It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department Of Homeland Security is NOT Stockpiling Ammo

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I think that was his name, actually let him home and moved to the mountains because something bad was supposed to happen last year

And who foresaw the 9-11 attack ? The handwriting is on the wall, but we don't know when and how.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
So 12 Pages into this and a bunch of posters claiming I can't back up my claims, even though I linked the original contracts from fedbids.gov, the same source info wars used to in their articles, yet not one poster has provided a link that can shows what I have said is false.

I am going to work now, I will gladly respond to any more questions people have when I get back home, however I ask people to use the links and at least read the first four pages. Most of the stuff people are claiming has already been proven wrong in those pages and has links to back it up. I really find it a bit annoying having to repost the same links over and over again.

If you truly are interested in the truth, you will read those pages, if you are not you will just follow the sheep and post the same bogus info you got from Info Wars over and over again.

Your exact wording and post

The 1.6 billion number includes an order for 450 million rounds of HP from contractor ATK. However, that order for 450 million HP's was over a five year period

And like another poster said, they amended the order after people began noticing.

Yah you are right, I don't know the bidding process, but I know that Nineteen Eighty Four is only a few decades late.

Tell me why again DHS is protecting us with hollow points

Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-Calif.) joined Megyn Kelly on the Fox News channel this afternoon to discuss why he and other lawmakers, including Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), are looking for answers from DHS about the reasons for the purchases.He said constituents continually complain to him about a shortage of ammunition for their personal firearms and wonder whether the government is contributing to that problem.
Read more at www.wnd.com...

But the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo would be enough for more than 100 years of training, or, more ominously, enough to fight a war for more than 20 years. It would also be enough to shoot every American more than five times.

www.wnd.com...

If it's dubious enough for a Republican Congressman to question, that's good enough for me right now
Maybe the Congressman doesn't know the bidding process either because he says it may not be the "usual" way to order five years ahead. And of course, it seems that buying in buik saves money....Can I roll my eyes since this admin doesn't care about lowering costs?

People blindly listening to Alex Jones(oh people here just hate him) but likely he got it from AP just like Forbes magazine

The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers.

www.forbes.com...

edit on 26-3-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

BTW, let me apologize for some of the condescending post I have made. I sometimes get frustrated when I have to repeat the same thing over and over again. Of course that is just the way it is here, nobody, including myself, will usually read through all the pages.

Thank you. And, I will apologize for being a smart ass.

Let me ask you something and please answer honestly. Before this thread was started, is it correct to assume you believed that DHS had 1.6 to 2 billion bullets stockpiled somewhere?

I am a tinfoil hat wearing chick from way back, so I am going to automatically distrust just about anything the government has to say. There a ton of things that used to be conspiracy theories that are now fact. The government in general (this is only my opinion) has a pretty bad track record and I am inclined to immediately question anything they have to say.

I have a problem with authority, what can I say.

I don't really know because, there really is no 100% way to know exactly what they have or what their plans are. They aren't the most transparent agency in existence, and like I said before, they wouldn't broadcast it if that were the case. Unlike some others I was aware it was a five year contract and not an already done deal.

Since you have been an active part of this thread since the beginning, if you did believe that, do you still, or did you actually learn something from this thread?

Some of it was review, like the contracts being over a five year period, and some of it was new. I learned a bit about types of ammunition. I am only just now learning about weapons and such; learning to load them, fire them, etc, so the various posts on the types of ammo were the most informative for me.

So, yes, I did learn something.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by tide88

I think that was his name, actually let him home and moved to the mountains because something bad was supposed to happen last year

And who foresaw the 9-11 attack ? The handwriting is on the wall, but we don't know when and how.

Maybe that is what the government fears? That people will finally catch up on THE MYTH and demand heads be chopped off? I suppose I am talking to someone who doesn't even know what 9-11 was 11 years after the event happened, after countless threads on ATS, mentions in the media, alex jones, truther sites, etc.

