Department Of Homeland Security is NOT Stockpiling Ammo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

From your article:

Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.

ICE's ammunition requests in the last year included:

_450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition

_40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds

_176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract

_25,000 blank rounds

The Homeland Security ammo buy is not the first time the government's bullets purchases have sparked concerns on the Internet. The same thing happened last year when the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was buying 174,000 hollow point bullets.

Ok, so this ammo will be seperated between multiple agencies. The bulk buy allows the government to save money. This ammo, which is UP TO 1.6billion rounds, is for training purposes, with a large chunk of it going to ICE.

Half of the people here crying about this also cry in other threads about lack of immigration regulation/enforcement. If you REALLY think the government is buying this ammo to take you down, why are you exposing yourself on a public forum as a dissenter? Wouldn't bugging out and hiding be the smart thing to do?

The fact that all of you are still here, posting on a public forum, one of the FIRST PLACES they would look if they were actually coming to shoot you be, goes to show that you don't actually believe it, you're merely spreading the word as it was told to you through the various media sources you frequent.

I love how people cherry pick from articles what they want to convey. And again, the article doesn't say they are buying 1.6 billion rounds, but that they have plans to get bids on up to that amount. Would you rather they buy it all in smaller quantities and waste more of your tax dollars, or should they not have it at all?

And alot of people in this thread aren't posting any useful information whatsoever, while simultaneously criticizing the OP for actually doing some research. Shame on you, you are the ignorance that we are supposed to be denying. So take your popular, cliche, collectively crafted catch phrases somewhere else, please.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by tide88

reply to post by tide88

Lol, you have no idea what I want, or what my motivations are.

I was just jerking your chain because you made the claim you woukd debunk the whole thing, yet now you still have a long way to go.

Yes 450 million, is part of it, it is a real order for uo to that amount, so it is true.

Fact so far from your own source, at least 450million rounds have been confimred true by you, thanks for debunking.

Nkw get out there and chase down the rest, or do you want me to do your job for you. Hey I know, just cooy oaste my next reply into your op, that way you can have the data at hand. Ya like I am going to go for that.

450 million over five years with only 10,000 rounds of each guaranteed for the first year, after that they do not need to purchase any more ammo.

Obviously you don't want the truth or have a serious reading comprehension problem.

So just to be clear, only bullets bought this year can kill americans?

Or do you not understand, that is 450 million rounds over 5 years, that is 90 million a years if divided equally.
These rounds are all for use exclusively on american soil, as dhs operates only on american soil, sk these rounds are by simple logic for use on american citizens.

90 million a year for 5 years...... I dont see the misunderstanding for you. Even if onky these 450 million rounds were all of it, it is way too much, and they dont have a decent reason even for needing that much.

Please stop insulting the intelligence of all of these nice people.

Again, that is the maximum number, not the actual number they intend to buy. I posted the amendment in the order that shows the contract only requires them to buy 10,000 rounds of each type of ammo ordered in the first year of the contract. Sure the money is allocated for the total purchase, that way congress will not cut their budget.

One other thing, you know they actually use these bullets for training right. I did link the Gov Liquidation site where the Gov auctions roughly 20 million spent casings monthly to be recycled.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I just want to clarify - I'm not a government apologist. I am sick of this out of control government trying to control everything in our lives. I'm sick of taxes, spending the next 10 generation's money on foreign wars for private profit, and the evident dumbing down of people in this country.

I'm also sick of knee-jerk reactions, people who are fed ideas and haven't the brains or will to find anything out for themselves. I'm sick of the bandwagons and cliches that form over these topics. I'm sick of how people can't seem to form an idea or opinion on their own. I'm sick of how you're either with us or against us here, with no reasonable, rational middle ground.

Most people getting all worked up about these kind of things never actually look into it for themselves like the OP did. That is why I star and flag his thread and that is why I help him argue his point. He took the initiative, and while I'm not asking for anyone to publicly respond, I will wonder out loud how many of you actually looked as deeply into this issue as he did before proclaiming the sky is falling. Don't answer to me, just answer to yourselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Thank you. Knew it was probably pointless to even start this thread, but I figured I would try to at least educate some people. It is sad that people don't want to know the truth.

I guess we can think of these contracts that DHS has like contracts that professional athletes get. You see these huge numbers, but in the end, the rarely get what the contract would pay in full.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by six67seven

From your article:

Federal solicitations to buy the bullets are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga . The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department's umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department's training center last year.

The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government's second largest criminal investigative agency.

ICE's ammunition requests in the last year included:

_450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition

_40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds

_176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract

_25,000 blank rounds

The Homeland Security ammo buy is not the first time the government's bullets purchases have sparked concerns on the Internet. The same thing happened last year when the Social Security Administration posted a notice that it was buying 174,000 hollow point bullets.

