It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Women

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A real Woman!!!! as to what, a rubber doll? tut only a man could have started this thread

Friendly banter by the way, just in case you think I'm stoking the fire to burn my bra lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
LOL, now that was cute. And honest.

I am going to go out on a limb here with this one and say:

Maybe this was a mans thread directed at another man?

Surely to god, this would not fly with many woman.

Now you have read this, can you get yourself back in the kitchen and cook me a pie? (jk)

Originally posted by ballymoney50
A real Woman!!!! as to what, a rubber doll? tut only a man could have started this thread

Friendly banter by the way, just in case you think I'm stoking the fire to burn my bra lol

edit on 2-4-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseMove

Originally posted by hotel1
How to be a real women

Strive to stay close to the weight you were when you first met.

Have a pleasing, and pleasant manner.

Do not nag.

Be a comfort, and a joy to be around.

Take pride in the high standard to which you keep your home.

Learn to prepare delicious, and nutritious meals.

Be supportive of his goals.

Celebrate his accomplishments with him.

Show your appreciation for the way he cares about you by your actions in the bedroom.

HA HA HA HA HA!

Give my regards to Rosie Palmer, eh?

Are you reffering to the three year old Rosie Palmer who was abducted, raped, and murdered in the north of England in the early nineties?.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Personally i consider anyone who has a rough idea of "Real Men/Women" to be up their own arse's. People dont come in boxes and its unrealistic to make expectations of people based purely on their gender.

I do laugh to myself though when i see pathetic posts on facebook being shared like "Anyone can be a parent but it takes so and so to be a mother/father" How can people have nothing better to do than big themselves up on a social networking site??

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Ahh, but Gaz, have you not used that yourself? Coz I'm fairly sure my lad has against me just as many times as I have against him.

For us to use sex to get something, that would require us wanting something more than sex.... You see where you are losing me with this equation?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I can see your logic there. It usually ends with that

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Old fashioned sort of thread, when I saw the headline of real women I thought it was the name any lady over 20 stone seems to give themselves these days.

Real women? Who on earth is to judge what a real woman is or ought to be? A lady could be well versed in all manner of social ettiquette and convince those around her that her guffs are akin to roses yet still be a complete unhinged monster when the stars are aligned.

Half of this thread has me thinking that in order to be a real woman I have to become a complete dish rag.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread. If anyone needs me, I'll be pawning noobs and plotting which sexual handstands will get me a new stairs carpet.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
How to be a real women

Strive to stay close to the weight you were when you first met.

Have a pleasing, and pleasant manner.

Do not nag.

Be a comfort, and a joy to be around.

Take pride in the high standard to which you keep your home.

Learn to prepare delicious, and nutritious meals.

Be supportive of his goals.

Celebrate his accomplishments with him.

Show your appreciation for the way he cares about you by your actions in the bedroom.

Yeesh! I must be defective.

What happens when a woman gains weight through illness? I gained nearly 6 stone over the course of three years because of a combination of ovarian problems... I've lost two of them in the last year... but I'm trying. Not for him, mind you. But for me...

Why should I be pleasing and pleasant? If I'm ratty, and tired, I need a shower and I'm hungry, don't expect me to be all sweetness and light.

I think I can honestly say I don't nag. I don't need to. We both do the things that are asked of us when we are asked. If we don't, a gentle reminder is usually key.

A comfort and a joy to be around... I don't get it... Shouldn't this fall under pleasing and pleasant? I'm terrible at comforting others. I can manage comforting my child, but other adults.... eh, not so good.

HAHA Take pride in the high standard to which I keep my home. Lol, now I know I'm broken. My house is passably clean. I'm not a maid.

I know how to cook, and I cook well. This comes from having a grandmother who used to be a chef, who taught my mum, who taught me. Now I'm a near virtuoso in the kitchen.

I am supportive of goals, as he is of mine. Last year we celebrated his new job. And he's just painted the house. Good for him!

My my appreciation for the way he cares in the bedroom... this is the one I take umbrage at.
I am not a maid, and I am not his personal pleasure giver (well, I am). I will not 'reward' him sexually for doing something he should want to do in the first place...
If men feel that they should only try to be nice to women because they might get sex out of it... well those are some pretty sad men, and men I should not like to encounter.
These are the guys who whine about being put in the friendzone. You don't "buy" a woman with kindness, and hope you get something sexual in return. That's BS...

A real woman shouldn't be afraid to stand up for the things she believes in. She shouldn't be afraid to be speak out against things she feels are wrong. She should be able to enjoy her life, as she wants to, and not have to worry about living up to standards set by other people.

A real man should respect women, and see them as equals, not property.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

A real woman shouldn't be afraid to stand up for the things she believes in. She shouldn't be afraid to be speak out against things she feels are wrong. She should be able to enjoy her life, as she wants to, and not have to worry about living up to standards set by other people.

A real man should respect women, and see them as equals, not property.

well said. I think that's the best it's been put so far.

But I agree. I'm rubbish at most of those things. I don't have the concentration to cook (although when I move out, I will learn because I'll have to), I'm very rarely a joy to be around because medical issues are giving me some hideous mood swings, I'm the most unsympathetic person going - I just can't do it - I weigh a lot less than when he first met me, again, coz of the medical issues. It's horrible. Not flattering in the slightest. I'll respect his goals and achievements if he'll respect mine. I'll celebrate his new job, but I'd expect him to do the same...

And mainly, I expect to be respected and not a doormat. Now, if this person was right I'd not be touched with a bargepole... Yet, I have a boyfriend who seems pretty content and has been for nearly a year. That'd be long enough to come to his senses, surely??
edit on 24/4/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Great thread !