Allowing the government to kill 3000 people in one day and then hundreds of thousands in the afghan, iraq, syria, libya, etc....the formation of DHS and TSA, NDAA.....is something people would not take lightely and the government fears retaliation. Heck if I were them I would buy more than just hollow points, probably mustard gas to drop everywhere. Just saying!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yes, right, I think we agree on this.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yes, right, I think we agree on this.

I think they rather let North Korea do the dirty work for them. Instigate them enough so that Kim Jung Un has no choice left than to press the buttons enmasse and kill off as many americans as he can. Then the american government will say....ohhhh loookkkk at thoosse EVIL COMMIES! Damm them.

(dick cheney, bill clinton, obama, bush are underground in their bunkers sipping martinis and laughing hysterically at how unbelievably stupid everyone was).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn

Originally posted by wirefly
Well here's another 360,000 more rounds to add to your debunking. Seems like it's just going on and on and on doesn't it. Go ahead, bury your head in the sand, they'll just shoot you in the ass instead.

Yes and these 360,000 rounds are HOLLOW POINTS. NOT ALLOWED INTO BATTLE AND FAR TOO EXPENSIVE FOR TARGET PRACTICE...

360,000 rounds hollow points

DHS is the Department of Homeland Security. The agents use JHP as discussed many times on this thread. The YouTube video above (from 1998) indeed confirms that they use hollow point bullets.

I'm well aware of the new order too. For all we know they could be placing multiple orders to see if they can get a better price. Lets wait and see if that contract is actually even awarded.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I have posted the video from YouTube about the hollow points. They actually explain why they changed to JHP. Maybe if you would watch the video, we could move on from the hollow point issue.

Most police officer as well as fed agents use hollow point bullets and have now for some time.

The shooting was a rare example of the drawbacks posed by so-called hollow-point bullets. The New York Police Department started using those 14 years ago to reduce the likelihood of hitting bystanders, even though in this case the use of such bullets may have resulted in the opposite effect. The bullets have become standard issue for many law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, as a replacement for traditional bullets that can pass right through a suspect. They are considered safer for bystanders because hollow-point bullets are designed to mushroom when they strike a person. They cause massive injuries, but rarely exit.

Google hollow point Empire State Building shooting. Can't link on my mobile

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I agree they should be using JHP as they cause less collateral damage, including killing innocents. But if they go with JHP instead of FMJ they could probably go down to .32acp to injure severly rather than kill. Most of the time sending someone to the hospital is good enough.

9mm is good for long range shooting because it is a very hot round, but unless you are accurate the bullet wound is not that big and it takes 2-3 shoots to bring someone down. I never really liked 9mm.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

one of the major problems in this country is that people no longer read important books. They read only the pop culture crap that supports only their beliefs. Atlas Shrugged and The Fountain Head changed my perspective on politics and life in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by tide88

one of the major problems in this country is that people no longer read important books. They read only the pop culture crap that supports only their beliefs. Atlas Shrugged and The Fountain Head changed my perspective on politics and life in general.

What is important to one is not important to another. Big distinction that should be made.

Another problem in this country, and on ATS specifically, is the completely disregard and refusal of logical thought when it comes to discussions. That issue is rampant in many of the threads dealing with this, and I have gone blue in the face trying to explain raw numbers to people.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
The problem I have, is that posters here just blindly believe what people post, without actually doing any type of research to see if the information is indeed factual, or just plain false.

