It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral Advantage Program Scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Did a search and came up with nothing on this here.

I just received a letter that looks very official, as though it might be from the government, but it isn't. This is an ad for Funeral Advantage Program Assists Seniors.

Now, I don't know if it actually qualifies as a scam, but if you don't look too hard you'll see a picture of an eagle, when in fact it's a dove (and not a government emblem).

Anyway, I don't know about any of you, but if I do an internet search and come up with something negative about a company, I steer clear.

This is what I found:

Scam Alert National Reply Center

Some of the complaints at this site are:

a folded post card type advertisement that misleadingly looks like a check or a government mailing.
The mailing is from National Reply Center, who gathers information from seniors and sells it to insurance companies who then contact the recipients. The company makes mailings to many states and has received complaints nationwide for it's misleading business practices.

You are asked your date of birth and phone number. Guess what? You're going to get a phone solicitation to sell you insurance at higher than normal rates.

Just a word of caution to keep an eye out for this. I'm not buying into it.
edit on 3/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for the thread Jigger! I was thinking about checking into it, considering I don't have any life insurance and all I really need is enough money for a cremation. No funeral, nothing, I just want my body cremated and spread in the woods or one of my favorite fishing holes!

I guess I will just save up the money for my burning so that my family doesn't have to shell out for it....

Makes more sense that way anyhow....Seems like everything today is nothing more than a scam to take what little money us poor folk have, away from us anyways....

Hope your doing well my friend!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

These are the same ones with the ad on TV referring to "final expenses"? I like that--"final expenses." Hey: One way or another, somebody's gonna get the last dime you ever spend....

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for the thread Jigger! I was thinking about checking into it, considering I don't have any life insurance and all I really need is enough money for a cremation. No funeral, nothing, I just want my body cremated and spread in the woods or one of my favorite fishing holes!

I guess I will just save up the money for my burning so that my family doesn't have to shell out for it....

Makes more sense that way anyhow....Seems like everything today is nothing more than a scam to take what little money us poor folk have, away from us anyways....

Hope your doing well my friend!

I do have $20,000 insurance through where I work. It would have been nice to leave my daughter more. If anything is a scam today it's funeral costs. There's simply no justifying ten grand to drop a dead body in a hole.
I feel the same way you do, though. Just cook me to ashes and dump me somewhere. I was hoping for the ocean, but I hear it's illegal, though I don't know why.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by jiggerj

These are the same ones with the ad on TV referring to "final expenses"? I like that--"final expenses." Hey: One way or another, somebody's gonna get the last dime you ever spend....

Well, if these people think they're getting a dime out of me they can kiss my dead end.

top topics

join