It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backyard Mystery In Eden: Pond Circles ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Eden, NY - A mystery of sorts has unfolded in the backyard of one of our viewers in Eden. It happened Friday evening as Peggy Gervase was looking out from the deck of her home at a nearby pond. She spotted what appeared to be a series of concentric circles that had opened in the snow covering the pond. It almost resembled the unusual phenomena known as crop circles. But again this occurred on the surface of a pond. Gervase posted pictures on Facebook and with a link on the WGRZ Facebook page, there were nearly 40,000 views with more than 200 comments. They contained explanations of what may have caused it. They included everything from underground springs to melting ice, meteors, methane gas, gas expelled by fish and ducks, and of course aliens.

www.wgrz.com...

Give the video a watch it's about 2 minutes long. I will warn though the reporter makes an ass out of himself via comments he makes. Dunno what it could have been that created this but thought it was interesting none the less. This is fairly local to me and we don't really have many strange things that happen around here, at least ones that get reported in the news. Look forward to anyone's input as to what they think might be the cause. Fwiw I am gonna go with warm springs causing the weird patterns but even then to form a perfect circle is odd.

edit on 25-3-2013 by jaynkeel because: add link

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Warmer gases bubbling up to the surface?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I saw this effect reproduced in a lab on television. Had something to do with circular currents. I'll see if I can find a link.

edit:

Here's something - Ice Circles
edit on 25-3-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

But the difference in these ones are that they are formed of missing ice, holes in the ice not really ice formed into circles like what was linked. But
on the link none the less was a neat phenomenon I was unaware of until reading that.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Electromagnetics of the earth may be able do strange things like this. I have seen similar events, but not so many in the same area. If there is an electromagnetic anomaly, it can even get fish to swim in a circle and I have seen bugs and birds fly in a spiraling vortex. I think they are swirling around something that we cannot see. A lot of things like this could originate from electromagnetic currents.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We call them springs but what the heck she got her 15 minutes anyway

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I’m going to have to go with fish farts…because it’s funny! Toilet humor is always funny!

There are a lot of circles found in nature. What you don’t find in nature are perfect angles and straight lines. I don’t think there is anything particularly strange about the pond circles. Besides, haven’t crop circles and such been debunked for the most part as hoax?? Why would aliens visit earth and leave circles in our fields and ponds?? What purpose could that possibly serve?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A circle so it must be visiting aliens? Sometime i wonder how a lot of people on Facebook even managed to sum up the intelligence to register on the site in the first place .

edit on 25-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
A circle so it must be visiting aliens? Sometime i wonder how a lot of people on Facebook even managed to sum up the intelligence to register on the site in the first place .

edit on 25-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

What's so unlikely about beings traveling thousands of light years just to make come circles in some ice on a pond?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sudden changes in water temperature create both warm and cold pockets, which create 'currents' as they ebb and flow to each other. Warm water tends to create a circular motion inside the colder waters....making-circular-pieces-of-ice.

Ice Circles

I've only just recently heard of them. Interesting.
Btw, the news guy suuuuccckkkked

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I would suspect hovering UFOs and aim at the sky to take any photos.
Anything looking odd in the skies or in nature on the ground these days
might be due to Tesla ships hovering above us.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

What makes you say that?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I’m going to have to go with fish farts…because it’s funny!

I'm going to have to agree with you there.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

What makes you say that?

I think the ships are beam riders going from sky to ground and will cause
agitation in the water below thus preventing freezing in the pond.
Thus a circle. If you look into old UFO lore which perhaps has been erased
the ground effects of landed UFO were investigated. A Mr William Reich
was involved in the soil deterioration. To me that infers things were lifted
from the spoil. So there is an upward force even on the ground from a Tesla
ship above or landed. The Tesla ship is made weightless by so many extra
electrons which would be easy to add more to force into motion as being
weightless means a force has been applied.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Everything's Tesla.

Got it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Circular holes in ice. Not the usual natural phenomenon of spinning circular rafts of ice caused by current in a stream or river. In any case, this was in a pond, where currents would probably be negligible or absent.
Such ice holes, like crop circles, could be a subtle way for extraterrestrials to suggest their presence, introducing themselves to us very gradually. Given the apparent human fear of the 'other'-- intelligent beings housed in a physical form unlike our own, this seems to be a wise policy.
Ice holes could be an interesting advancement in the contact process. So many now think that crop circles have all been explained in terms of hoaxers pressing down crops with planks attached to loops of rope. That obviously won't work with ice. So, how would hoaxers make ice holes? If they cut the ice and pulled it up out of the water, what would they do with it all, then?
A dozen or so new hot springs on the floor of the pond suddenly all bubbling up at once? (Such ice holes have apparently not been seen in this pond before.) I don't recall that Western New York is known for having hot springs. If someone can present facts to the contrary, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Take a look at this one
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

This
aha.miraclegreat.com...

2010 here
amazingnotes.com...

A few days ago there was a thread on two bodies of water with ice circles in each, I think one was a hole the other was wave forms in two and a half ft thick ice.
The people from nearby homes heard booms I think it was first, looking for it.

These formed between them being seen one day and the next.

Ah here it is
Strange boom, ice crater and frozen wave evidence of another fireball explosion?,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems they could also be holes from something coming down that refroze, like the russian hole
www.commercialappeal.com...

This one clearly froze as it was slashed...instant freeze
somethingsurprising.blogspot.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

This one clearly looks like something heavy parked there...it can be seen from space.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Lake Baikal is in a rift valley and is the largest (by volume) and deepest (5,400ft) fresh water lake on Earth. The World Heritage site is also one of the world’s oldest lakes aged between 25 to 30million years old. Sediment deposited on the bottom is up to 4.3miles deep. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It reminds me of the earth and cloud circle holes

strangesounds.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

And of course the sink holes:

A new sinkhole has opened in the very same central Florida town where a man was swallowed and killed in February. According to Fox News, an 8-foot-wide, 10-foot-deep hole was discovered between two houses in Seffner, Fla., this weekend.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Definitely them mysterious aliens stuffing with ATS minds again. Definitely...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Please keep in mind folks this is a small pond in a backyard outside a city, for those not familiar with the area in mention. This is by no means a giant area of water we are talking about. None the less I have read some pretty interesting theory's and thanks for everyone's contribution so far.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

because " tesla tachnology " is that members asnswer to everything

top topics

<<   2 >>

join