It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your choice for Eotw?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The only item I partially disagree with is the survival book.
I only partially disagree because nobody wants to be learning about survival while reading it out of a book in a real life scenario.
Learn it first...knowledge is easier to carry.

The reason i do agree is there might be stuff that you missed and can just read the book and get the information when needed it so it does come in very handy.

Thats my opinion though of course.
Solid list otherwise.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 25-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

I might as well turn this double post into something.

If you are planning to get home...do you have any handtools in mind?
Brazen bit,chizels,files etc??

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by URSOCLUELESS

Oh what lovely choice for eotw if life gives a chance... maybe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If I could get everyone to go add a pair of socks to their bag I would feel like I accomplished something today. Good wool or synthetic, please. Not cotton.

Thank you. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

This may sound serious, but what if you cannot go to home... Do you have spare kit in car / work place ?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

What if it was sweltering warm temperature later?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I have a whole tool kit in my truck. If I have to hoof it, I'll have to depend on the multi-tool instead. The whole kit is WAY too heavy to carry with me. It's very likely I'll have to walk, as most of my routes home involve bridges, which are jammed even on a normal day, let alone a SHTF event.

I only partially disagree because nobody wants to be learning about survival while reading it out of a book in a real life scenario.
Learn it first...knowledge is easier to carry.

It's for reference only. Color pics of edible plants, mostly. Also, it's frankly for something to do while spending hours just walking.... Of course, having some built in phone apps that don't require a connection helps also.

Reply to post by Gazrok

This may sound serious, but what if you cannot go to home... Do you have spare kit in car / work place ?

The BOB (Bug Out Bag) is in my truck, which is always where I am. My home is an hour away from work. I WILL go home. I live on a ranch, and I can ride out the SHTF scenario in much more comfort there, and with my loved ones and friends. Even if it takes me a few days of walking, I WILL make it home, I promise you.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

Totally agree with you about knowledge of how things work. Well said.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Someone posted this for me so i will post it to you seeing as you have a phone.

www.artofmanliness.com...

Thanks St. Udio.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

That is pretty awesome...thanks.

It also mentioned tampons. I keep a couple of those with the first aid stuff. We've used them on the ranch before for big cuts on horses...they work great for this. Of course, if I get a wound big enough to need one of those for, I'm likely not making it home.....so hopefully that's for helping another.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Did anyone hear about this www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you search http://(link tracking not allowed)/YDRrHW then there are many sites which share their knowledge on this topic. But as i said if life gives you a chance, why not take it and whatever you might have on you be it. So the question again, what's ur list that you may want in such a scenario?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

You can scratch that $18 device (see next one), and you don't need a thermometer or barometer.

That $60 device can be replaced by this $17 one:
beprepared.com...

Scratch the $60 device to do laundry too...seriously?

$30 flashlight? Already covered with the second item.

Biolight Camp Stove for $130. Who is going to carry it? For a home base though, it is a nice camp stove.

$108 for a Knife? It's a good knife, but you can find good for less (though not much).

$25 Fire Kit, not bad, but some cheap disposable lighters and waterproof matches are better for a BOB.

The $10 Pandemic kit ain't bad...would cost you more to assemble this yourself...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

Lets remember this is last gear you may have in your bag. Won't you like a better more option even 'it' maybe your end choice of gears to carry. Like esee knife or blast-match, condor machete and maybe... Scuba gear if there ain't no air to breath, you may wanna use extra hour to outwit the scenario to live. After all survival matters.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Of course there are cheaper knives.
I bought a 40 dollar Gerber and then hit the dollar store and got a replica for 3 bucks.
I have 2 dollar store knives...they work just as good.

Another thing about cutting tools is you can hit 2 rocks together and get a cutting tool straight from nature.

The campstove...i totally disagree with.
I have had to carry my gear for long treks many of times....cooking with fire is just easier.
I have 3 different stoves and never used any of them....i have to carry my gear.
Its useless weight,also if its gas....i might not be able to replace it so i learn without it.
Fire cooks food...enough said.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You are forgetting the details,is this a stay at home and bug out or a gotta move bug out??

The items i would want in an eotw scenario....I need to know the scenario first to answer that question more accurately.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

If the scenario calls both then ?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

The site maybe good source for beginners but what bout people who things this site owners don't other then mustache.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

What ?
I don't understand your question

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
my Sig .45

my Kabar

and I just bought one of these bad boys

top topics