It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the dirtiest lobbyists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I found this short video to be pretty informative. What industry do you think spends the most money lobbying the Government to get what they want? You may or may not be surprised by the answer (it didn't really surprise me to be honest). Here's a great little factoid from the video:

79% of congress members who left office since 1998 have worked as lobbyists

I honestly don't even know how they have managed to maintain the illusion of fairness and choice for so long...
edit on 25/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I honestly don't even know how they have managed to maintain the illusion of fairness and choice for so long...

In the past it was easy to control the information the public received. Now with the internet information is at practically everyone's fingertips. Companies and the government curse the day they made the mistake of giving the public the internet.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Lobbying should be outlawed. Just another piece of proof of the corruption. It won’t be made illegal because there’s too much money in it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
Lobbying should be outlawed. Just another piece of proof of the corruption. It won’t be made illegal because there’s too much money in it.

Is lobbying even legal in the first place? I mean it's a type of outright bribery... I simply don't understand how something like that could ever be legal in the first place. Isn't there anything in the constitution which says congress and other members of the Government must not accept monetary bribes to carry out corporate interests? Isn't the whole point of the Government to serve the people and make laws and regulations in our interest? So how has the Government so easily been warped into this vending machine where corporations can insert a coin and get what they want out of it? It's just pure insanity imo...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

In the past it was easy to control the information the public received. Now with the internet information is at practically everyone's fingertips. Companies and the government curse the day they made the mistake of giving the public the internet.

Yes I agree... but unfortunately even with the internet at our fingertips most people don't use it to research important information, they use it to watch cat videos on YouTube. It just totally sickens me how much faith some people have in the Government. They need a slap in the face so they can wake up to reality.
edit on 25/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dirtiest lobbyists? That's sorta like "Who are the gayest figure skaters"

I remember learning about lobbyists in Citizenship class (2000). They teach you about corporations and special interest groups wining and dining our politicians. So as we grow up, we're already accustomed to the idea that government can be bought and paid for and, in the right context, bribery is legal and acceptable

S+F

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

theyre all dirty its true but some revel in it and make it their own ....a mister norquist comes to mind

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
For every $1.00 they spend on lobbying they get back $200.00. That won't be stopped anytime soon.

new topics

top topics

join