It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin may freeze German assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Russia: Cyprus deal is theft, Kremlin may freeze German assets

According to the Telegraph the Kremlin is considering freezing German assets in Russia as payback for the bailout deal.

The escalation is scary....Looks like the time is getting much nearer for the whole thing to truly get ugly for the rest of us...

edit on 25-3-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hrmmm....

Don't get a bailout lose 100% of my money.
Get a bailout only lose 10% of my money.

Which is a better deal?

Why should the people of europe be bailing out banks for their bad decisions?
Do small businesses get bailouts?

Why aren't we going after all the money paid to bank bosses in bonuses?

Questions we should be asking.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That would sound like a pretty drastic move... let's see.

You link to digitaljournal.com...
which sources The Telegraph...
which sources a tweet from Steve Hawkes who works for The Sun?!?

I don't believe this one unless we can find some decent sources to back it up.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Yes, I noted this too.

Still looking for something more concrete,

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This seems a proper response to me. Turnabout has always been considered a fair play.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Of course, this doesn't help very much...

DIJSSELBOOM: Eurogroup President Spooks Markets By Saying Cyprus Deal Is A New Template

Today, in an interview with Reuters and the Financial Times, Dutch Finance Minister and President of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers Jeroen Dijsselbloem said that the Cyprus deal will serve as a template for future bank restructurings in the euro zone.

Can you hear the sucking sound now? Why would anyone outside the Eurozone keep deposits there?

It occurs to me that maybe Europe just saved the US.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Of course, this doesn't help very much...

DIJSSELBOOM: Eurogroup President Spooks Markets By Saying Cyprus Deal Is A New Template

Today, in an interview with Reuters and the Financial Times, Dutch Finance Minister and President of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers Jeroen Dijsselbloem said that the Cyprus deal will serve as a template for future bank restructurings in the euro zone.

Can you hear the sucking sound now? Why would anyone outside the Eurozone keep deposits there?

It occurs to me that maybe Europe just saved the US.

Saved the US? I disagree.

The precedent has been set and unless the people actually make a big enough fuss about this, you can expect the same crap to happen here.

Either way, regular people just got the biggest screwing they could imagine.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If depositors leave before such action, where do you think all that cash will go? Institutions don't have mattresses.

My prediction... fat us bank accounts and a new realty bubble making the last one look like soap suds.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lol, didn't you hear? Diesel Boom didn't say what he said:p

That thing Diesel-BOOM very, very clearly said earlier? He did not say it. After all, can't have the market getting any ideas that reality may be slowly coming back to the basket case that is Europe:

EU DIJSSELBLOEM SPOKESWOMAN: DIJSSELBLOEM DIDN'T SAY CYPRUS A TEMPLATE FOR BANK RESTRUCTURINGS - DOW JONES
So not only are European depositors still impairable, because sadly Dijsselbloem was dead serious in his Reuters interview, but the new Eurogroup head pulled a Juncker and confirmed "it is serious" in the process losing all credibility too.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Jeez. I can see that getting ugly real quick. Selling bunker space. Bring thine own food. Cost? Grab a shovel.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is just talk. Russia, the other dictator of Europe is trying to make some noise and come out of obsolescence. Hypocrites just like the Germans.

Yes, Germany and the EU and the Euro are the new Third Reich, built up through economic conquest. Germany will never give it up. And Russia needs customers for its natural gas, so it won't freeze any assets.

Russia is just trying to get their overseas money back into their own banks to shore up their own banking system. Beating upon the Cyprus issue is just their way of saying bring the money home and it will be safer here. Yeah right! If Czar Putin wants the money he will take it even easier than in Cyprus, and there won't be any street protests because people still disappear in Russia.

top topics

join