It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting u2u's - it's not just me, is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i've not been commenting actively on ATS very long, probably about six to eight months, and i've noticed during that time that i have had a steadily increasing number of u2u's from other members.
now ofc i'm sure we all get various comments about threads and posts - general chit chat and so forth, and i both send and recieve these.
what i am referring to in the title of the thread though are the more mystical ones, requests with help fulfilling prophesies, saving the world from interdimensional beings, reuniting with the god head, even being the saviour of mankind and stuff. i dont mind this, sometimes it is entertaining, sometimes enlightening in a leftfield kind of a way..
in my day to day life i have dealt with very high numbers of, er.. "original" folk, if you catch my drift, and have often been in the position to offer help and support etc, which i do whenever i can, be that professionally or in my personal life... maybe that comes over in some way and helps me to collect such folk (though i thought i probs appeared rather sarky on ats, but there you go)...
long story short, do other people get requests to save the world and break open the bounds of reality or help needy people through their day, or is it just me?
edit on 25-3-2013 by skalla because: minor errors

edit on 25-3-2013 by skalla because: spell it like an englishman by jove!

edit on 25-3-2013 by skalla because: i cant spell for tofu

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Cos we all wuv you

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I never get those. I guess the chosen ones don't believe I can help Lord Shabadala-Bing-Bong enter the 7th Galactic plane to overthrow George Bush and the Illuminati-Reptilian overlords...

Shucks!

edit on 25-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

dude, next time you want to break open some ancient monument with my warlock powers, you know i'm there for you

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Although I have never received PMs requesting that I save the world once I got a PM requesting that I remove a curse placed on a disturbed individual who claimed a witch had transformed him into a woman. I was very amused by the request.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the only u2us I get are "ill mannered post removed"... by some guys... I dont know who they are, but they sound serious.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If you check in your introduction thread is a wierdo's off button

It looks like this

Press it once and all should be well

Good luck

Cody

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

this totally counts

we should form a club, maybe make t-shirts, and badges and stuff....

we could carry "ATS mystical helper" first aid kits - containing grimoirs, choccy biscuits, valium, warmy blankys, damp sponges and extra long rolls of tin foil.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It depends, if I have a picture of myself as my avatar I get more U2U's generally. Most of those are just guys telling me that they think i'm pretty. It's kind of annoying, so I don't tend to use my picture much.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

hey, loki is seriously hot, i proper would

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by littled16

this totally counts

we should form a club, maybe make t-shirts, and badges and stuff....

we could carry "ATS mystical helper" first aid kits - containing grimoirs, choccy biscuits, valium, warmy blankys, damp sponges and extra long rolls of tin foil.

I'm in, but we might need to add some beer and wine to our kits- you know, just in case!

link   
reply to post by skalla

That he is, I'd def try to hit it too.

link   
I can send you a weird one if your getting to like them
....slightly disturbed are we?????

edit on 25-3-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat as Boncho. Nobody ever asks for my help to save the world or achieve enlightenment or any of that stuff.

Mostly, I get PM from folks who like my latest avatar pic, nasty PM from the mods when I've been bad and an occasional applause PM.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

On a personal note, I've had a few really strange U2Us over the years here but only rarely had any really strange ones. But yeah, some were... ummmm...okay, a bit off the wall.

I think plenty of members get such U2Us, so I'll just say that you have absolutely no obligation to reply to them, even if the other person "demands" it.

If you get any that you find offensive or threatening or you're being harassed, then by all means let us know via the complaint feature. (Click on "Tools" at the top of any page, then click on "Complaint".) In such a case, please don't delete the U2U until you're contacted back by staff.

And for anyone, please do not post any U2Us in any public board here unless you have the written permission from the other person to do so. U2Us are private and it's an absolute no-no to post anything from them without that permission.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
obviously i was tempted to post some, however that would be seriously mean, anonomised or otherwise, and no doubt against t&c's as well as "ye olde mystical helper code"

ho hum

ETA: i'm not hassled by these, i work in mental health as well as having lead a more than interesting life

edit on 25-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

No one ever responds to my u2u's which is kindof rude IMO. I have not sent many but the ones I receive if they need a response I respond, I mean how hard it to say thanks for the link or the thought or whatever.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Lucky you Skalla,

Since i contributed to Rockys and Codys threads about what members might look like etc etc...

Ive been getting U2Us from people sending me the cleaning bill for the carpet after they saw my picture as a young un and threw up!

Naaaaa, only joking... maybe it also has something to do with your avatar as well...?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
the only u2us I get are "ill mannered post removed"... by some guys... I dont know who they are, but they sound serious.

Lol, I get those alo also, who are "mods"? They do seem to be quite serious about my explain to idiots that they are idiots some times.

Hhhmm , maybe I will have to look into this further

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join