Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Syrian President Assad Is not Assassinated. Assad death report dismissed as ‘ridiculous’ rumor

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Assad death report dismissed as ‘ridiculous’ rumor

According to Russia Today and sources those living in Damascus the claims by some Israeli and Arab News outlets that President Assad Has being Assassinated is nothing more then an Rumor.
Assad death report dismissed as ‘ridiculous’ rumor

However, a source close to the Syrian government, in a conversation with RT, has dismissed the rumors as outlandish, and the fact that the news had spread at all, bizarre. “It’s not true. Definitely it’s not. The first one to bring this news was an Israeli [website] so it’s a shame to all the news channels, newspapers and websites copying this thing without any source. Just the Israeli website brought this news and all the channels [used]. So it’s ridiculous. And he [Assad] doesn’t have an Iranian bodyguard.”

However, online updates from Assad’s inner circle said the Syrian leader’s shooting was false and that he was alive and in high spirits. The conflicting reports highlight the chaos that continues to engulf the country, which has been mired in a bloody civil war for two years.

An example of Israel spreading Fake News.

Assad Confirmed Dead, Iran Attempts To Control Syria Army

An Israeli security analyst believes the report to be accurate.
Yes an Israeli security analyst how very reliable.

Russian media sources have confirmed that Syria President Bashar Assad was shot by an Iranian bodyguard Saturday night.

Thats really not true. No Russian media sources have confirmed anything out of sort, rather they were questioning the rumors as well.

And what makes this so unbelievable? its this part.

Syrian solders are now deserting in mass. I don't believe that the West will allow any Iranian control of Damascus."

"Syrian solders are now deserting in mass." Thats what our Mainstream News outlets have being claiming for three years now, and whats this? is Israel and its news press addicted to Iran?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So now we have a he' says she's says situation..

I don't know who to believe, to be honest I wont believe he's alive until he faces the camera. Until then, im still on the 'guy is toast' wagon!

It is in the Syrian governments personal interests to continue claiming he's alive
It is in the Israeli governments personal interests to claim he's dead
But RUSSIA? is the unusual mouth in this piece.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The rumor started on Friday and Saturday. So it has being a three day long Rumor mall which yes it all started on social media.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It also goes something like this.

One day a rumor Assad got divorced, another day
Assad lives on Russian ship, today Assad is shot.

Seriously at least the opposition could a bit more creative.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So... what are they really covering? A Syrian opposition leader quit today from the coalition government... that Russian rich dude died and there was a rad team searching his mansion (but nothing found). What else?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This is a psycho-war on Syrian people.

rt.com...

And those who spread these news don't think that , one day , it maybe their turn.

The propaganda machine is taking pace and ignorant give it the fuel.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

An Israeli security analyst believes the report to be accurate.
Yes an Israeli security analyst how very reliable.

Syria doesn't allow freedom of the press so why would you believe Syrian officials?

Breakdown of all sides and the info leaked so far:

UPDATE: Assad’s inner circle says the reports are not true – the dictator is in high spirits and will deliver a keynote speech within days (unless he’s dead).

The sources said that President Assad was transferred to Shami Hospital in Damascus, suffering from wounds and described it as very serious, and he is fighting for his life there, while the Syrian army has closed all roads leading to the hospital. Even the meantime there has been no official statement by the system, while sources close to him denied what was in the news altogether, noting that the president was in good health and high spirits, and will deliver a keynote speech in the coming days.

UPDATE: Syrian TV premises have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Russia Today News (pro-Assad) says the rumors are not true because Assad’s inner circle told them so.

UPDATE: Here we go…..
The Jews and their robots are being blamed for the ‘disinformation.’

Zionist bedouins created an Al-Assad articulated robot, will show him dead along with Damascus streets in chaos, to bring about panic and demoralize the Syrian people and the army, to enable terrorists to take advantage of the situation. Just like they did with the fake GREEN SQUARE footage in LIBYA.

Those Jews and their evil robots are at it again.

UPDATE: French website L’Express picked up the story but says there is no evidence the reports are true.

UPDATE: The New York Daily News reported on the rumors.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Back to "free" media in Syria... Yeah, you know how everyone bitches about "martial law" coming to the states? Syria has had it for a lifetime now....

They tell you what they want you to believe. Difference being is it might mean jail if you choose not to believe it, pretend to believe it, or fail to accept it.

The constitution of the Syrian Arab Republic guaranteed the right to a free press and freedom of expression, but Syria was under a highly restrictive state of emergency law since the Ba'ath Party came to power in 1963. Articles issued under the extremely broad state of emergency law authorized the state to control newspapers, books, radio and television broadcasting, advertising, and the visual arts; the state retained the right to confiscate and destroy any work that threatened the security of the state.

en.wikipedia.org...

BTW< I'm not saying definitively that Assad is dead or alive, I just wonder why you believe a regime that admits control to all news outlets in their country. And the fact that they won't publish anything detrimental to them is widely known.
edit on 25-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The Syrian press are no different to the West. If anything, they probably speak more truths than the garbage we have to listen to on a regualr basis.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

This is exactly what the israeli terrorist wants, many tv appearances from Assad in order to pinpoint his location and/or be able to predict his next location.
By deception thou shalt do war...
Terrorist israelis, I can't wait for their aid and bombs to be cut off and they get overrun by the screaming masses.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
It is in the Israeli governments personal interests to claim he's dead

I would disagree. It is in Israeli interests for Assad to live on and for Syria to tear itself to pieces.

If Assad was really dead, I think the news media would be alive. RT.com is not a reliable source.

Regards

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

RT.com is not a reliable source.

If Russia Today is not a reliable source what makes you think that the Israeli News sources are all reliable? i could say the same thing about CNN, FOX.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by boncho

The Syrian press are no different to the West. If anything, they probably speak more truths than the garbage we have to listen to on a regualr basis.

So because someone lies or manipulates the truth, the other person must be telling the truth!

Funny logic many of you use.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If Russia Today is not a reliable source what makes you think that the Israeli News sources are all reliable?

I don't.

Russia today is always reporting drivel. If Assad had been assassinated then everyone would be shouting about it, not least the Syrian opposition.

Regards

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

So because someone lies or manipulates the truth, the other person must be telling the truth!

I'm not saying they are telling the truth all the time but I don't see what the difference is between any of them.. Some say RT are unreliable, but whats the difference when they all do the same friggin thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

I'm not saying they are telling the truth all the time but I don't see what the difference is between any of them.. Some say RT are unreliable, but whats the difference when they all do the same friggin thing?

Nothing, that was my point.

Of course in certain situations some are more likely to give a more accurate account depending on their position and how the information affects it.

My response was to the OP who fails to address any anti-Israel post with criticism. If it's anti-Israel, it must be true?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I agree, if he is alive, then show yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio

If Israel says it then it must be true, if Saudis say it it must be true, if CNN says then its 100% true thats the way i am seeing your post.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio

He's alive... It would be out of character for the West not to report the death of the man they have been trying to topple for the last two years.. If they haven't reported it still til now, then he is alive and well.

top topics

join