It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK School Bans Triangular Flapjacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

what the hell, we used to run around shooting each with cap guns as kids. lol

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank God!!! I hate triangles because they remind me of the illuminati!!

Not to mention, triangles bring back suppressed memories of being abducted by occupants of triangular UFOs. Yes, yes, yes, I've been abducted by circular UFOs as well, but they actually serve circular flapjacks onboard - so I have no issue with them. But the triangular UFOS.... don't even get me started!!!

Thanks completely logical school staff in the UK!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Thank God!!! I hate triangles because they remind me of the illuminati!!

Not to mention, triangles bring back suppressed memories of being abducted by occupants of triangular UFOs. Yes, yes, yes, I've been abducted by circular UFOs as well, but they actually serve circular flapjacks onboard - so I have no issue with them. But the triangular UFOS.... don't even get me started!!!

Thanks completely logical school staff in the UK!!

Hmmm....good point. Perhaps banning triangles in school is a subliminal banning on The Holy Trinity as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some of you have hit the nail right on the head. The issue my friends is the TRIANGLE.

Think of how many triangle like things are used to kill, bullets, knives, missles, and now, flapjacks. The triangle is death. There is even the bermuda triangle.

Do you see, we must ban the triangle, and fron now on everything must be made of round cotton balls.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Traditional recipe for British Flapjacks

4 ½ oz/ 6 tbsp Golden Syrup or corn syrup
2 sticks/200g unsalted butter
12 oz/330g porridge oats
17 1cm Flechette darts

Cut into triangles and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until black and hard. Serve using a back hand throwing technique or a sling.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Then they came for the edible shurikens
and I didn't speak out because I didnt eat shurikens...

This is quite possibly my favorite forum post of all time.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
this begs the question, what if one were to eat a corner off their flapjack, thereby making it a triangle? BAN THEM!

i'd rather get hit by a flapjack than something like an apple.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I find their reasoning hard to believe. Seriously, a student being harmed by triangular pancakes? What a joke.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Well, I supposed in hurricane force winds....but then couldn't a square one be just as dangerous?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84
reply to post by IAMTAT

what the hell, we used to run around shooting each with cap guns as kids. lol

Yah, but not at school. You can still have triangle flapjacks at home...but oh wait in the UK they might have those NannyCams...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
I had to do some research... Here is the offending treat:

flapjacks should be round, stacked -and fo' rizzle- drizzle, DRIZZLED with maple syr-u-P! MY Nizzle!

Oh dear, those are not flapjacks, those are granola bars. Indeed they look dangerous if blowing around in hurricane force winds.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I think, politics aside, the general consensus here is that this is just another in a long line of examples of stupid decisions being made by stupid people.
However, in the big picture, doesn't it concern people that the same authorities responsible for this ridiculous and knee-jerk decision making...are the exact same people we have charged with teaching our children?
Where is the wisdom here?

Yes, of course. It is getting out of hand. Nanny Statism. After all Michelle O is making sure the kids eat healthy by having black bean salad, and that other school official said that peanut butter sammies were racist.

But the really dangerous policy is when they trash Mom's home made Sammy and replace with processed chicken parts laced with MSG....I mean McDonald nuggets.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I suppose we better ban text books and pointy pencils huh?

yep, they already banned plastic knives because some terrorist kids were going around threatening people after they banned sharing food.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Would this not make the case that books ( 4 sharp edges) are potentially harmful for these poor children? I mean, what if somebody throws one? OMG! Get rid of the chairs too!!

Oh spiral notebooks and 3 ring binders....lethal...they could go back to writing with chalk and chalkboards. How fun would that be in algebra.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
These flapjacks remind me of the old peanut chews made with cornflakes.
Instead of banning flapjacks, any of these wise administrators actually think of punishing the kids throwing their food? Probably can't punish them anymore for fear of a lawsuit.
The teachers still should have after school detention or give them a few days of suspension.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A spokesperson for the National Baking Association said " The answer is not to ban triangular flapjacks but to ensure more widespread use of such snacks to enable them to be used in self defence"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join