It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Anti Gun News Anchor Gets Schooled in Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Probably one of, if not THE best videos I've seen regarding the gun-control debate.

The gun rights advocate point out ALL the tricks they try to use to "manipulate" the conversion and perspective on guns. Not only that but this video in particular posts links to the cited material throughout the video so is research information and discussion.

The bottom line here is that there is one side of this particular argument that maintained any sense at all...and the other side is using manipulative car salesman tactics to illicit emotional responses/thoughts and PRETEND to participate in some kind of discussion.

Great Video IMHO

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Guns don't kill people, but they sure do make it easy to mow down 20 children in 5 minutes. You think if Mr. I'mthejoker went into that theatre with a baseball bat he would have killed so many people.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetLogic
Guns don't kill people, but they sure do make it easy to mow down 20 children in 5 minutes. You think if Mr. I'mthejoker went into that theatre with a baseball bat he would have killed so many people.

But he didn't...because GUNS EXIST...obviously there was a NO GUN ZONE law in effect and you and the world got to see the effectiveness of that law in action not once with the batman shooting...but twice with the sandy hook shooting.

These people don't go on mass-batting sprees...because GUNS EXIST...If you honestly think laws will make guns disappear into thin air you probably also think doubling the gun free zones will help as well...

You are on a futile crusade from virtually every possible perspective based in reality...

I also find it impressive you watched a 12 min video in ~8mins...plus the amount of time it took you to cook up your well thought our response.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hey man, I am definitely not anti-gun. I just still don't get what a person would need an automatic weapon for besides to do harm. Handguns: sweet protect yourself from that burglar, maybe get him with your 12 gauge. Go out and shoot those animals with your long gun. But automatic weapons? just bored americans with their gun boners
edit on 25-3-2013 by GetLogic because: Gun? thats a rifle mate

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GetLogic

Hey man, I am definitely not anti-gun. I just still don't get what a person would need an automatic weapon for besides to do harm

Most Amerikans do not own "automatic weapons" and its not your place, or governments place or pundits on tv telling us what we need or don't need.

We don't get our right's from our neighbors or government never have.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I like the point he made about methamphetamines too. America made meth illegal, yet it is a huge epidemic! For crying out loud, before "medicinal herbs" were made legal here in Washington state, it wasn't difficult at all to find. It was ridiculously easy to find these "illegal" substances. Make it legal and you drive out the gangs and other shady people who provide you with illegally obtained items (well, honestly that part of the law still needs to be figured out - but you get my point).

Why do people seem to think that taking automatic weapons or "assault weapons" from law abiding citizens is going to magically stop the bad guys? When you make something illegal, it doesn't make it more difficult to get. It just increases the people who make illegal sales. Then you have the "bad guys" armed to the teeth and the regular citizens become helpless. The criminals who commit these crimes aren't going to stop using guns because the government makes them illegal...this kind of thinking is bafflingly ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hey man, I am definitely not anti-gun. I just still don't get what a person would need an automatic weapon for besides to do harm. Handguns: sweet protect yourself from that burglar, maybe get him with your 12 gauge. Go out and shoot those animals with your long gun. But automatic weapons? just bored americans with their gun boners

Fully automatic weapons are already more heavily regulated than the non-automatic weapons. Don't let the media fool you into thinking that all of these scary looking "assault rifles" (which are not actually "assault rifles" by the long accepted definition, but are in reality "assault weapons" by the made up political definition) are automatic. They are not.

Additionally, just so you know, there's nothing at all wrong with you thinking about the genitalia of gun owners. It's a perfectly natural reaction if you swing that way.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'm really tired of the"why do you need" argument.

I can ask that question about a bunch of things but it comes down to I HAVE A RIGHT

I have a right to drink big sodas,
drive huge cars
and own big guns..

b

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

But automatic weapons? just bored americans with their gun boners

Actually, I got to shoot an M16A1 in the army 30 years ago as well as an M2 Browning machine gun. When you fire these weapons (especially the M2) it is a blast (pun intended)! If I could afford it, I would absolutely love to own an M2 and head out to a legal gun range to fire it every so often. Not because of some immaturely labelled "gun boner"
- but because it's fun. Some people ski, some people skydive, some people are gamers, and some people like to go to a range and unload a few clips. It's just different entertainment for different people. I would be perfectly fine with more thorough background checks or waiting periods or whatever - because if you need an assault rifle right now, you probably shouldn't have one, but just because you "don't get it" doesn't mean it's wrong.
edit on 25-3-2013 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

...And if he went into a kindergarten class with that same baseball bat, i think he could well have killed 20 children. Don't you think?

How many teachers do you think would be able to physically stop someone savagely swinging a baseball bat?

Would you jump in there? Would you run and get help? How many could he take out during the time when you're away? How exactly would you stop him? Who would stop him? I'll tell you who, the first person to show up with a gun, that's who.

Do you know what Israeli teachers carry? Rifles. Just go into one of their classes intending to do harm to their children. I don't care what you bring in, you won't get far.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great video in my opinion. He logically and psychologically dismissed all of the "Anchor's" concerns. Look people, you can't legislate morality, it will not work in Hell, Heaven or any other plane of existence.