I disagree, a majority of threads started on here are jumped upon by armchair experts and the poster is often ridiculed....
edit on 26-3-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is some heavy 1984 brainwashing right here. War is peace. Up is down. Black is white.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
To date, DHS has ordered over 2 billion rounds of various ammunition and their corresponding guns. They have also order over 2000 Striker, Heavy Wheeled Combat Vehicles. They are solely responsible for the drying up of the ammunition supply. If you thing they have not massively stockpiled ammunition, then where do you think all the bullets suddenly went. Lake City cetainly didn't stop making and selling bullets, they are trying to fill these enormous orders, and ammo will not be available to John Q. Public until the government has all that they think they will need. What are they preparing for, civil unrest, an invasion from a foreign nation, aliens, or maybe even an impact? We simply don't know, but they are planning for something, and if you cannot see that then you have your head buried in the sand. Judging from what is happening in Cypres, and the rumblings in parts of Europe, I would guess it has to do with a financial collapse leading to civil unrest. But, that being said, looking at the uptick in fireball sightings, which I have seen myself since I am on the road a lot on the Eagle/Ford Shale, and the fact they are calling this the "year of the comets", it may be an impact followed by an only the strong survive society, where Continuity of Government would be a huge factor.
THEY ARE STOCKPILING AMMO....THAT IS A FACT!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
To date, DHS has ordered over 2 billion rounds of various ammunition and their corresponding guns. They have also order over 2000 Striker, Heavy Wheeled Combat Vehicles. They are solely responsible for the drying up of the ammunition supply. If you thing they have not massively stockpiled ammunition, then where do you think all the bullets suddenly went. Lake City cetainly didn't stop making and selling bullets, they are trying to fill these enormous orders, and ammo will not be available to John Q. Public until the government has all that they think they will need. What are they preparing for, civil unrest, an invasion from a foreign nation, aliens, or maybe even an impact? We simply don't know, but they are planning for something, and if you cannot see that then you have your head buried in the sand. Judging from what is happening in Cypres, and the rumblings in parts of Europe, I would guess it has to do with a financial collapse leading to civil unrest. But, that being said, looking at the uptick in fireball sightings, which I have seen myself since I am on the road a lot on the Eagle/Ford Shale, and the fact they are calling this the "year of the comets", it may be an impact followed by an only the strong survive society, where Continuity of Government would be a huge factor.
THEY ARE STOCKPILING AMMO....THAT IS A FACT!

The MRAPs? Do you not understand that the DHS does not currently have any orders for these? What you are referring to is the fallacy that the 2,700+ MRAPs being ordered are for the DHS, when in fact the order is for USN and USMC use. The DHS has nothing to do with this.

Refer to Contract M67854-07-D-5032. This is for an order of 2,717 MRAPs from Navistar Defense. These will be built in Mississippi, with the original order fulfillment date in October of 2013. This is where all of the BS about the DHS MRAPs originated. The fact is that the DHS currently has less than 20 MRAPs in the United States.

Your enormous ammunition order issue here is also screwy. The government orders are for X amount over Y years (with Y ranging from 3 to 5, varying on the contract).

In summary ... you have no clue what you are talking about.
edit on 26-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread. The 1.6 billion thing has made me realize what these type of sites are really for, misinformed people or government fear mongers. The 1600M RFP was for 80,000 rounds total over a number of years. The government contractor handbook specifically states a quantity of M=50. They only were looking for 1600 50 round boxes. Not much at all. At least check the statement validity before reposting BS.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If you really believe there is no stockpiling going on, then where has all the ammunition gone? Just answer that, since you chose not to while replying to my last post. There is no ammunition available, and this is the case in every Wal-Mart, gun store, sporting goods store, and all online ammo sources. Where did it all go? If you can answer that, then perhaps you can add some weight to your argument. If you can explain to me where all the ammo is hidiong, then I might be convinced it isn't being stockpiled.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

The problem I have, is that posters here just blindly believe what people post, without actually doing any type of research to see if the information is indeed factual, or just plain false. What's even worse is when another poster links facts that show the information is completely false and other posters just ignore it.

I Could NOT agree more!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There are 15 members of Congress who have been stonewalled when asking about these ammo purchases. If there was nothing going on other than business as usual, then why do they refuse to answer the congressmens questions? Why do they believe they are above the Congress? Where is all the ammo?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thank you tide88. The world needs more sensible people like you. People that actually look at facts from legit sources. I cannot say thank you enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join