It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Predicts 10,000 Drones Could Be In the Skies By 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

FAA Predicts 10,000 Drones Could Be In the Skies By 2020

cnsnews.com

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) predicts 10,000 commercial drones could be in the skies by 2020 after guidelines are approved. For now, Congress has asked the FAA to write regulations on civil operation of small unmanned aircraft systems in the national airspace and submit them by 2015.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This isn't a surprise to me. Governments have always been the enemy of mankind. This is why the Founders tied the hands of Government with the Constitution.

The more the world becomes interconnected and global, the more threatened Government will feel and this will lead to the need of more control.

This is why I cringe when I hear people crying for more Government. My 4 year old nephew will not need Government in the same way as my 80 year old Aunt. Governments are an extension of a tribal mentality that we need to start to grow out of.

cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-3-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You mean they're going to give us, for free, 10,000 moving targets to practice our marksmanship skills on? That is so nice of them!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I predict that 7,000 Drones could be in the skies by 2021

I could be off a bit on the number.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Never thought I'd be witnessing the birth of SKynet in my lifetime. Oh well...... here we go ...front row seats.

Im sure many will be researching long range rifles and sharpen their aim after this.

I wonder if its possible to train hawks and eagles to do some of the dirty work. Either way its going to get EXTREMELY INTERESTING here in the next 10-20 years

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This was already posted a year ago, just a different number:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-3-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Go for it I have my slingshot right here. Everyone will not tolerate being watched like animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

This isn't a surprise to me. Governments have always been the enemy of mankind. This is why the Founders tied the hands of Government with the Constitution.

would you like to make some connection between drones and the enemy of mankind to explain this?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
10,000 Drones Could Be In the Skies By 2020

And not a single one will be used on the southern border!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This surely gives the name "Skynet" a whole new meaning...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

10,000 commercial drones

Commercial.

Then there's the military/FBI/CIA ones that aren't reported to the FAA

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
You mean they're going to give us, for free, 10,000 moving targets to practice our marksmanship skills on? That is so nice of them!

Living on a rather large tract of land int he country, if i see a drone violating my airspace at a reasonable distance, you're right, target practice commences.

The question becomes, at what point is the ceiling safe and legal, and what type (and how big) of drones?

For very small craft it'd be pretty low, due to other air traffic and air current.

I mean, how private are—and at what distance can i claim privacy in—the skies above my house?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Uhm, the military falls under the FAA too.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So long privacy. Gone are the days there was no such thing as a drone in the sky capable of filming everything you're doing, and we all have had and will have moments in our life we don't want a gov't drone over our head filming everything we're doing.

Our digital communications may never know privacy again and soon our actual lives. It's bad enough cameras are going up on street corners and traffic lights in more and more place but now in the skies overhead watching everything, hell even your back yard, count on it.

10,000 drones they predict? Well if that's what they predict then count on it being at least 3 times worse because this gov't LOVES drones and soon so will ALL law enforcement and private companies/owners. I guess the good news is if you have the money to buy a drone you too can spy on America.... or would that be against the law? Can the govt watch everything, possibly our own property, but we can't do the same? I betcha it's illegal for us common folk.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They're already using drones on the border.

MQ-9 Predator Drones patrol US Mexico Border

edit on 25-3-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And not a single one will be used on the southern border!

The Southern Border was the guinea pig.People didn't want illegals to get license, now we have real IDs. People want drones over the Mexican-US border now we will have drones over our cities. Seems everytime people want the government to clamp down on illegals, we lose more privacy.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So you just think you'll be free to shoot down whatever drones you want?im sure there will be legal consequences for shooting them down like that.

top topics

join