It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pulls gun in road rage incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Two people are being looked for after an incident involving road rage.

The guys wife thinks its a good idea to hand her other half a hand gun when he gets beaten up.

Ive had idiots get out of their car and threaten me, here in the UK...for their mistakes!! People are way too violent.

Video has been released of two people wanted in a weekend road rage case where shots were fired.
Carteret County deputies say it happened around 1:00 p.m. Sunday on Highway 70 and English Street in Newport. It's there that investigators say that a family of three, which included a toddler, drove away from the scene after the driver fired several shots at another vehicle.
That driver is accused of road rage which started on Highway 70 in the James City area of Craven County and led up to the shooting in Newport.
The family is said to have fled the scene in an ash or grey colored SUV.

edit on 25-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Not sure who is at fault

Simple. The idiot who had a toddler in the car, who felt the need to put his family in jeopardy.

He's at fault, for being an inconsiderate a-hole....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You're right, there are a lot of angry people! It seems as though that there are a lot of butthole drivers too, I see it all the time. Like in the video you posted, the man accused the kids of trying to run him off the road and he confronted them. Maybe the best course of action to take in that scenario is to get a plate number then contact the police.
edit on 25-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea i know that now...never read the description. Was unsure if the young lads started it by the way the piled out and into the guy who gets handed the gun.

Either way, pulling a gun over something so petty is pretty stupid.

It appears the guy with the gun caused the road rage, and then couldnt back it up on his own. Shame on the 2 lads for laying into him, maybe they should have tried to diffuse the situation.

Im sure given this video it wont be long until they are locked up, will the wife be guilty of anything????

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I would say the kids started it. The man clearly states that they had tried to run him off the road. That in itself is wrong and could be dangerous. But, IMO, the man shouldn't have confronted the kids.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Has nothing to do with the gun.

Has everything to do with the moron who threw the first punch.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I agree. However, playing devils advocate, the man wouldn't have had initiated contact if the kids in the Pick up hadn't tried to run him off the road. Regardless, the man was stupid for his actions.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The guy threw the first punch and got his ass kicked. If he had a toddler in the car, he shouldn't have even been pursuing them or get into anything on the road that would cause a confrontation. Defensive driving, not aggressive.

IMO....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I agree. However, playing devils advocate, the man wouldn't have had initiated contact if the kids in the Pick up hadn't tried to run him off the road. Regardless, the man was stupid for his actions.

He claims on the video they tried to run him off the road. But what kind of confrontation did they have on the road for that even to happen?

I know two aggressive people on the road, paranoid as they are always think someone is trying to them, but if one is defensive I think chances of something evolving into this are not likely.

I'm just think to last weekend when I pissed someone off on the road (not sure what I did exactly) but they were giving me the finger and riding up my ass, I simply slowed down and made a turn and they were gone. I'm sure if I provoked it by chasing them down it could have turned into something worse.... Can't make a complete judgment on this because we didn't see what happen that led up to it I guess.
edit on 25-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, defensive driving is one thing and running somebody off the road is another. But you're right, especially with a child in the car, the man should've just kept driving.

ETA: I see your post above, you're right. The man could've made a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why even get out the car?

If someone is road raging on me the last thing I'm going to do is pull over....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Staged...
I guess here on ATS I wll have to add a second line even though the first was well to the point.
As the gun debate gets deeper, you will see news of people being irresponsible, I'm sure this is a fake.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I thought so at first because of the recording but the man definitely had his faced bashed so I'm calling it authentic.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is why I don't drive around with a gun in my car. If I pull a gun on someone, it's because I am shooting them.
Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.

I keep an axe handle next to my seat instead.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Anyone who would be confrontational with another driver or anyone else on the street for that matter, is not thinking on all cylinders. In today's crime riddled society, too many people carry guns and knives. You never know how mentally unstable someone is or what they may be packing. This guy is lucky he only got a beat down and not a bullet through his head. His wife was just as stupid for handing her husband a handgun when he was in a rage! That's how people end up behind bars for the rest of their life. He would have been guilty because he threw the first punch.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You never seen anything out of hollywood have you?
Nor seen what some of those excellent actors we call wrestlers can do in front of ten thousand people.
This vid is a fake.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I concur, fake as hell.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

What would be the benefit in staging this? I mean, if it's staged why would the guy risk going to jail for brandishing a fire arm?

Btw, what is this Hollywood you speak of?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It is in my hometown and i can assure you it is very real. Been large news here. I havent watched all the video, only what was on local news. He did come back a second time and discharge the weapon into the truck, hitting nobody. They have also turned themselves in and are in big trouble. I am sure the kids were not blameless, just not on video, for defending purposes. They whopped his hind end lickety split though.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

The benefit in staging this would be to show the people who are on the fence about guns how dangerous and illogical gun owners are.
The fact is, I have been carrying here in Kalifornia since before you were born and the one thing that is always in the back of my mind is I must be and act responsibly.
A person who carries a gun would never walk up on a vehicle and start a fight just for this reason.
You ask why risk jail for brandishing??
Where is the risk if all involved agree that this was a youtube project or just a situational film?
Pure theater for the middle man is all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join