It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK School Bans Triangular Flapjacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You really do not understand the term in its different usages

And you don't seem to understand it's not valid for a term to have a million different meanings and usages. It either means one thing or the other, not both, especially when both alternatives are opposites. One must be more specific in their terminology if they are not simply referring to the common meaning. A term doesn't have a different meaning just because it's being used by republicans or democrats, they twist the meaning the suite what ever perspective they are trying to push, and that's the problem. They twist and obscure the meaning into anything they wish it to mean with deceptive and illogical rational, and it muddies up the waters for everyone who is trying to understand these basic concepts.
edit on 26/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Strange how a thread on flapjacks evolved into a thread on liberals, good job it was a food fight and not a fight about democracy!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I had to do some research... Here is the offending treat:

flapjacks should be round, stacked -and fo' rizzle- drizzle, DRIZZLED with maple syr-u-P! MY Nizzle!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I do hope Mr Cameron passes this through parliament as legislation. There are few things I worry about more than the manacing shape of triangular flap jacks; makes me cringe at the mere thought of what those three pointy ends could do to my eyes if it were to become airborne, whether deliberate or by accident. Its a primal fear. The Masons know very well what I mean. One of those things got poor Horus in the eye; a tragedy which they commemorate to this day on the dollar bill. Nothing could be more important in these end times. Rush it through Mr Prime Minister..NOW, FOR THE SAKE OF US ALL!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

And then they came for bent bananas
but i didn't speak out because my banana was straight.....................lol

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"Everybody was flapjack fighting(diddle iddle ud diddle ud dud doooo).
Those kids were fast as lightning(diddle ud diddle ud diddle ud dud dooo).
But it all got a little bit frightening(diddle iddle ud diddle ud dud doooo)...
So Health & Safety got involved and banned triangular weapons."

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by IAMTAT

Wow.

So triangle shaped pancakes are banned because they have sharp corners, but the corners of square and rectangular pancakes aren't as sharp and pointy? Suuuuure! Makes sense to me! *eyeroll*

And perhaps flapjacks are different in the UK than they are in the US, but here, they are soft and not hard enough to cause an injury, even if thrown at a high rate of speed, so how the hell does one get injured by a flapjack???

FYI what you call a flapjack we call a pancake (soft).

What we call a flapjack is more like a rockcake made of oats, butter and golden syrup. If one was thrown at you it could do some damage. Not that the shape makes any difference its the solid oats that gives it that lethal touch

As for the OP. You can be guaranted there is some little jobsworth somewhere hiding now that his/her idiotic decision has gone viral......

Remember folks clueless fools sometimes get in positions to make decisions

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by IAMTAT

Wow.

So triangle shaped pancakes are banned because they have sharp corners, but the corners of square and rectangular pancakes aren't as sharp and pointy? Suuuuure! Makes sense to me! *eyeroll*

And perhaps flapjacks are different in the UK than they are in the US, but here, they are soft and not hard enough to cause an injury, even if thrown at a high rate of speed, so how the hell does one get injured by a flapjack???

FYI what you call a flapjack we call a pancake (soft).

What we call a flapjack is more like a rockcake made of oats, butter and golden syrup. If one was thrown at you it could do some damage. Not that the shape makes any difference its the solid oats that gives it that lethal touch

As for the OP. You can be guaranted there is some little jobsworth somewhere hiding now that his/her idiotic decision has gone viral......

Remember folks clueless fools sometimes get in positions to make decisions

Depends if it was used like a hammer, the extra length of triangle shape would allow some mean leverage. Remembering school dinner those things were rock hard. I can imagine the school bully laying the smack down with an oat treat.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It probably seemed like a great idea at the time, but I've no doubt the creator of this "solution" is wishing they'd gone with their initial idea of having marshmallow cushions placed on the corners of the offending flapjacks.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
It probably seemed like a great idea at the time, but I've no doubt the creator of this "solution" is wishing they'd gone with their initial idea of having marshmallow cushions placed on the corners of the offending flapjacks.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Granted, the tasty treats over in UK are more like oat/granola bars over here (US)...but banning them in triangles makes even less sense than simply blaming the food itself as the problem.

The article states that the food in square and rectangle shapes are still acceptable, however, aren't these kids bright enough to realize that by cutting their square flapjacks diagonally they will actually double...or even quadruple the amount of triangular-shaped ammo they will be able to launch at one another?
edit on 26-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Granted, the tasty treats over in UK are more like oat/granola bars over here (US)...but banning them in triangles makes even less sense than simply blaming the food itself as the problem.

The article states that the food in square and rectangle shapes are still acceptable, however, aren't these kids bright enough to realize that by cutting their square flapjacks diagonally will actually double...or even quadruple the amount of triangular-shaped ammo they will be able to launch at one another?

haha

When we were at school we used to get 1p/2p coins and bend them in the metal workshops to fire with elastic bands at each other.

Seems madness to ban oats

edit on 26-3-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I heard this on the news, this is a disgrace, saying that they have sharp edges, why not just cut them off, then again there would still be corners, why not make round flapjacks?

Pens and pencils can be used to stab another student, ban those too?

Schools are getting ridiculous these days.

When i was in school if you forgot your PE kit you had a choice, either wear something out of the non wash bin or wear a girls kit. Plus the PE teacher would give you a slap if you got something wrong. These days that is classed as child abuse but when i was at school it was called respect.
edit on 26/3/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
whoever gets hurt by a flapjack, needs to seek help, and not cry about it. for all of our sake, theylle ban breakfast all together next

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
When i was in school if you forgot your PE kit you had a choice, either wear something out of the non wash bin or wear a girls kit. Plus the PE teacher would give you a slap if you got something wrong. These days that is classed as child abuse but when i was at school it was called respect.
edit on 26/3/2013 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

This thread makes me nostalgic. For us it was the lost property bin or t-shirt and underpants haha. We had the old rough and tumble polish dude who used to throw us up walls, chuck us in cold showers, roll in the snow during rugby season to "warm us up" lol.

I remember stealing bread rolls from the canteen and putting them over the end of a tap and filling them with water. Proceeding with launching them at fellow students from balconies & windows.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
first off how so you make a triangle shaped pancake are usually round and two why not justmake them fluffy if they werent over cooked they would not be hard enough to hurt some one.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
first off how so you make a triangle shaped pancake are usually round and two why not justmake them fluffy if they werent over cooked they would not be hard enough to hurt some one.

Its a flapjack not a pancake. Flapjacks tend to be baked oats welded together with golden syrup. Rock hard depending on style.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If non-UK citizens had handled weapons grade flapjack, they wouldn't be so dismissive of its threat potential when used as a projectile. Do more research folks, and you'll realise exactly what we are dealing with over here!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Weapons grade flapjack, love it, very good!

I saw this item on the news and they said the "victim" had to take the rest of the day off school to recover from the injuries sustained during the strike of said flapjack... I say the kid managed to blag the staff and get the rest of the day off, then the whole thing snowballed out of the school gates and ended up at the top brass, who clearly have nothing better to do with their time.

This kind of thing happens more often than one would think, here in the UK. Quite funny really.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Chesterpudlian because: Because we can

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you think it's getting ridiculous in the UK, check out whats happening in the US:

Toaster Pastry Gun Freedom Act’ proposed in Maryland Read more: dailycaller.com...

A nationwide flurry of suspensions seemed to reach an absurd level recently when Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, Maryland, was suspended for two days because his teacher thought he shaped a strawberry, pre-baked toaster pastry into something resembling a gun Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join