It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you choose? Integrity vs Truth vs Real Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What would you do in this situation?

You and a friend rob a bank, you both have a sidearm pistol. During the robbery your accomplice grabs your gun and shoots and kills a guard. You get caught...

Due to conflicting witness reports, a police botch up on the Miranda reading, and faulty cameras you're faced with the following choice:

A) Misdemeanor breaking and entering with one year in prison and a publicly available police report stating you killed a guard.

B) Bring forth a video tape you're in possession of which shows your friend pulled the trigger, thereby providing the evidence to force a 5-year felony Bank Robbery sentence on yourself, but clearing your name of the murder.

Which would you choose? and why?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

It's an interesting moral brain-teaser. But my overall problem with such puzzles is that the premise alone makes my answer inadmissible. I would never rob a bank and the instant one of my buddies was serious about robbing a rank, that would be the end of our contact.

But, just for the sake of your thread...I have always been one to uphold truth no matter what. Thus, I pick option B. I did not murder anyone and have the video evidence to prove it. I will face the consequences of my actions so long as the truth passes my own lips.

Again...the whole premise is flawed. After that answer above, do I really sound like a bank robber? Do I sound like a murder-burglar? Oh well, I tried.
edit on 25-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

First off, I wouldn't put myself in a position where I was robbing a bank.
The odds of pulling one off successfully in the US are not very good.

But otherwise, I would take the blame for killing the guard and go on my way. Either way a violent crime goes on your record. I would rather not spend 5 years in prison. Prison is not an entertaining place to be.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Neither. I'd get a better lawyer and wiggle out of it completely. Maybe not the most upstanding thing to to but better than either sitting in jail for a year with a murder on your back or snitching out your friend plus sitting in jail for an even longer stretch. A really good lawyer will produce witnesses who saw the event and prove you didn't kill anyone, and a really smart defendant will produce a tight alibi.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A) Misdemeanor breaking and entering with one year in prison and a publicly available police report stating you killed a guard.

Of the two options... Probably get even less with good behavior and prison overpopulation.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Thermo Klein
You and a friend rob a bank, you both have a sidearm pistol. During the robbery your accomplice grabs your gun and shoots and kills a guard. You get caught...
... you're faced with the following choice:

B) Bring forth a video tape you're in possession of which shows your friend pulled the trigger, thereby providing the evidence to force a 5-year felony Bank Robbery sentence on yourself, but clearing your name of the murder.

B&E is NOT a lesser-included of robbery, assault or murder; so, not a likely scenario. Proof of the elements of robbery does not prove the elements of B&E. Therefore, you can safely go to trial, you are not guilty of B&E. At the close of the State's evidence, you can move for a "directed verdict" and the Court will instruct the jury to acquit you.

You cannot "undo" a video, police report, witness statement, or your conscience; so you will always be an accomplice to murder and a thief.
edit on 9-11-2013 by jdub297 because: close italics, close bold

new topics

top topics

join