It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK School Bans Triangular Flapjacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

So triangle shaped pancakes are banned because they have sharp corners, but the corners of square and rectangular pancakes aren't as sharp and pointy? Suuuuure! Makes sense to me! *eyeroll*

That's not even the most absurd part of this... the ridiculous thing is that they think an incident like this is common enough that they need to ban a particular shape of flapjacks. I seriously have never heard of anything so dumb in my entire life... this probably takes the cake.

There are many things in a school environment which have sharp points and can be thrown around like flapjacks. Scissors, pencils and pens, rulers, text books, the list goes on and on. I suppose we better ban text books and pointy pencils huh?

Haha... I'm in hysterics... and these people are supposed to be educators. Pffffttttt...
edit on 25/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do they still allow boomerang-shaped ones, though?
LOL!
Ahhhh. ...thanks for the laugh!
s/f
How utterly silly. Silly, silly like Monty Python silly.
edit on 25-3-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

very neatly summarised
sadly this kind of crap is rife

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
To clear up a bit of misunderstanding for our American cousins. British Flapjacks are NOT Pancakes.

They are made of Oats, Butter, Honey and Flour. They are then baked. They should be chewy and fairly soft but it seems the offending delicacy in question had been baked until it resembled a Cinder Block.

This of course is quite typical in the Great British tradition of School Dinners.

Fondly do I remember gluing the sole back on my shoe with a bit of the Dinner Lady's Tapioca Pudding.

Point taken (no pun intended)...forgive me my limited geometry skills, but wouldn't a square or rectangle-shaped flapjack have EVEN MORE offending edges than a triangle-shaped treat?
edit on 25-3-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Squares have 4 corners, so usng their logic they just made this epidemic a whole lot worse. Poor kids, they should be fed through straws to be safe.

Sad people.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Just strap the little darlings to a table and feed them intravenously. Safest way, by far.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You may laugh for now, but one day some poor kid will get stabbed by a flapjack and.. well..

..won't somebody please think of the children!?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just to clear up any confusion, I have a picture of some British Flapjacks.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Point taken (no pun intended)...forgive me my limited geometry skills, but wouldn't a square or rectangle-shaped flapjack have EVEN MORE offending edges than a triangle-shaped treat?

Good Point

I'd be more concerned about concussion though.

Just be thankful you have never been forced to suffer the horrors of a British School Dinner.

I'm sure the Geneva Convention has laws about such things.

(p.s. Sorry if I'm not taking this seriously, but......)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Squares have 4 corners, so usng their logic they just made this epidemic a whole lot worse.

OMG We've got flap jacks of mass destruction on our hands!!! Run for the hills!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just to clear up any confusion, I have a picture of some British Flapjacks.

i laughed, i cried, i baked some offensive weaponry

ETA: at least now you all know why we have such bad teeth!
edit on 25-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Just strap the little darlings to a table and feed them intravenously. Safest way, by far.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing!

Here in the U.S., schoolkids are expelled for chewing their rectangular-shaped pop tarts into the shape of a gun.

What about kids who chew their Generic American Singles into Cheesus shapes, though? Just wondering.

edit on 25-3-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Would this not make the case that books ( 4 sharp edges) are potentially harmful for these poor children? I mean, what if somebody throws one? OMG! Get rid of the chairs too!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

heavens above no! chairs can be very useful for teachers - if turned upsides down and used correctly then they can keep four PITA kids immobile for hours. just wash the legs thoroughly afterwards

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I imagine being hit in the face with a flapjack, feels like being hit in the face with a flapjack, regardless of shape. How sharp could the edges possibly be? Maybe they should just round off all the sharp edges on everything in the name of safety.
I like that they still accept square or rectangular though. What makes a triangle more lethal? And why not just go for classic round if they insist any shape is more dangerous than another?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Better ban paper, since you can also get a nasty paper cut from the edges! OMG!! Think of the children!

edit on 25-3-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can throw loads of these at people am i technically classed as an assault noming machine? better get down the cop shop and join chuck norris as i have hands classed as dealy weapons
, i would go in and ask but someone would probably try and arrest me for carrying weapons of mass tummy filling (but at least i'd get a free flight to Cuba
)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Seriously, this is really just another classic example of the current liberal mentality in action.

A kid throws food at another kid during a cafeteria food fight, hitting the child in the eye...and the current administration, taking absolutely zero responsibility for slacking in it's own duty to supervise and discipline the offending behavior, ultimately ends up blaming the item of food as the problem...while giving their own culpability in the incident a complete pass.

liberal mentality??...i was going to say conservative mentality, some little rich boy told his daddy, that he was being picked on. the daddy having friends in high places, wanted heads to roll.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join