learn more

Giant Disc Shaped UFO over moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I welcome all theories because we could all be wrong but please provide an explanation of why the object (assuming it's not CGI) appears to come to an almost stop at 2:34 then zoom off away. I eliminated the camera is moving theory since the camera was not moving vs any frame of reference on the moon while the object appeared to slow down to a standstill.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Honestly it looks like an airplane that is caught in the foreground of the moon, since the Moon is the object being focused, the plane looks like a giant orb, but in fact is just an airplane out of focus. Thats my opinion, and im definetly a UFO believer and have seen many weird anomolys in the skies. still a very cool catch.

Seems a bit CIRCULAR to be a airplane surely or i am imagining the circular shaped unknown object in the video.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

Honestly it looks like an airplane that is caught in the foreground of the moon, since the Moon is the object being focused, the plane looks like a giant orb, but in fact is just an airplane out of focus. Thats my opinion, and im definetly a UFO believer and have seen many weird anomolys in the skies. still a very cool catch.

Seems a bit CIRCULAR to be a airplane surely or i am imagining the circular shaped unknown object in the video.

But just circular enough to be Bokeh.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
It looks like it's out of focus and doesn't follow the Moon curvature, meaning the object is likely much closer than the background.

It is out of focus and likely close. The 'strobing' effect is not likely that of a commercial aircraft, but could be something to do with a camera video effect, it's very similar to the the way the out of focus particles are viewed in the foreground of the space tether video.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Either the object is transparent or it is "bokeh", as someone already said, because if you pause the video just as the object is passing over the Moon's edge you can clearly see the edge through the object.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

1. Good response
2. Now care to answer this?

I welcome all theories because we could all be wrong but please provide an explanation of why the object (assuming it's not CGI) appears to come to an almost stop at 2:34 then zoom off away. I eliminated the camera is moving theory since the camera was not moving vs any frame of reference on the moon while the object appeared to slow down to a standstill.

So far, no one has touched this question. Disappointed.SMH.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would say this. It is a picture of the moon, maybe a large poster on a wall. They ponit a laser pen at the picture and "follows" it. As some other poster said, they aren´t following the "orb". In the first sequence the ord leave the area of the moon to the left, the camera however stay in the same place and won´t follow the orb outside of the visible area of the moon. The pulsating can be a focusing artifact or added after effect.

When you see this, and actually got a camera to film it, then why make all the cuts? And why would you not focus on following the object? The moon is in to good a resolution i think, and it looks stationary to, as in, with that kind of zoming in on the moon it would move pretty fast out of the picture if you wasnt moving the camera, as you can see in the first sequence, he stops moving the camera, and the moon is nicely framed all the time.

But this is just what I think, and I am probably very wrong. And yes, I belive in extraterrestials.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
they're mining our helium-3 and we're sitting here shooting each other!!!

hail them! on screen!

ahahahaha that was a good read and brought me a much needed smile, thank you indeed. just so they don't go trying to beam me up i'll be safe.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
surely this fake????
as in, they've taken one of the ufo's from the tether ufo video,
and put it in a film of the moon
it looks exactly the same
it pulses exactly the same speed
ah here, it is a tether ufo
for this reason i call fake

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

If it is real then more than one person would have seen it and also videoed it from a new perspective. It seems suspicious that it hovers around the moon. More likely to be seen near the moon.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Video is a hoax.

First, it was discussed quite a bit here on ATS last year. You'll have to search but it is in this forum.

Notice how it's posted on YouTube on 13 March, 2013, with an account that has a advertisement....the YouTuber is trolling for hits.

Here, it's already be reposted by yet another YouTube account:

youtu.be... this one is on the 23rd of March.

The original has been removed by the person that posted it last year, but they forgot one that is still up, in which they zoomed in with the video and used the "stabilization" feature. Here it is here, dated 13 June, 2012:

Next, last year when we discussed this, I and others pointed out several problems with the video:

1) The video shooter NEVER follows the UFO too far past the moon. Instead, they let it go off screen, everything.

Why?

Because it's not really the moon in real time but a picture or a poster.

Ask yourself this: If you spotted a UFO in your telescope and it was moving that slow, would you let it drift out of the frame? Or would you be desperately trying to keep it in the frame at all times?

2) The original poster of the video said that it was through the telescope.......many of us that do use telescopes debunked that right away due to the movement of the video.

3) With the zoomed in video, you can tell that it's a light source that is out of focus on a primary mirror of a telescope. So while the moon shot is not through a telescope the "UFO" is.

It's a poster or picture of the moon video that has been combined with a out of focus shots of most likely helicopters with their flashing navigation lights video.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The camera shake (how was this recorded?) zooming in on the moon with anything hand-held would make it -much- more jerky as the movements are amplified.

As it is, it looks just like Adobe After Effects "wobble" effect with smoothing - and something handheld wouldn't produce that effect when you zoom in on something like the moon.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes, here we go, a thread from back on June 2012 about this video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a good read.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks for pointing out the hoax video. The video itself does not exist in the previous thread but rather re-uploaded again for the March 2013 go around.

Good catch.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Uh, oh. I tawt I taw a tweety boid.
I did! I did taw a tweety boid, fwapping its widdle wings.

bokeh

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by smurfy

1. Good response
2. Now care to answer this?

So far, no one has touched this question. Disappointed.SMH.

No need, the 'Transience' across the Moon's hemisphere is of an out of focus object. Had it been, say a jet doing the same transit, it would have been almost instantaneous, and probably in focus. should it have been captured on the video. Where it is supposed to stop, is neither here nor there, since all motion stops, including the strobe effect..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
I can kind of see a small indent and hole in the center sort of like what you see in NASA's famous "Tether Incident" video (jump to 2:12):

Honestly they look identical. The indent is in the exact same spot (bottom of the object, moving from left to right).
edit on 25-3-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

I entirely agree. And since the "Tether incident" has been widely explained by experts, I think it's safe to say we're dealing with same thing here. It's dust, out of focus.

Cheers,
Nos

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
it looks alot closer than the moon
sort of like it's in front of the lens and the moon is awy back in the background. just how it looks to me

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I don't no if its fake or not but it can't be a plane because it stays in view for way to long.
When viewing the moon through my telescope at about he same distance as him the moon would pass from ciew within a few minutes.
This is CGI or something near the moon.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
This is CGI or something near the moon.

As it happens you have the evidence yourself of it being a hoax.

Take a look at your video of the moon in this thread, and recall how it "shimmers" and wobbles due to the effects of our unsteady atmosphere.

Now, the moon in the UFO video is ROCK SOLID. **
Its a photo of the moon, not the real object through a telescope.

That effect was, as an amateir astronomer, the first thing that stood out to me as being obviously not a video of the actual moon.

Edit...
** I'm speaking here of atmospheric steadiness, the "seeing", not the camera wobbles.
edit on 26-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join