It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law will require New Yorkers to put no more than seven rounds in a 10-bullet magazine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Thats what they are trying to do, but the messed up part and the one that has everyone upset is they are trying to include retired and off duty cops as well. Which I am sorry but if your a retired cop your no different than the average citizen.
reply to post by jaynkeel

Actually you are so wrong on that.

This new Federal law exempts qualified active and retired law enforcement officers from local and State prohibitions on the carrying of concealed firearms while off-duty across state lines
LINK
My father is a retired cop and he has to go periodically to the range and basically be re-certified. So there is how they are different.
Oh yea and one little odd fact. Yesterday I learned that I own a five round mag for my AR, it is a hunting magazine to boot! The ignorant masses don't know but you can hunt with a AR-15 in NY. The mag looks like a ten round but has been blocked. Easy enough to turn it back into a ten rounder but I mat want to go shoot some coyotes with it at some point.
edit on 25-3-2013 by hangedman13 because: more fuel

I am not following, why does your father have to be range certified because he is retired? Is he still active with the force some how? My thoughts are from a civilians point of view, I am sorry but off duty and retired cops should be no different than a civilian. And many folks think the same as me. If they cannot extend the same rights to a vet that served our country then why do the police get a free pass? I am not arguing the fact of carrying a weapon off duty just the number of bullets, obviously an off duty cop should be able to handle and carry round the clock. But if the state passes a law saying 7 bullets is the magic number then it should apply across the board because a cop or civilian in an emergency situation should have the same number of chances to engage the bad guy/gal.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Retired cops often work private security details.

He might be guarding the Rolling Stones on their next concert tour. Has to go out onto the range to keep up his private security license.

Just speculating. Maybe the Rolling Stones have other private security guards who were former Navy SEALs.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just so you all know, down here in Texas, when you talk about New York and California....we just shake our head.

Its a damn shame how they are trying to turn their citizens into shadows of what they should be.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If a New Yorker fills his magazine with more than seven rounds while outside the city of New York boundary lines, has that New Yorker broken the New York City law?

If banning abortion remains law in North Dakota..

If single sex marriage remains law in nine states....

If legalized marijuana remains legal in a couple of states....

If single sex marriage remains banned in several states....

You notice a pattern, here. Different states. Different laws. Some Tenth Amendment stuff.

If New York City continues to outlaw guns within its border....but the other counties of New York State outlaw the outlawing of guns in their counties....

We've got the Tenth Amendment potentially affecting not just individual states...but affecting individual counties within the state.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join