It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your choice for Eotw?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What will you chose to carry... What tools, weapons, personal products and anything else you feel needed for end of the world scenario and the reason why that gear is needed? Or you just accept the outcome ?
edit on 25-3-2013 by Trackhunter because: Added one more question.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My mind should be my greatest survival asset. If I can't make it improvising and adapting as I go, I don't think I can make it at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by Deny777

But still there has to be a list you might have thought or planned to carry ?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 25-3-2013 by Trackhunter because: Commas again. Lol

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

That's a pretty open question...all depends on the specific event. If truly the end, that's different than a survival situation... All you can do then is have drug and alcohol fueled orgies while eating great food....

If a situation for survival, that's a bit different. All depends on the event. There are TONS of threads here on what to have though, many right on this page...

Search on BOB (Bug Out Bag)..to see some good lists.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
if its end of the world then as much beer as i can carry and f--- it and i'll see you on the other side as theres no point really getting all backwoods survival mode if theres a meteor the size of a very large expletive coming down and going to kill us all

but if its not eotw then a quick visit to the local country sports shop to relieve them of as many shotguns and all their ammo i can fit into the car, no point paying for it upfront as the shops only 20 mins away and every other idiot will be raiding for reeboks etc

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Reply to post by Deny777

But still there has to be a list you might have thought or planned to carry ?

edit on 25-3-2013 by Trackhunter because: Commas again. Lol

I guess, sleeping bag, boots, survival knife, nothing out of the ordinary, but I often find myself thinking "what if it happened NOW?", while I'm in no position of taking any of my gear, which may get buried, burned or lost in a flood. That made me change my thinking a bit to what I've posted in my previous thread. So IF I survive the first "impact" (or whatever it is), the most important thing from then on will be being able to adapt and improvise with whatever I can find and work with.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gazrok

But say you have a list for such a event, won't you share it?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What will you chose to carry... What tools, weapons, personal products and anything else you feel needed for end of the world scenario and the reason why that gear is needed?
edit on 25-3-2013 by Trackhunter because: The commas, lol

If indeed 'the end' then... what can we carry that would change that? If indeed the end, what world would we then find for our survival that we could even hope for?

When this day comes, weapons will have no meaning. Tools will have no use. The 'end' is... well, the end, lol.

How many are ready for that? How many are ready for that day when the end is truly, the end?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Maxatoria

'what gears you would like carry' even if world may end but why not survive till then list.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by redoubt

How true, how many of us are willing to accept the eotw. But still if there is and this should taken 'if' chances favored what do you think should be in your backpack ?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OP if you're talking about backpack survival it's unattainable by 99.5% of the population in a long term sense.

I've ceased to have a bugout bag and graduated more towards the bugout truck. Katrina taught me that. You simply cannot carry all of what you need. Why not "just the essentials?" because 200 million people are going to be doing the exact same thing you're doing with the same equipment list, but they might not be hindered by your morals. You might not kill them for their can of green beans but I'm sure after the fourth day of not eating they'll start asking themselves if a nice chunk of long pig should be the main course.

I'm with Gazrok. What to bring for the end of the world is a dynamic question and the answer should change with the particulars of the question.

For example, is the UN sending China to repossess the US (
) Different equipment list.

Major pandemic? Different list.
Economic collapse? different list.

See where I'm going with this?
edit on 25-3-2013 by netwarrior because: formattin'

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by Deny777

Well said. If anyone is able to survive such a disaster, what would be playing on his mind ?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

what can we carry that would change that

Knowledge.
Primitive man had it...we lost it.
Its time to arm ourselves with old skills.
Other peoples started all this for us...its our job to continue it as a species.

I agree with Gazrok....check this forum and you will see there is plenty of useful information over many years.

Here is my contribution to your thread OP.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Reply to post by redoubt

How true, how many of us are willing to accept the eotw. But still if there is and this should taken 'if' chances favored what do you think should be in your backpack ?

Paper, pencil... a candle and some matches.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

But still if by chance you are a survivor, what would you rather have with you is the question?

link   

i'd just head to a quiet place...unpack enough beers and some snacks etc and work out where the ends going to appear from enjoy the final moments, don't need anything and wouldn't want anything, why lug a 100lb's of guns/ammo/water filtration kits/knives etc when in 5 mins you're gonna be toast anyway since this is the end of the world and i'm gonna die but the only difference with me any my American cousins is they'll go down waving the flag and brandishing a gun going hell yeh while i go in a polite english voice..typical just as the second test has started and we're 50 for 0 against the aussies

link   

Click my link in my last reply.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

Oops... Link doesn't show in wap/mobile site. Nobody chose cam recorder for any aliens visitor like in the movie 'Al'

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I had stupid amounts of training while I was in the service so I may forget things just because I dont use them, but here is my list

Blackjack or otertool steel knife maybe Randal
Estwing 3/4 Axe
Folding Saw or one of those chain saw types
Good folding knife
Multitool
canteen cup (stainless) cause it can do anything
Life straw to get out of the city
Chlorinedioxide tabs because their light and they work
Two GI canteens because they refuse to die (ugly though)
Snare wire
Kevlar line
550 cord
Military poncho
High grade Bivi sack
-20 degree down bag and stuff sack
OurdoorResearch bug bivy (if they still make it)
Good fire steel x 2
Cottonballs andVasaline in a container (just in case Im having an off day and need something easy to light)
Signal mirror (for hygiene)
my safety razor and a bunch of blades. Almost died because of a tick so OFF with the HAIR
Baby wipes.....spent to many years using leaves
3 pair REI wool Socks
Sunglasses x 2
reading glasses x 2
Maps
Global compass
sharpening stone
5/11 pants
Blackhawk shirt
Riggers belt
Asolo boots
hat x 2
Ruger P model handgun (don't care what caliber they just run forever..even if they are a tad ugly LOL)
HK SL7
S&W M&P .22 cal
Lots of Ammo
and a large ALICE to hump it all...LOL

oh yea...food like Jolly Ranchers LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But say you have a list for such a event, won't you share it?

Fair enough.

BACKPACK - Small, with lots of padding, waist strap also, lots of pockets and places to clip, holds below:

WATER - Bottled water, Metal Canteen with Metal Cup, Katadyn Water Straw, Water Purification Tabs.
FOOD - Canned food (heat and serve), MREs, Ration Bars
WEAPONS - Pistol (.22) with Ammo (.22 is easy to carry a lot of ammo), Good Kabar Knife, Machete (holster and sheaths)
TOOLS - Gerber Multi-Tool, Swiss Army Knife, Duct Tape, Wire Saw, Folding Saw, Wire, Para-cord, Fishing Wire
FIRE - Lighters, Water/Windproof Matches, Flint & Steel
INFORMATION - Map of local area, hand-crank radio/flashlight/cell-charger, Survival book (in ziploc bag), Compass
UTENSILS - Camping Mess Kit, Utensil tool (fork, spoon, knife), Can Opener (military style)
LIGHT - Flashlight (Maglite), spare batteries
SHELTER - Small Dome Tent, Emergency Blanket (these are carried over shoulder, not in backpack)
BARTER - Cash, Cigarettes (in a metal tin)
FIRST AID - Small First Aid Kit
COMMUNICATION - Cell Phone (likely won't work), Short Range Walkie (so I can tell my wife when I'm about home), spare batteries, Whistle, Binoculars, Small Dry-Erase Board/Marker, Deck of Cards, Journal/Pen, Dice
HYGIENE - Travel size stuff, TP

Keep in mind, my goal is to make it home, which may take a few days on foot, as I have an hour commute.
edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join