A few years ago, someone told me a good woman has to be the "trifecta". He asked me if I knew what requirements were for the "trifecta". I answered what only made sense to me:

1) mattress dancing ~ your abilities in the sack

2) cooking ~ every woman should take pride in how well they cook

3) let them watch football and leave them alone

He laughed and said I was almost right, pretty close but the 3rd one was actually leave them alone and let them SLEEP. Lol ! Well, my husband pretty much sleeps through most games, especially after I've cooked him up something real tasty, so there ya have it!

Anyway, I wouldn't take any of this too seriously. As long as you and your husband are content and your children are your pride and joy, who really cares? Nobody is perfect in this world. I will say, for him to limit his traits of a good woman to only 3, well that is not hard to achieve
I personally feel there are so many more to list. I guess those are the BIG ones, lol !

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And here's what my husband's comments were... (Yes, I interrupted his busy day at work
)

" a woman who always puts her family first, is healthy, intelligent & funny, understanding & committed, makes a good home for her family. Bonuses would be a great cook and knows how to be sexy." - the husband

Well you can tell he put a lot of thought into lol ! But it pretty much says the same thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Darnit, girls these days need the man to follow through and keep communicating almost everyday.

The last couple times I met a cool girl I stopped calling her for a week and they left.

I almost am 100% sure that if I would have kept on talking they would have been with me. It wasn't really the kind of guy they wanted, they just wanted a guy who could talk to them every day and night. And when i didn't they left.

We all get over the feeling, but that feeling sucks when somebody you like just totally leaves you and find another guy, she doesn't call you because she is used to guys calling her, so when you don't call for a week she has already found somebody.

I am just trying to find someone meant for me but that doesn't seem to mean anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Why does it have to be a problem with her, if more than likely, she just wasn't interested in you?

When men don't call women back - "Typical man! Oh well, guess that's another one out the window."

When women don't call men back - "What a bitch! Wtf is her problem? I bet she's interested in someone else, what a whore!"

When a woman doesn't feel comfortable enough to tell you she's not interested, or doesn't call you back, she's probably protecting herself from some kind of verbal abuse she knows she's going to get because you feel "entitled" to speak to her, but for whatever reason, don't. Just because you think she's cool, doesn't mean she is your exclusive property.
If you've not spoken to her, then your assumption that she's found someone else is based on what?
And if you weren't dating, then what business is it of yours if she has? She's entitled to keep her options open, just as men do, but somehow that's a bad thing...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I agree with the poster above, but, why wouldn't you want to speak to her every day if you're into her?

My boyfriend works, I'm at uni, but we still speak to each other when we get the chance. If we don't, we miss each other and one of us makes the effort. I don't mind texting him first (I hate speaking on the phone to anyone unless it's too much hassle to type it out).

If you really like someone you'll both want to keep the contact. If you stop calling, she'll assume you're not into her and probably start looking elsewhere. If she doesn't ring when you don't, then she's probably not that into you either.

You just haven't found the right lass yet. Which is no big deal, really. Because I'm pretty sure whatever is meant to be will, so hopefully you will one day

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting responses so far.

I believe a few people are missing the point of the list in the opening post. The list might be applicable to both men and women in the "let's all be equal" sense, but in reality, it is targeting the strengths and weaknesses of women in particular, so applies mainly to women.

Disappointing that some members have taken the opening post personally - viewing it as an an attack on all women, or a guideline for how all women ought to act. This was not the intention of the thread.
edit on 25/4/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
reply to post by greyer

I agree with the poster above, but, why wouldn't you want to speak to her every day if you're into her?

You just haven't found the right lass yet. Which is no big deal, really. Because I'm pretty sure whatever is meant to be will, so hopefully you will one day

I assumed that she was talking to another guy. I know, the last thing I should do is assume. All I kept on feeling, is that I was able to call her, to start a relationship, all I need to do last week WAS to call her more.

I'm moving, I was working late, she could have certainly texted me once at least to brighten up my day.

Deep down it feels like she wasn't picky, she just needed any guy who could be there, and Very Fast.

ONe thing stands again - Love Doesn't Wait. That is from the Girl's point of view. I am still going to be here tomorrow and still love you tomorrow, I don't go away so fast.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by greyer

Why does it have to be a problem with her, if more than likely, she just wasn't interested in you?

Why is that more than likely since you don't know me or what happened? Or are you a negative hater? THAT is more than likely.

The reason is because I didn't do anything but make her laugh and smile in the short time between talking to her and not talking to her - but anything is possible it is just less than likely.

Whatever I have forgotten about haters like her and you.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Why would I be a negative hater?
I'm saying that more often than not, if a woman stops talking to you, she's not into you... that's all. It doesn't mean I'm hating on you.
No point crying over spilt milk, since you assume she's gone off with someone else, your best bet is to get over it and move on

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Interesting responses so far.

I believe a few people are missing the point of the list in the opening post. The list might be applicable to both men and women in the "let's all be equal" sense, but in reality, it is targeting the strengths and weaknesses of women in particular, so applies mainly to women.

Disappointing that some members have taken the opening post personally - viewing it as an an attack on all women, or a guideline for how all women ought to act. This was not the intention of the thread.
edit on 25/4/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

I believe you have missed the points of most posters, that being - "gender equality". Now my question to you is "Is gender equality not possible in your eyes?".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You're right, of course. It's a two sided thing and if you didn't have the time, she could've tried. If she's not picky, she's not worth it. Find someone better

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join