It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom exists and always will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The book called "The secret" was a half tales truth based on another book written in the 1900's. Im not going to give away the title of the book because I dont feel like doing your homework for you.

If you are generally interested in the truth, you would seek and find it, not I would encourage or discourage you from finding it.

But the principals are simple.

If you are a seeker of truth you evaluate stories be it factual or false on their own merit.

Therefore, in this book written in the late 1900s (communists beware) it promotes capitalism and spirituality.

Anyways, it has something I think any of atheists or communists could even dig into. Any walk of life really.

However the basis of the book is that consciousness that is humble before god the creator and gives thanks can achieve limitless success and that is true.

However, in todays society there are more restraints and this is harder to achieve then it was 100 years ago, yet even simpler because of this opportunity the great lord has presented.

Moving on, its all a matter of perspective.

God will never give you more than you can handle.
This is true in my life...So if god ever gave you something you cant handle in your own life then please let me know. Of course if you couldn't handle it you shouldn't be writing me because if you couldn't handle it then physically you should be dead.

anyways.... almost anything that you touch or breathe has a living substance, everything you see brings some sort of life or creativity. and creativity is what its all about.....but not boring creativity, creativity that can be passed on to other people to help them learn and communicate...thats the secret....and if you learn it....god will give you eternal gifts.

The act of creating, is the act of giving new life (or making ones life more abundant and creative.)

thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What the Hell does this have to do with survival? This isn't even PMA. It belongs in the spirituality stuff.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Put it wherever.

But it has kep me alive for several years and you don't have to believe in god or you could be questioning god. That doesnt matter.

What does matter is that if people didn't believe in something greater than themselves, they simply would not survive.

Thats why I chose the survival forum.

But alas, if they acknowledge that fact, they can thrive like I do.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

"If your not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary".. Malcom X

The question we need to ask ourselves is what defines freedom?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

To me, it means leaving my children to work for an honest living and without persecution.. For me it means dying with a clear conscience...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by DarknStormy

To me, it means leaving my children to work for an honest living and without persecution.. For me it means dying with a clear conscience...

And thats fine if your happy doing that which you should be. But let's say it was taken in 2 years in a financial crash and the government were not going to give those rights back. Would you sacrifice yourself to ensure your children had the same freedom you did 2 years prior?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

The OP is incoherent and delusional.

'Freedom exists and always will' - that sounds like a philosophical claim to me, so I was expecting some philosophical argument to support this. But found none. Instead I found some confused mumbo-jumbo about God.

The OP makes the claim, that God will never give you anything you can't handle, but if he has, you'd be dead, and hence can't join in on the debate.
This makes no sense. First of, plenty of people commit suicide each and every minute of the day, so that should be plenty of proof to kill that theory, but besides that there are also the many millions of people around the world, traumatized by war, famine, poverty etc.
Gotta say, your idea that God only gives us what we can handle has got to be the least insightful, least empathic, most ignorant thing I have EVER read in here. I am shocked.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
The book called "The secret" was a half tales truth based on another book written in the 1900's. Im not going to give away the title of the book because I dont feel like doing your homework for you.

If you are generally interested in the truth, you would seek and find it, not I would encourage or discourage you from finding it.

But the principals are simple.

If you are a seeker of truth you evaluate stories be it factual or false on their own merit.

Therefore, in this book written in the late 1900s (communists beware) it promotes capitalism and spirituality.

Anyways, it has something I think any of atheists or communists could even dig into. Any walk of life really.

However the basis of the book is that consciousness that is humble before god the creator and gives thanks can achieve limitless success and that is true.

However, in todays society there are more restraints and this is harder to achieve then it was 100 years ago, yet even simpler because of this opportunity the great lord has presented.

Moving on, its all a matter of perspective.

God will never give you more than you can handle.
This is true in my life...So if god ever gave you something you cant handle in your own life then please let me know. Of course if you couldn't handle it you shouldn't be writing me because if you couldn't handle it then physically you should be dead.

anyways.... almost anything that you touch or breathe has a living substance, everything you see brings some sort of life or creativity. and creativity is what its all about.....but not boring creativity, creativity that can be passed on to other people to help them learn and communicate...thats the secret....and if you learn it....god will give you eternal gifts.

The act of creating, is the act of giving new life (or making ones life more abundant and creative.)

thanks for reading

I refuse to read the rest of this post after you got snippy about the homework. It would have been easy enough to add it when you already know the answer. This isn't school and no one is being graded.

new topics

top topics

join