It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Anti Gun News Anchor Gets Schooled in Debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GetLogic

Hey man, I am definitely not anti-gun. I just still don't get what a person would need an automatic weapon for besides to do harm. Handguns: sweet protect yourself from that burglar, maybe get him with your 12 gauge. Go out and shoot those animals with your long gun. But automatic weapons? just bored americans with their gun boners

Let me help educate you, if one can.

Guns don't kill people, but they sure do make it easy to mow down 20 children in 5 minutes.

#1 There was no assault rifle used, or at Sandy Hook. A semi-automatic AR-15 rifle was there.
The criminal of Sandy Hook broke no less than 10 laws, not one law, nor a gun free zone stopped him.

#2 In the Virginia Tech shooting the criminal used 2 pistols a Walther p22 (.22 cal) with a 10 round magazine and a Glock 19 (.9mm) with a 15 round magazine. The people he killed had a better chance to defend themselves, than the Sandy Hook killer's victims, yet he killed more people.

#3 In 1928, when you could walk into a hardware store and buy an "automatic" rifle (assault rifle), a man murdered 38 children, 6 adults and wounded 56 (or 58) others. He used bombs, not "automatic weapons".

See, it's evil people that kill, not guns.

#4 You can't understand what American freedom is, and why our rights are so vital to that freedom.
You can't seem to understand that legal gun owners are not committing these crimes, so how can you understand a simple concept like criminals don't obey the law and more infringing laws will not work ?

In truth, I don't know if you can be educated.
When you say things like "just bored americans with their gun boners" it seems clear you may wish to remain willfully ignorant of such things.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Where i live now i am surrounded by guns all the time. People bring them in and show off their new gun. I don't even own a gun, i feel very comfortable with everyone else having them though. They just don't look at guns as anything but a tool here. I don't fear some crazy person will start shooting up the town/school. More than likely the reason they don't ( one reason anyway) is because they know everybody and their granny is packing. They are tools for hunting and protection in dangerous times. Big cities? Mostly protection and target practice for fun with the average citizen. Criminals will of course love to see a gun ban.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
#4 You can't understand what American freedom is, and why our rights are so vital to that freedom.
You can't seem to understand that legal gun owners are not committing these crimes, so how can you understand a simple concept like criminals don't obey the law and more infringing laws will not work ?

There's the fact that criminals are not amazingly capable at manufacturing procuring weapons, and need cooperation of other people to manufacture and transfer them. Law-abiding people would not transfer weapons to a dangerous paranoid schizophrenic if it were illegal.

Why hasn't there been mass murder with chemical weapons? Because you cannot buy them at Home Depot.
(a chemical weapon is more than a chemical, it is an effective delivery system). Laws do deter law abiding people from making it trivial for dangerous people to obtain dangerous weapons.

Why isn't personal artillery legal? China could make them real cheap.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join