It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone think about cell phones as a conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mobile phones are a GPS beacon, it is almost inconceivable that the NSA, MI6(UK) or NDS(Aus) dont track and monitor calls made by identified individuals. The cable based telephone network is at least at a trunk level all digitally switched and therefore able to be monitored and intercepted as the need be, it is always worth considering that anything you say over the phone, or anywhere you go carrying your mobile, is potentially on the public record.

There is no conspiracy concerning this, it's simply a technological fact.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i agree my dad told me about the big brother thearory i was looking at onther post with the key hole site were you can see any house you want the the cell phone thing i agree to does any one think the film enemy of the state has a bit a realness?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have a cell phone for 2 reasons:

First so someone can actually call me when I'm online. Of course a cable modem would solve that....

Secondly, my family lives in Michigan, and I take my 3-year-old with me. That way I can call my husband and vice-versa, and if I break down, I can call AAA for help.

Mine has a GPS setting, you can have it on all the time, just for 911 calls, or not at all. I have it set for 911 only.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have a cell phone and DH has one also -- I have to admit we don't use them as much as most people seem to. We just had to get new phones and a new plan and our old plan was so old it was 90 minutes that you got with your plan -- the salesman laughed as that was so old he couldn't believe it -- heck we never used those minutes. Now we have 400 minutes (the smallest plan available) to split monthly
I know we will never use them up.

I also try to use hands free or headset when I do use it.

As far as being able to locate me -- can't see that it would ever be a problem -- don't plan on doing anything I shouldn't
And if I need them to find me I will be thrilled that they can.

jm

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Until recently, I enjoyed the freedom of working away from my office.

As long as I got my work done, there was never any problem.

Unfortunately a few less ambitious employees were caught goofing off for hours on end
by the big cheese at our office and all hell broke loose.

A month later all our regular cell phones were replaced with GPS units AND
our work vehicles were also fitted with GPS black boxes.

Not only can they tell where we are at any point of the day,
but also how fast we were going from point A to Point B. within seconds.

If you do what you are suposed to do at work, this is still not that big of a problem.

The trouble is if your company requires that you keep that same phone with you after hours. Then there could be real privacy issues.

On the up side of this is NOW being able to give your kids a GPS cell phone!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just wanted to weigh in on this one, I have some experience with it. Because of patriot (I think that is what made it legal) the feds and local cops can phone tap your mobile, home, and any other phone you use.
I've had this happen to me, granted I wasn't squeaky clean, not even close
. But it is eerie knowing the local cops/feds are listening to your conversations trying to nail you on something. Obviously since I am typing this and not in federal prison we found a way around it though. First off we identified surveillance, after identification we tested to make sure we weren't being paranoid. Including one spectacularly funny incident where I went to pick up a large amount of Coke at an out of the way spot with a couple of my friends
When the sirens popped behind me and cops popped out of everywhere we were rolling on the floor laughing.
All of this being the case if you carry a cell be careful what you say, prepaids aren't very safe either. Keep in mind if you buy a prepaid cell and you slap down a rewards card at the counter to get a discount, you just tagged the cell with your name.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry to add in some twistd humor but,
Just think of the number one job that the invention of the cell phone made EXTREMELY CONVENIENT.

And yes it pays the best, you don't have a time-sheet either.
It's called: drug dealing LMAO

And the worst of all: The only thing the War on Drugs has done is:

Teach our kids the metric system extremely well.
L

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Cell phones are bad. Turn them off at once.

click picture for link...

Looks just like your mobile phone, allows you to carry it anywhere without others aware: in class, in seminar, in shop, place of worship, library, on train or bus during trip, etc.

Jamming distance: Up to 15 meters radius, depending on the strength and type of cellular system

For all types of cellular system including analog (AMPS, TACS, NMT) and digital (GSM, DCS, CDMA, PDC, TDMA, PHS, PCS, iDEN)

For use in places that should free from cellular phone communication.

BTW, cell phones could also be used as a homing device for missiles. Turn off your phone in case they are homing a missile to a wrong number...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't call cell phones a conspiracy...

A way for phone companies to make big bucks? Yeah.

Are we all gonna get cancerous tumors all over our brain in ten years? Probably.

But conspiracy? Naw...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The major threat seems to be from the microwave emissions. If anything, the cell phone manufacturers are akin to the tobaco industry...a conspiracy of cover-ups having to do with deleterious effects of their product seems likely.

Here's some corroboration...

Cells Killed by Electromagnetic Radiation

By Glenn Fleishman

A new, expensive, multi-year study shows some isolated cells could be affected by cell-phone radiation: The study, the authors freely admit, doesn’t necessarily apply to living organisms, as they were testing the general principle of whether electromagnetic radiation in the range found in cellular telephones—orders of magnitude above the energy given off by a Wi-Fi cards and access points in the home—would damage cells. It did. Cells had their DNA uncoiled a bit and couldn’t always repair themselves. In a biological system, however, other mechanisms might compensate.

I hope that more studies of this scale are conducted to provide more definitive information. It’s clear that there is no smoking gun: there are millions of people who have had the kind of exposure—especially to older, more powerful cell phones—that would show an outbreak of disease if the effect was anything but extremely small. But measuring risk and understanding how to mitigate it is always a good idea.

For myself, I don’t expect that cell phones will show any real risk for adults, but I won’t let my tiny boy use a cell phone (when he’s old enough to talk on a phone)—if there is any substantial risk it’s more likely to affect developing brains. I use a Bluetooth headset for 95 percent of my talking time. Bluetooth puts out less signal strength than Wi-Fi, even.

wifinetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

By Glenn Fleishman

I use a Bluetooth headset for 95 percent of my talking time. Bluetooth puts out less signal strength than Wi-Fi, even.

The bluetooth emission would accumulate and add on to the general cell phone microwave emission...not replace them. The addition of a bluetooth headset increases your exposure to em signals and does not reduce the emissions in any way. Also, having a cell phone in your car traps the em waves and bounces them around inside the car...making your car into a microwave oven.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I BELIEVE THAT BIG BROTHER IS INDEED LISTENING IN AND SENDING OUT ALSO THE NET IS ANOTHER , IF WE NEW THE TRUTH WE WOULD BE LESS THAN WE ARE NOW THIS IS MAYBE GRAY WHAT THE HELL IS IN THE BLACK IF INDEED TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE ( I BELIEVE YES ) THEN SOMEONE GO BACK AND SWITCH THE LIGHT OFF.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The amount of crimes solved by eavesdropping on mobile communication in Holland is pretty taletelling, it's believed proportionally Dutch police uses more eavesdropping than usa police for investigations.

Many times I just put off my cellphone because I don't want to be a walking GPS beacon, but I don't think it will be long before Nokia build in a secret "remote activate from hibernate" , turning on your mobiule, but without your knowledge, no activity on your tft screen, sounds or keyboard ligting ups...they might activate your phonecam and microfone as well ...

If it's not built in yet, i want to file the patent I think their is huge demand by the NWO

[edit on 6-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
DOES ANYONE WANT TO BY MY CELL PHONE HA! HA! NO ON A DARKER NOTE APART FROM GLOBEL CELL PHONE SALES WHAT ELSE CAN AFFECT THE MASSES IF YOUR READING THIS YOUR ON IT.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join