Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

20 Horrifying but True Facts About How Your Food is Made

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I came across this pretty horrific information on some of the inventive cheap ways they are
trying to pass food off to us as it says their scientists are working around the clock to fool us and our
taste buds and somehow they are succeeding.
Sadly I read the artical today AFTER I had my once a year KFC fix for a early dinner tonight.
I have to say that after I ate my 2 pieces of extra chrispy
and a few frys and a dollup of coldslaw
it didn't taste anything like what I remember it to have tasted... it was bland like I was eating something
reminiscent of chicken no flavor no spice no value .. what a waste of my only fast food indulgence that I allow myself
once a year

If anyone has anything to add go ahead.... the further away from this garbage they call
food these days the better!!!!! Scarey world we live in.

20 Horrifing Foods

Heres number 20:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

hold up a minute....

McDonalds uses real fish?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh no! God forbid we eat an aesthetically challenged fish!
I knew this was that photoplasty from Craked this morning when I read the thread title.

ETA: Some of these are true/scary facts, but even reading their comment page will debunk a few (Taco Bell "cheese" does in fact melt) some were fairly common knowledge, and the few left (like the pic used in OP) aren't actually a problem. In fact, (like the guy above me mentioned) finding out Mcdonalds actually uses real fish, raises my opinion of them instead of horrifying me. Why don't they advertise this?!
edit on 25-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If I were a meat eater I would worry about how every time China has a mass kill of infected chickens the price goes down at all the places selling fast food chicken in its many forms...and i do me forms as it is molded after being socked for days in bleach, which removes all flavor and they add back artificial color and flavor.

In today's world how hard would it be to buy shipments of foreign throw out bird flu chickens that are checked through out shipping ports owned (thanks Bush) by China.

I am sure it is safe after all the treatments.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I only eat the most attractive and/or cuddly cute animals.

Like dolphins, gazelle, zebras, pandas, koalas, puppies, kittens....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Now thats funny! I bet they won't leave the after taste I have in my mouth from the KFC I had for dinner tonight
a jug of whiskey couldn't get rid of it!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I only eat the most attractive and/or cuddly cute animals.

Like dolphins, gazelle, zebras, pandas, koalas, puppies, kittens....

Whats the point...

They all taste like chicken...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think number 16-17 are way worse as are some of the others like the anal gland secretions from beavers.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I read that article also and calling it truth is a stretch. Partially true but exaggerated also.

There is very little truth in any Cracked article and they are better at writing stories that exaggerate, stretch the truth and often flat out lie. Whatever makes a good story.

Not saying there isn't some unpleasant things in processed food but I wouldn't stake much faith in anything from Cracked.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

hold up a minute....

They actually use pollock now.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I wasn't aware this wasn't a legit website. I just got so repulsed
while reading them....and then the fact that I just had something that I used to LOVE eating
and that it tasted horrible it aggravated me.
edit on 03/30/09 by starlitestarbrite because: no reason

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Originally posted by Akragon

hold up a minute....

They actually use pollock now.

about pollock:

Pollock and other species of gadids are plagued by parasites, one of which is the cod worm, Lernaeocera branchialis, a copepod crustacean. At its final stage, the female parasite, with fertilized eggs, clings to the gills of the fish and metamorphoses into a plump, sinusoidal, wormlike body, with a coiled mass of egg strings at the rear.

wiki

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Great element of truth in this information. I will make more research on what you you've just posted here and get back here to throw in my findings.

new topics

top topics

join