It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Dead Hand anti-gun video with Jim Carrey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi

I saw this anti-gun video of Jim Carrey making fun of Charlston Heston and all gun advocates.. I think maybe he should worry about making a good movie instead of worrying about trashing our constitution

He posted on twitter "Cold Dead Hand’ is abt u heartless motherf%#$%s unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids. Sorry if you’re offended by the word safety!”

After he wrote this in February "Any1 who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting"

I use to be a big Carrey fan but I gotta say now #$#@ JIm Carrey

some lyrics
“Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand,” And his immortal soul may lay forever in the sand. The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned because they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold, dead hand “It takes a cold, dead hand to decide to pull the trigger,. “It takes a cold, dead heart, and as near as I can figure, with your cold, dead aim you’re trying to prove your d#$@ is bigger, but we know, your chariot may not be swinging low… You’re a big-big man with a little-bitty gland, so you need something bigger just to fill your cold dead hand.

edit on 25-3-2013 by goou111 because: fix title

edit on 25-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yah, screw him. I know his thoughts on guns has nothing to do with his acting or his innate character, but goddamn it he disagrees with me. I am not deep enough to admire someone who disagrees with me.
edit on 25-3-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I cant admire anyone who disagrees with our costitution

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thomas Jefferson wrote,

Some men look at Constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, & deem them, like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. they ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well: I belonged to it, and labored with it. it deserved well of it’s country. it was very like the present, but without the experience of the present: and 40. years of experience in government is worth a century of book-reading: and this they would say themselves, were they to rise from the dead. I am certainly not an advocate for frequent & untried changes in laws and constitutions ... but I know also that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind ... we might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

retirementseries.dataformat.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Hollywood actors and their ilk have no more right to an opinion than the average man, however, they use their fame and wealth to inflict their beliefs on the rest of us whether we want them or not. Also, I can respect someone intelligent with an opinion that differs from mine, however, this man is clearly not trying to have civil discourse on the matter and has turned to mocking those who support their constitutional right to own and bear arms.
edit on 2013/3/25 by Metallicus because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

however, they use their fame and wealth to inflict their beliefs on the rest of us whether we want them or not.

I've never experienced this.

I guess you should probably stop watching TV.

this man is clearly not trying to have civil discourse on the matter and has turned to mocking those who support their constitutional right to own and bear arms.

Well he is a comedian........so.........what exactly do you expect again?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Thomas Jefferson also wrote:

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -

and

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

Source - monticello.org
edit on 2013/3/25 by Metallicus because: Added Source

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I simply will not support any more of his material, just like the other anti-gun hypocrites.
Demand a plan??
Demand an apology!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Just another government tool who isn't even from the US, spouting of his ignorance! It would be like me going to Canada and telling Canadians how screwed up their laws are!!! Wouldn't go over too well now would it?

Just goes to show how stupid Americans are to allow shills like him and the wanted criminal P. Morgan to come in our country and bash it!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
While i do believe that if we can be ruled by the gun we should be able to defend with the gun, I believe in the total opposit too.

Here's some truth...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Nvm wrong quote.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's hard to find a Hollywood movie without a guns-a-blazing shootout. They make their money promoting violence.

Hypocrites. All of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
While i do believe that if we can be ruled by the gun we should be able to defend with the gun, I believe in the total opposit too.

Here's some truth...

Why does this guys accent keep changing?
And who the hell is he anyway? Did he buy those sunglasses in the women's section? He comes off like a putz that believes himself intelligent. He's probably a trust fund baby to boot.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Yah, screw him. I know his thoughts on guns has nothing to do with his acting or his innate character, but goddamn it he disagrees with me. I am not deep enough to admire someone who disagrees with me.
edit on 25-3-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Why should anyone who does not share his opinion admire him its not like he shows any respect for people who disagree with him right?

Cold Dead Hand’ is abt u heartless motherf%#$%s unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids. Sorry if you’re offended by the word safety!”

"Any1 who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting"

but we should admire him right?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

He is pretty talented and an awesome mimic. I admire that he states his own opinion even though it goes against the grain of a great many Charlton Heston Fans who still think of him as Moses. I gather near the end, HE thought he was Moses too. There are a great many subliminal suggestions, (maybe overt) in this which are a challenge to refute.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I'd love to know why anti-gun rhetoric always devolves into insults about penis sizes. Me think Jim doth protest too much.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He was always an idiot and tried to be funny in his movies by acting like an idiot.
he only movie he was in that I cared for was the Truman Show.

Like Charlton Heston, Jim's movies are no longer in demand either.....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

He is nobody. You put bown everything about him apart from what he said, which was the point, not who he is, his actions, his glasses, or anything else....nice one.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It is something that many people refer to as [color=FFF45E]COMEDY.

Chill out people. The Anti-Carrey posts in this thread are ridiculous. Those of you saying because of this song you will never again watch another of his movies, sound like a bunch of little girls. Calm down for minute Cowgirls, and holster them guns, mmkk?

I've probably got a few of them wrong, but.........

[color=B8DBFF]Some folks ride like the wind
with the whispering pines to guide them
and the burning light inside them
keeps them warm in the snow

others fear the sounds they hear
making ???? out of molehills
fill their hearts with ???? pine quills
they're dead and buried long before they go

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul may lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn't take him up to Heaven like he'd planned
Because they couldn't pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand
to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart
and as near as I can figure
with your cold dead aim
you're trying to prove your dick is bigger
but we know your chariot may not be swinging low

You're a big big man
with a little bitty gland(??)
so you need something bigger
just to fill your cold dead hand

Imagine if the lord were here
and he knew what you've been thinking
would his sacred heart be sinking?
until the ? comes out to ?

And on the ones who sell the guns
He’d sick the vultures and coyotes
Only the devil’s true devotees
could profiteer from pain and fear

You're a big big man
With a little bitty gland(?)
So you need something bigger
with a hairpin trigger so
You don't wanna get caught
with your trousers down
when the psycho killer comes around
So you make your home like a Thunderdome
And you're always packing everywhere you roam
But the psychos win no matter what you do
Cuz they're gonna buy way more guns than you

and while you're stumblin' out of bed
They put 5 rounds in the back of your head
And you get depressed cuz the money runs out
so you put your own shotgun in your mouth
and your kid walk in and find you there
like a headless lump in your underwear
and they move the gun and it kills them too
and your wife just doesn't know what to do
and she takes a hand grenade from her shoe
and she pulls the pin......

And it's all on you and your cold dead hand.

Originally posted by Metallicus

Hollywood actors and their ilk have no more right to an opinion than the average man, however, they use their fame and wealth to inflict their beliefs on the rest of us whether we want them or not. Also, I can respect someone intelligent with an opinion that differs from mine, however, this man is clearly not trying to have civil discourse on the matter and has turned to mocking those who support their constitutional right to own and bear arms.
Something else that is shared by both, Actors and 'The Average Man', is the Right To Free Speech.

Do you actually believe that this song has the power to change people's minds, causing them to move over to the Anti-Gun Darkside??

edit on 3/25/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

its not just about the song did you even read what he wrote about people who dont agree with him

Cold Dead Hand’ is abt u heartless motherf%#$%s unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids. Sorry if you’re offended by the word safety!”

"Any1 who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting"
So if you want to own a gun you are a heartlea m#$@#$$ who isnt even worth protecting

that does not sound funny to me

<<   2  3 >>

join