It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you personally consider something a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this so I apologize if it is.

Basically what I'd like to know is when do you personally consider something a conspiracy?

I don't really know what my standards of for this type of thing. My decision always involves me doing my own personal research and using logic of course.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont know man...

I have cats. I'm sure you know what that means...

They. Watch. Everything.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Generally when two or more people plot in secrecy to accomplish a common goal, usually for nefarious reasons.

But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I consider it a conspiracy when more than two or people are collaborating in doing something illegal.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When the cover story, offical story, reason for being, stated purpose ect ect dont match up with results after a good shake down.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When two or more people do something(according to you) but general public seems unaware or does not pay attention.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
I consider it a conspiracy when more than two or people are collaborating in doing something illegal.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. What events have to occur before you're convinced a conspiracy is occurring and how do you determine whether this events are believable or not?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
When the cover story, offical story, reason for being, stated purpose ect ect dont match up with results after a good shake down.

That's generally how I decide as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jessasaurusreeex

The FBI investigated JFK, RFK and MLK. The conclusion in all three cases was the same: a lone nut gunman did it and left the weapon behind.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

A more fundamental question is when do you know something is a fact. Harry Truman said that the Republicans like our democratic form of government so much that they would like to buy it. I use to think he as only joking.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'd have to say a conspiracy to me is when an outcome does not reflect the input.

For example: We're being told that health insurance premiums might go up next year - might even double.
Now, wait a minute. It's now the law that everyone has to have health insurance. This means that doctors and hospitals are getting paid by everyone.

My thinking is that, if anything, insurance premiums should go DOWN next year, not up. If the premiums go up, it would be a conspiracy to me.

top topics

join