It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., U.K. Chiefs To Hold Historic Strategy Meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

U.S., U.K. Chiefs To Hold Historic Strategy Meeting

[url=http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130323/DEFREG02/303230007/U-S-U-K-Chiefs-Hold-Historic-Strategy-Meeting?odyssey=tab]www.defensenews.com[/url ]

WASHINGTON — In what is believed to be the first time since the 1940s, the entire British defense staff will be here March 25 to discuss long-range strategy and the impact of budget cuts with their U.S. counterparts, according to U.S. and British sources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised it's been that long; however, lots going down in the M.E and N.K

I'm sure UK is worried and have no real strategy, so are looking for a full break down on what to do if NK attacks SK or Israel intervenes in Syria or Israel.

Im surprised they don't do this annually.

Reminds me of:

edit on 25-3-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"So what are we going to do today Brain?

"The same thing we always do Pinky! Try to take over the world!"

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so Brain, but if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?"

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

As I interpret that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE BANKING COLLAPSE IS COMING!!!!! What are you guys going to do about it???

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They probably need to discuss how to go about depositor 'haircuts' here in their respective countries.

I wonder if good old Ben Bernanke was in attendance?
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: I wanted to.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

lots going down in the M.E and N.K

What is ME and NK?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I bet they all agree to get richer and consolidate their position of having the most powerful military. What else?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

lots going down in the M.E and N.K

What is ME and NK?

Middle East and North Korea.

I see you are new here. Check "General Chit-Chat" forum for free hot-dogs.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Oh great! Both countries spending even more money that we cannot afford for a meeting that they could have via video conference. Guess neither country understands the term "tightening your belt" when it comes to spending money unnecessarily. What a bunch of useless bureaucrats!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hey thanks for not BATA when being asked for clarification for the UUA

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Reminds me of another time, a couple of years back. The entire Polish cabinet, sans the IMF supporting vice-president, hopped on a plane for a "historic meeting" in Russia. I wonder what will happen this time since the UK appears to want to break fully away from the EU?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/25.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Let the great depression and world war commence!...were all doomed!!!!!!!!. But first im going to spend my £5.00 life savings. Theres no way dodgy dave and his posh boys are having it

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They do, its called Bilderberg and there is also Pilgrims society and Le Cercle which are made up of the senior intel types

Pilgrim society would be the more UK/US orientated group the others being wider European
Pilgrim society : wikispooks.com...

A lot of information about the pilgrims here
wikispooks.com...

I think this is a very bad sign, the various allies seem to have been making various amends and preparing for something big, from Turkey to Israel to Australia.

I guess another big war will take everyones mind off the recessions and get production going again

edit on 25-3-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here since you probably wont bother reading the links here are a couple of small snippets

The Pilgrims Society is a British-American society established 1902. The patron of the society is Queen Elizabeth II.

"There are several curious things about these Pilgrims functions. In the first place there is present at these dinners an array of notables such as it would be difficult to bring together under one roof for any other purpose and by any other society... Among the guests were John D. Rockefeller and J.P. Morgan, Thomas W. Lamont and other members of the House of Morgan... We are entitled to know what the Pilgrim Society is, what it stands for, and who these powerful Pilgrims are that can call out the great to hear a British Ambassador expound to Americans the virtues of a united democratic front."

"Firms like Kleinwort Benson, where George Kennedy Young worked after retiring as deputy head of MI6, and Morgan Grenfell have had their Intelligence associations for years, as have Hambros, Schroeders, Rothschilds and Barings... Peter Middleton, chief executive of Lloyds of London, came out of the Foreign Office and MI6, and has worked for the International Division of Midland Bank [played a central role in the Iraq arms trade]...

The absolute core of the globalist movement largely consists of Pilgrims. Examples are the membership of Lord Roll, Lord Carrington, Arthur Dean, Gabriel Hauge, Henry Heinz, Richard Holbrooke, Henry Kissinger, John J. McCloy, Lord Kerr, David Rockefeller, Robert V. Roosa, Cyrus Vance, Paul Volcker, and John Whitehead. Charles Savoie additionally listed Sir Peter Sutherland and George Ball as Pilgrims, both also important globalists.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think they are up to something really really big.......
Something they dont dare trust to emails, conference calls or even encrypted faxes....
This is heavy # man!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well 'our government' over here has just sold our Air, Sea rescue service, which our RAF and RN operate alongside the coastguard and mountain rescue services to Bristows, an American company. Personally I am disgusted. The Air Sea Rescue over here is a much loved 'institution' over here.
I am already familiar with Bristows as they operate all the helicopter flights to and from the off shore oil rigs in the N. Sea.
Apparently the deal has involved some very high level talks because of the 'highly technical' and 'military' style equipment these helicopters will have on board.
OK, I know this has nothing to do with the thread directly, I just wanted to highlight the fact that something as military related as this between both countries is already going on.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.clyde1.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Didn't the US consult with the UK for a strategy on raiding the Bin Laden complex in Pakistan?

I know the SBS were the brains behind that operation......or is this something different?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Given how the military relationship of both countries is somewhat more entwined than the political relationship I find this meeting deeply interesting.

Wasn't it said of the Falklands conflict that the US Military was able to share weapons/intel with the UK Military as everything is in place to for them to work together without guidance from the US or UK Governments.

If the above is really true then they could be discussing almost anything..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Having read the article that is in question the following can be stated:

Were you expecting a high level stratigic talks between the US and Russia? This should neither be surprising or really unexpected, as the US is having to cut back on its expenses and ultimately is looking to its closest ally for assistence in that aspect.

But there are other considerations that must be looked at as well. The US is wanting to pull out of Afganistan, and the ME, and has had very little in the way of practicle experience in those areas, save very recently. Why not look and talk to the one country that has had experience in both areas and get their take on how to calm fears, and withdraw troops, along with getting some good advice in how they did it, the mistakes and successes that they had? It makes alot of sense if you think about it. Ultimately both countries have alot of concerns and stratigic interest around the world, and some of these are one and the same, does the US and the UK really need to have troops and ships stationed in the same area, where resouces could be best used elsewhere? Ultimately this may be a benefit to both, as they can further figure out how and the logistics on what to do and how to do such.

This should not be seen as the gloom and doom as it is protrayed, nor does it seem like it. This is not the first time the US has had high level stragitic meetings with a close ally, nor will it be the last. The one question that I do have is the US going to insult them again, or ignore the advice that they give this time around?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

As I interpret that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE BANKING COLLAPSE IS COMING!!!!! What are you guys going to do about it???

Before or after we start applauding?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join