Ok, so this ammo will be seperated between multiple agencies. The bulk buy allows the government to save money. This ammo, which is UP TO 1.6billion rounds, is for training purposes, with a large chunk of it going to ICE.

Half of the people here crying about this also cry in other threads about lack of immigration regulation/enforcement. If you REALLY think the government is buying this ammo to take you down, why are you exposing yourself on a public forum as a dissenter? Wouldn't bugging out and hiding be the smart thing to do?

The fact that all of you are still here, posting on a public forum, one of the FIRST PLACES they would look if they were actually coming to shoot you be, goes to show that you don't actually believe it, you're merely spreading the word as it was told to you through the various media sources you frequent.

I love how people cherry pick from articles what they want to convey. And again, the article doesn't say they are buying 1.6 billion rounds, but that they have plans to get bids on up to that amount. Would you rather they buy it all in smaller quantities and waste more of your tax dollars, or should they not have it at all?

And alot of people in this thread aren't posting any useful information whatsoever, while simultaneously criticizing the OP for actually doing some research. Shame on you, you are the ignorance that we are supposed to be denying. So take your popular, cliche, collectively crafted catch phrases somewhere else, please.

It’s called resistance. My family has fought in almost ever major war in US history. French Indian war, Revolutionary war, War of 1812, The Civil War on both sides, WW 1, WW2, Korea, and Afghanistan. This is my homeland and I will not go hiding in the woods. Why are you defending the governments lies?
edit on 25-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I just want to clarify - I'm not a government apologist. I am sick of this out of control government trying to control everything in our lives. I'm sick of taxes, spending the next 10 generation's money on foreign wars for private profit, and the evident dumbing down of people in this country.

I'm also sick of knee-jerk reactions, people who are fed ideas and haven't the brains or will to find anything out for themselves. I'm sick of the bandwagons and cliches that form over these topics. I'm sick of how people can't seem to form an idea or opinion on their own. I'm sick of how you're either with us or against us here, with no reasonable, rational middle ground.

Most people getting all worked up about these kind of things never actually look into it for themselves like the OP did. That is why I star and flag his thread and that is why I help him argue his point. He took the initiative, and while I'm not asking for anyone to publicly respond, I will wonder out loud how many of you actually looked as deeply into this issue as he did before proclaiming the sky is falling. Don't answer to me, just answer to yourselves.

I agree 100% here. I think the government is crooked as hell, but I do like to separate fact from fiction and the sky is falling crap is getting old. In fact if I am right about the orders being placed are for budgetary reasons, it shows how screwed up and crooked our system is.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I have one thing to ask. It seems you only investigated the most recent ammo purchase (feb 2013) the bulk number from the 1 billion came from a purchase that happened early last year and then the story was brought up again when they bought more recently and people added on to it. I am not saying I know for certain it's true, or that I believe it, I am always cautious of these types of stories, but you would have to have been following this story for over a year to understand it.

The actual story is that the DHS bought around 1.4 billion rounds of ammo early 2012, then the story came back up when the started ordering more ammo early this year. So if you were looking for large numbers from this order you were looking in the wrong place, the primary order supposedly happened a long time ago and more recent orders just revived the story. I would suggest amending your thread until you can find this information out, because YOU may have jumped the gun and be giving incorrect information.
edit on 25-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

no no no - i'm clarifying that the purchase is not just one contract as stated by the OP. They are actually buying the ammo, period. i read the article i posted lol. i know their explanation and the period in which they intend to buy it all. but the OP is claiming they just bought less than 200k rounds and they're done buying, which isnt the case. I never once stated their intended purpose for buying, cuz that was contained in the article.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Op, I believe this is a simple misunderstanding.

You bekieve that the fact they dont at present have the 1.6 billion rounds on hand means they arent attempting to stockpile an armies worth of ammo for use against american citizens.

You are mistaken though, as this is the way .gov ammo purchases work. They are earmarking rounds for the future so they have access to them at their want. It is the same pig, nose and butt, are bothpart of the same thing.

Every one of these rounds is plannex for use against americans, on american soil. The people are not the problem, the .gov and the corporations are both the problem and the enemy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Simply stated... NO organization trains with hollow-point or green-tip ammo - NONE! EVER!

Care to Explain the 2,700 MRAP armored personnel carriers and the 2,500 GLS armored fighting platforms procured in 2012? Oh wait, let me guess... they needed a safe vehicle to drive to the store to get milk, right?

Maybe you can enlighten us on the $1B spent on MRE's, body bags and coffins in 2012? This is more than 15 times the normal procurement range within a fiscal year for DHS.

How about bullet proof checkpoint booths? Riot gear? Enough body armor to outfit each DHS employee TWICE!

All of this in the past year!