If you don't like guns, don't get one. But living your life in fear is not the way to go.

"we must get rid of guns because of....think of the children".... Yes, indeed, think of children. Go get armed, get trained and quit trying to play the victim. Don't even have a victim mindset, because that SETS YOU UP to be a victim.

Again, great video.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No if he wanted to honestly kill everyone he would have made a basket full of molotov cocktails and made sure the doors were blocked or locked then with his Bic lighter created mayhem and death; ban the Bic!!. Someone who is looking to kill can do it...Pipe bombs, fire, or any other method of mass destruction is available to someone who is determined. Mix a couple of house hold chemicals together and really mess up a crowded room with no escape exit.....I am sure there are many more but I don't dwell on such things.

Guns make it easier, I have to agree with you, or armies would still be using the battle ax and bow but killing is easier than many obviously believe. Hammers, cars, and Doctors do allot of killing not to mention prescription drugs; last stat I saw was 160,000 a year for prescription drugs alone... Of course if you are worried about the 20 kids in your post please don't think about the 2000 kids aborted every single day in America, inconvenient truth etc etc.

To the Op thanks for posting but it will be lost on the anti gun crowd.... everyone is rather entrenched in their beliefs, kinda like a religion.

There are laws pretty much every where against killing. Take the guns from those who are responsible members of society and the only ones who will be armed are the Cartels and gang bangers. The no gun thingy is working great in Chicago and Detroit if you wanna get mugged, robbed, or killed.
edit on 25-3-2013 by 727Sky because: then

edit on 25-3-2013 by 727Sky because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You know what man if you shot some guns in the army good on you. I would love to shoot big guns as well. In the army I see it as acceptable, It is these peoples jobs to protect us. But a gun is not a toy it is very serious.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by tallcool1

You know what man if you shot some guns in the army good on you. I would love to shoot big guns as well. In the army I see it as acceptable, It is these peoples jobs to protect us. But a gun is not a toy it is very serious.

Exactly why I said I would take it to a legal gun range. I haven't looked it up, but I would guess that more people die skydiving every year than people at gun ranges. Perhaps we should outlaw skydiving - you know, to save the people.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Hey man, I am definitely not anti-gun. I just still don't get what a person would need an automatic weapon for besides to do harm

Most Amerikans do not own "automatic weapons" and its not your place, or governments place or pundits on tv telling us what we need or don't need.

tell that to the americans whos ancestors were japanese, and who were put into camps during WW2....your rights are convienent privledges and can be taken away at any time. my father-in-law was put into those camps at the age of 16...after he came out, he never voted in another election again, because when the going got tough for him and other japanese-americans, the constitution didn't mean squat.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

He would hsve just driven a car full of fertilizer and diesel fuel into it, people intent on doing evil, eill find a way.

Forcing everyone else to be defenseless isnt going to stop anything. Hence the schools getting shot ip, and nobody having the power to stop them.

If even one teacher present at any of them had a firearm, the could have ootentially stoped it as soon as it started.

Forcing people to not have defensive means at their disposal only makes the situations worse all around

link   

I own a SIGM400 and I dont feel very bored and at the moment, lack an erection

I dont go out and "Shoot sh1t up" like Rambo, I own one for Self Defense! I dont want to rely on a 7 round pistol to defend my home if im being invaded by multiple burglars(Especially if they are armed). I dont want to rely on a pistol to save my life during a catastrophic event. I dont want to rely on a pistol if society collapses and things get rough. I dont want to rely on a pistol to fight Tyranny foreign or domestic.

Dont think AR-15's have a place in hunting? Dead Wrong! Very popular among many hunters and NO they do not go running out in the woods with a 100 round drum shooting critters left and right like Pierce Morgan likes to inform his Audience

Go type in "Korean Shopkeepers L.A. Riots" on Youtube and tell me what gun they were using the most. When everyone else in the area had their stores looted,smashed, and burned the Koreans protected theirs.

edit on 25-3-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by neo96

tell that to the americans whos ancestors were japanese, and who were put into camps during WW2....your rights are convienent privledges and can be taken away at any time. my father-in-law was put into those camps at the age of 16...after he came out, he never voted in another election again, because when the going got tough for him and other japanese-americans, the constitution didn't mean squat.

So - is your example of the horrible and illegal misuse of power by the US goverment a vote for gun rights? Because I'm not sure what you're trying to say. When the government abuses it's power, we should just bend over further?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
These people don't go on mass-batting sprees...because GUNS EXIST...If you honestly think laws will make guns disappear into thin air you probably also think doubling the gun free zones will help as well...

The obvious answer here is that we need to prevent people who shouldn't have access to guns from getting guns - any guns. Or at least try to limit that access as much as possible. Isn't that right? Is that something everyone can agree on? Guns are here to stay, for better or worse. I don't see how you can a achieve a safer pro-gun society without the enforcement of effective laws that make sure only responsible people are buying and using those guns.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah well same people who did that are trying to ban guns Same PEOPLE.

Same political party.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join