torchwood of present day.

This has led me to speculate that the Queen is in fact a queen but of Alien Origin. She is preparing the minds of her subjects for the day when she will announce that yes, in fact, they will all be eaten to satisfy the hunger of her many children. Many of them don't even bother to hide their alien features... as in the case with dear Charles.

On hearing this news the Brits will simply say, "Oh what a cock up, Now there's no more time for tea and conkers.and I did want to catch the next Cricket match. Bugger it all. Right. We had better be getting over to the palace to do our duty" and off they go in typical British fashion. They do hope they will be tasty.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Sorry i half watched link and i can think of scarier 80`s kids programs like chorlton and the wheelies
youtu.be...

Dont know wether that worked all i saw was a really bad advert for a really s?@t car sorry lol

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That looks disturbing, but the show that really scared me as a kid was H.R. Pufnstuff

Witchy-Poo scared the crap outa me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The new generation of this is definitely the cat in the hat, it is teaching kids to go away with strangers, and helping pedos get kids to tell wild stories parents would never believe, but humor the child.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I haven't seen this one but I've seen The Tomorrow People another show for British teens.The BBC started this with Doctor Who in 1963 - it's the longest running show in TV history. The BBC also did The Tomorrow People as mentioned, Blake's 7, Red Dwarf and a host of other popular TV shows about Aliens throughout the 60's 70 and 80. ie The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy and Torchwood of present day.

This has led me to speculate that the Queen is in fact a queen but of Alien Origin. She is preparing the minds of her subjects for the day when she will announce that yes, in fact, they will all be eaten to satisfy the hunger of her many children. Many of them don't even bother to hide their alien features... as in the case with dear Charles.

On hearing this news the Brits will simply say, "Oh what a cock up, Now there's no more time for tea and conkers.and I did want to catch the next Cricket match. Bugger it all. Right. We had better be getting over to the palace to do our duty" and off they go in typical British fashion. They do hope they will be tasty.

Spiffing answer old bean! Now go back to breeding with your cousin

edit on 26-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Dude, being a 90s kid was the worst! 90s and early 00s are the only era where cartoons were full of boogers, blood and guts. Nickelodeon in the 90s was good, but some of that sh*t scared the crap out of me!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Seriously, I sometimes wish I had a better ear for British English (I'm American). Usually on these TV shows I can't make out a word they're saying. I have to turn off all distractions, put my headphones on, and still try to read their lips. Don't get me wrong: I love Brits, and I like many British TV shows. Just can't make out what the hell they're saying. I'll flag this for when I have some leisure time....

Lol i was about to say the same, got some words here and there, but missed most of whatever they said..

God am i stupid?

edit on 26-3-2013 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join