Couple that with flat out refusals to respond to FOIA requests and you have a rogue agency functioning well outside of its intended charter.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ATS seems to becoming more and more a "OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT" site...hundreds of threads on how americans are getting screwed over by their government, and how taking violent action is the only solution. a divide and conquer sentiment seems to be growing every day, may i remind americans, that there are people that are foreigners, that would love to see a new american civil war.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

You are over a year behind on this story. Again, I didn't see the final numbers on the original purchase, but it wasn't until the last two weeks when this "up to (whatever number)" started being claimed. After thousands of people and politicians started to ask questions. So find us a final number on those initial purchases from over a year ago. You can't start the thread as a man of facts and then descend into conjecture later on (which is what you are doing if you maintain the original story after new information has been added), that's a shady tactic.
edit on 25-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So is the OP denying that the department has bought 1.6 billion bullets within the last year or so? I have read some information that seems to validate these purchases, more than enough bullets to fight a war for many years. The stuff I've read is from contracts due to be filled. The time particulars of the contract were not fully disclosed.

I did not see the head of Homeland Security denying they ordered that many shells when the Senator asked him on the video, or was the video a fabrication also.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Simply stated... NO organization trains with hollow-point or green-tip ammo - NONE! EVER!

Care to Explain the 2,700 MRAP armored personnel carriers and the 2,500 GLS armored fighting platforms procured in 2012? Oh wait, let me guess... they needed a safe vehicle to drive to the store to get milk, right?

Maybe you can enlighten us on the $1B spent on MRE's, body bags and coffins in 2012? This is more than 15 times the normal procurement range within a fiscal year for DHS.

How about bullet proof checkpoint booths? Riot gear? Enough body armor to outfit each DHS employee TWICE!

All of this in the past year!

Couple that with flat out refusals to respond to FOIA requests and you have a rogue agency functioning well outside of its intended charter.

This is incorrect. My firearms instructor is an NRA certified Range Master and active police officer. They DO train with JHP and FMJ. These rounds shoot differently, and you need experience with JHP if that's what you'll be using in the field.

I'm not aware of most of the other claims you've made, but if you have sources I'd be happy to familiarize myself.

infowars is not a source.
edit on 25-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: Correcting typos

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It just seems that way because those are the types of threads you frequent. Keepin' my eyes on you, guy.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I dont think you understand somthing fundamental about americans, it isnt like us to run and hide from a threat, most of us will gladly stand up and face the threat head on.

If we run and hide instead of standing and letting our displeasure be known, how would they realise we arent going to stand for it?

You must be from another country or a democrat, as these are the only folks I know that would run from a obvious threat instead of facing it.
edit on 25-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So is the OP denying that the department has bought 1.6 billion bullets within the last year or so? I have read some information that seems to validate these purchases, more than enough bullets to fight a war for many years. The stuff I've read is from contracts due to be filled. The time particulars of the contract were not fully disclosed.

I did not see the head of Homeland Security denying they ordered that many shells when the Senator asked him on the video, or was the video a fabrication also.

Well, according to others - you're wrong and havent done nearly as much research on this issue as the OP has. So your post is just a kneejerk reaction and you need to answer to yourself!!!

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
ATS seems to becoming more and more a "OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT" site...hundreds of threads on how americans are getting screwed over by their government, and how taking violent action is the only solution. a divide and conquer sentiment seems to be growing every day, may i remind americans, that there are people that are foreigners, that would love to see a new american civil war.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

I dont think this is an Overthrow the government site. Its a open your eyes and see what the government is planning to do to you site.

The best way to change this all is peacefully. The 2nd is to prepare to defend yourself from a Tyrannical government operating outside the constitution. Note the key word here. DEFEND! There is no attacking here.
edit on 25-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
ATS seems to becoming more and more a "OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT" site...hundreds of threads on how americans are getting screwed over by their government, and how taking violent action is the only solution

I don't think it is just ATS. I also don't think it is just an overthrow the government call either. I think that as time goes on more Americans are losing the comfortable lives that they have lived for so long and many people are becoming angry and inquisitive as to why. People are realizing that without action we can and will be swallowed by big government. I still believe change can occur without violence. If Americans just put down their phones and tv's and wrote or contacted their lawmakers in masses we could enact the change that is needed. We are seeing these issues discussed in the political mainstream now because people are becoming active. Overall America is in a downward spiral and many people are awakening to that fact.

link   

I dont think you understand somthing fundamental about americans, it is like us to run and hide from a threat, most of us will gladly stand up and face the threat head on.

If we run and hide instead of standing and letting our displeasure be known, how would they realise we arent going to stand for it?

You must be from another country or a democrat, as these are the only folks I know that would run from a obvious threat instead of facing it.

No. None of you will stand up and face a threat head on. You'll post about it on the internet all day from the comfort of your livingroom. Do you really mean to imply that joining a mob on the internet is standing up and fighting for something?

If you really believed this you'd be protesting at some government office. Instead you're in your climate controlled home toggling between ATS and video games.
edit on 25-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: Correcting typos

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join