It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone think about cell phones as a conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Does it seem to anyone else like cell phones are tools of some big brother figure? I mean, the media hypes it up so that everyone needs one to be cool and stay connected, while at the same time, every cell phone is registered to someone, and if you know who has what phone, cell phone towers can triangulate their position using their phone to within tens of feet. In addition to that, everything you use them for (voice, text, picture, internet) is logged and can be checked by anyone who has access to the information. It just seems kind of convenient that if you wanted to track people, you should not only give them a tracking device but make it so that they beg for the tracking device.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Gahh.. I was typing up a reply to this, and I accidently erased it. I don't want to write it all again, so I'll cut to the chase.

Cellphone conspiracy?
Maybe, maybe not.
My guess is it's likely.
I do not own a cellular phone, and I do not intend to get one, either.
This is for a variety of reasons, including the ones you've stated above.
But basically, I don't want to become dependent on yet another stupid device.
Come to think of it, I don't really want my friends or colleagues ringing me ever minute of the day with annoying pop-tune ring tones, or crazy vibrations.

Nah... I think I'm fine without a cell phone.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You could always buy a scrambler for it

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes, this has been discussed before. It seems that cell phones are one of the more obvious methods of keeping tabs on people. They can keep track of your activities, locations and obviously your conversations. Doesn't the NSA have supercomputers that monitor all communication as it is?... or is that another agency that handles that now? I personally could care less, as I have nothing to hide. Only when it becomes oppressive will I give a damn.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
nothing more then a finely crafted and properly marketed money making machine. sooooo completly and utterly unesesary but every one i know has one. damn i guess it is fun to throw ur money into the garbage and then light it on fire. ignorance is rampant i went to my friends frat house and saw 10 people each one had there cell phone out i did not feel left out for not having for the simple reason i deny ignorance
you wanna talk? write me a f**in letter. more so those things give you brain cancer, negative ions were never that healthy to be shooting through your skull. you wanna talk? come to my f**in house and talk to me.

WASTE OF MONEY

unless you are in a very profesional profesion that requires you to be contacted spiratically then by all means it is probably good to have one. other wise, use a pay phone you spoiled brat!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry there is just soemthing inherently wrong about holding a magnitron up against the side of your head for any length of time. Micorwave radiation is microwave radiation regardless of what box it comes out of.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I'm sorry there is just soemthing inherently wrong about holding a magnitron up against the side of your head for any length of time. Micorwave radiation is microwave radiation regardless of what box it comes out of.

Do you think my cell phone will kill me before smoking does? Or before the black Suburbans get to me?

I do belive cell phones are the perfect tool for tracking people--you can trace a signal with precision of some meters, I belive. Also, you can intercept the waves to hear what people talk about, but I do not think cell phones were MEANT to be some kind of shadowy conspiracy againsty humankind... It would be too simple... Too obvious.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm not sugesting that there is some malacious conspiracy behind cell phone use, I am suggesting that cell phone use is dangerous because microwave radiation is deadly. The guy that is responsible for that technology was on 20/20 saying that he didn't even wear his on his body.
Here's some more info...
www.futuredynamicadvantage.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.geocities.com...
tuberose.com...
www.the7thfire.com...
www.rense.com...
www.ewater.com...
www2.cruzio.com...
www.willthomas.net...
and so on and so forth. Check this little tid bit out...

www.feb.se...
The question of cell phone safety recently led Metrocall of Alexandria, Va., the nation's third-largest pager company and a major seller of AT&T cellular phones, to warn its sales staff that parents buying for a child or young adult should consider a pager instead of a cell phone "due to potential health risks." ...The first study will follow up the North Carolina research on DNA breakdown linked to cell phone radiation.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
with everyone and their dog using these darn things i can see it now. mutant cell phone monsters ravaging the cities with the brain wavelength radiation beams transmitting signals to one another.

at least smokers know they are killing them selves!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Government have the capacities to read your e-mail, see your bank account, listen to your conversation on the regular phone. This not really a big brother. Just buy a good frequency scanner and you will be able to listen your neigbours conversation...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Cell/Mobile phones are nifty tracking devices if they are registered contract phones.

In the UK, you can buy 'pay as you go' phones, you buy credits to use the phone without having to own an account. They do not need to be registered in order to use them. That gives you totaly anonymous airtime.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdcclxxvi
Does it seem to anyone else like cell phones are tools of some big brother figure?[...]

You might be interested in this then ...

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Mobiles double up as bus tickets
Mobile could soon double up as travel cards, with Nokia planning to try out a wireless ticket system on German buses.

Early next year travellers in the city of Hanau, near Frankfurt, will be able to pay for tickets by passing their phone over a smart-card reader already installed on the buses.

Passengers will need to own a Nokia 3220 handset which will have a special shell installed on it. "

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I noticed twitchy's position on this: I came to make similar comment.

The cellphone conspiracy element involves brain surgeons in the know, who will be dealing with your tumors in 12-15 years time.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
some vending machines can be paid for by cell phone, in the not too distant future you could use it to pay for everything. If fact you could say it was yet another possibility for mark of the beast, need one to buy and sell, held in right hand or hands free on the head (not forehead but close
) can call up the devil buy calling 666 or something

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I dont know if its a conspiracy but anyone using a cell phone can be tracked. This was done for emergency reasons they claim if you call 9-11 on your cell phone they can find were you are even if you cant tell them where your are.

Now they have all these phones with GPS and stuff all the easier. They even have those phones that companies can buy and they can track where there workers are.

So beware your company-issued cell phone may tell on you.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nokie has RFID chips in some of their phones now. Also phones with GPS are getting more popular. Conspiracy yes in some cases, but more chance these things are used for marketing and money making.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i heard in japan they invented a device that goes on your cell phone and deflects the harmful ions.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Personally I don't see it as a conspiracy.

They do have the ability to track your where-bouts within a certain range. From what I�ve seen, there only able to track you to the nearest cell mast. Unless the government has a reason to watch you, I don't believe there�s a reason to monitor any Tom, Dick or Harry. It would be pointless and impractical.

I know a lot of people mostly the older generation see cell phones as a useless gadget. But, cell phones have helped me in the worst of situations, for example:
I was involved in a motor accident, If it were not for my cell phone the lady in the other car would of almost certainly died and we'd of been trapped in a very rural area for perhaps hours before anyone found us.

If anyone has a problem with them nuking your brain all I can suggest is a "hands-free set".

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes good point, for god's sake get a head set for your cell phone. Holding it to the side of your head for hours is more than you might think it is. We took an electromagnetic field meter and keyed up a friend of mine's cell phone and it was reading high milligaus up to six feet away from it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Cell phones are probably just another Procution demand technology. There is a device that does deflect the radiation. I have even seen it advertised here in the U.S.

Cell Phones are just for the conveinience but the ability to Triangulate cellphones was just a by product. The goverment might be taking adcvantage of this but due to the ability to have phones without registering them to the company and just paying for a card in a store for minutes sorta defeats them.

But then againg it just slows them down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join